THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OBAMA gets the NOM.  (Read 11742 times)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: OBAMA gets the NOM.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »

Obama / Clinton would be a strong Democratic ticket, but I can only imagine the clash
of personalities.  Better for all concerned if either she says preemptively that she isn't
interested in the #2 spot, or better yet, if he offers and she declines (politely, of course).
That way, she gets payback ("Beat me in the primary?  Well I won't run with you.  So
there!"
) and her supporters can still get in line with the party's candidate, without the
otherwise-inevitable continuation of the complaints that she's been somehow mistreated.

Besides, with Ted Kennedy likely to retire soon (have I said this before?), the Far Left
needs a new figurehead in the Senate, and the GOP needs a new focus for their propaganda,
and in Hillary, they've got an experienced scape... uh, donkey? to fill both
roles.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

virtual~mary

• The Bewitched
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »

yes, but hill would make the dream ticket for boomers and their kids to rally around together. the two names have been joined in the media for the past 16 months. it would show party unity. double dipping donors. yadda, yadda, yadda. 

Kovacs

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »

I like Carter's comment about the only thing a joint ticket would do is open the campaign to criticism on both their negative points.

There are people that absolutely despise Hilary, to the point of not being able to vote for her. Make her Secretary of State, she fully endorses Obama and campaigns for him through November, her supporters start to remember actual political issues instead of whatever it is they're thinking of currently, win, count it, and one.

Drizz

• Her Vagesty, Our Lady of Perpetual Tardiness
  • Nappy-Headed Ho
    • Mah MySpace
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 06:30:05 PM »

I would, quite seriously, I kid you not, shit my fucking pants if she's the vee pee.

FO' SHIZZ, MUTHA FUCKA.
Quote from: Pillowz R Kool
Quote from: Chay
i read somewhere that masturbating during your period can actually help with cramps
And you can finger paint after.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 06:33:37 PM »

yes, but hill would make the dream ticket for boomers and their kids to rally around together. the two names have been joined in the media for the past 16 months. it would show party unity. double dipping donors. yadda, yadda, yadda. 

They'd be a fundraising machine beyond all imagination...but Hillary on the Dem ticket would unite the Republicans far better tham McCain's been able to do. Best to get someone else for the VP spot.

jdfu!

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 02:32:06 AM »

I would, quite seriously, I kid you not, shit my fucking pants if she's the vee pee.

FO' SHIZZ, MUTHA FUCKA.

He'd be an idiot not to offer her the spot. My personal feelings about Hillary aside, neither Obama nor Hillary have the power to take on McCain alone. I was hoping for Hillary to win the primary, with Obama as the VP, but that didn't come about. If Obama doesn't offer Hillary the spot, there will be a fuckton of pissed off Hillary supporters who will either stay home or vote for McCain, costing Obama essential votes. There's no way he can win without her support, just as she couldn't have won without his support.

Personally, I'm one of those pissed off Hillary supporters. If she's not selected as his VP, I'll be writing her in, just as I suspect many others will be doing.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

Kovacs

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 04:16:49 AM »

Where are you getting this idea that McCain has all this power?

Edit: And considering Obama and Hillary are nearly identical on their stance on issues, writing Hillary in is incredibly selfish. It's your vote, but I'd strongly consider the good of the party and the nation before making that choice. I highly doubt Hillary would want you to write her in.

Johnny

• Get your leather on
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 09:51:22 PM »

DAMN!

I hope hillary will go for VP and maybe she can mediate and have some input in the choices he makes.....

where i work everyone is very republican and patriotic and they swear they're buying a shotgun and sitting on their porch and shooting anyone that comes in their property..

and that the nation will become muslim

and oh, my favorite when i was talking about human rights one guy said, "god made adam and eve, not adam and steve"

sigh...

i could only laugh.
I don't have low self esteem. I just have low esteem for everyone else.

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 11:05:12 PM »

I have heard the Adam and Eve thing before... along with lots of other rhyming philosophy. I enjoy it. It's very easy to make people realize how absurd they sound when they do that.

"Ah! That rhymes! Lovely. Now that that's been established; who made Steve?"
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 02:36:18 PM »

I have heard the Adam and Eve thing before... along with lots of other rhyming philosophy. I enjoy it. It's very easy to make people realize how absurd they sound when they do that.

"Ah! That rhymes! Lovely. Now that that's been established; who made Steve?"
Naw, I'm still trying to figure out where Cain & Abel went to pick up chicks...  West VA, maybe?

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 02:52:38 PM »

I imagine things were rough.

...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 02:57:58 PM »

I saw that Neanderthal chick first! 

Sure, but you left with a gorilla, so you have no claim!

Take THAT, backstabber!

Molotovna

• Jammy Dodger
  • Don't shootshootshoot that thing at me!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 04:06:50 PM »

FO' SHIZZ, MUTHA FUCKA.

He'd be an idiot not to offer her the spot. My personal feelings about Hillary aside, neither Obama nor Hillary have the power to take on McCain alone. I was hoping for Hillary to win the primary, with Obama as the VP, but that didn't come about. If Obama doesn't offer Hillary the spot, there will be a fuckton of pissed off Hillary supporters who will either stay home or vote for McCain, costing Obama essential votes. There's no way he can win without her support, just as she couldn't have won without his support.

Personally, I'm one of those pissed off Hillary supporters. If she's not selected as his VP, I'll be writing her in, just as I suspect many others will be doing.

If he offered her the spot, it would only be out of pressure from the party. I'm pretty sure it won't happen.

That being said, if Obama wins, I'm going to throw myself from the 696 and Gratiot overpass. The locals here might see me on the news. My brother is hoping he gets assassinated. I don't doubt that there may be attempts.
Quote from: armyoflarry
Sweet!!! Ummm, I mean that fills my soul with Northern Darkness of Frostbitten Empires and stuff.

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 04:35:44 PM »

FO' SHIZZ, MUTHA FUCKA.

If he offered her the spot, it would only be out of pressure from the party. I'm pretty sure it won't happen.

That being said, if Obama wins, I'm going to throw myself from the 696 and Gratiot overpass. The locals here might see me on the news. My brother is hoping he gets assassinated. I don't doubt that there may be attempts.

I feel the same way about either candidate this year. Granted, Obama is the lesser of two evils, but if he chooses Hillary as his VP and gets assassinated, at least we'll have a somewhat better president.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

Kovacs

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 04:54:15 PM »

Stunning. Absolutely stunning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Up