THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OBAMA gets the NOM.  (Read 11776 times)

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
Re: OBAMA gets the NOM.
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 09:13:26 PM »

That being said, if Obama wins, I'm going to throw myself from the 696 and Gratiot overpass. The locals here might see me on the news. My brother is hoping he gets assassinated. I don't doubt that there may be attempts.

It's his hairstyle, isn't it?
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 09:34:31 PM »

Sethie, Obama would not be stronger if he gave into the Hillary supporters, and chose her at his VP. that would be an obvious sign of weakness. immense weakness, actually. at this point the only differences between Obama and Hillary are a couple of policies, and attitude. honestly, they're almost the same entity.

Obama would be stronger if he chose somebody like Edwards, Biden, or somebody with experience (except Ron Paul). Hillary has experience, but the air is sour between them, and she campaigns on the platform of her husband's experience, not her own. it just seems like there would be more bickering than work being done. i also agree with Cee on how it should be handled. i cannot believe how childish the extremists for Obama or Hillary have been.

this isn't fucking American Idol. this is Democracy, and if you're a Democrat, and you don't vote Democrat simply because your guy didn't get it, then that's kind of shameful. i dislike Hillary, but i would vote for her without a doubt if she won as the Democratic nominee. also, McCain has been recently photographed sucking on GW's tits, and the slogan for his campaign is "Honor". i just don't think it should be that hard for Obama to take him alone.

if Obama can take Hillary and her merry band of rabid supporters, Fox News, and all the racists in the country, ...i think he can take McCain all by his biddy lomesome.

Rob

• Now I must go, Sean Hannity is on.
  • Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »

Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »

Robert Byrd

any relation, Rob? or shall i say....Robert?! y'all look the same to me.

Molotovna

• Jammy Dodger
  • Don't shootshootshoot that thing at me!
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 10:43:17 PM »

It's his hairstyle, isn't it?

Now that you've discovered the secret to my hatred, you'll have to be dealt with, as well. Expect a knock on your door in 20 minutes or so. Don't struggle, it'll only make things worse.
Quote from: armyoflarry
Sweet!!! Ummm, I mean that fills my soul with Northern Darkness of Frostbitten Empires and stuff.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 11:11:36 PM »

Obama's election should be a happy thing for you. In this brave, new world, even your brother could be elected!

Kovacs

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 12:08:50 AM »

Obama's election should be a happy thing for you. In this brave, new world, even your brother could be elected!

HAHAHAHAHA! HA!

And Seth, I'm insanely curious as to your current political philosophies and logic. You didn't answer me, here or in the other thread.

Granted, Obama is the lesser of two evils

That, to me, implies you put McCain and Obama on essentially the same level. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Er. Aren't you gay? Based on just that one issue, how on earth could you consider Obama and McCain on the same tier? And write in Hilary, giving McCain a better chance to get into office? Do you care about issues, or are you just pissed off?

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 01:06:24 AM »

~goes out now to buy that Ben and Jerrys Cake Batter ice cream, as she isn't really partial to popcorn~

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 03:06:15 AM »

Granted, Obama is the lesser of two evils

That, to me, implies you put McCain and Obama on essentially the same level. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Er. Aren't you gay? Based on just that one issue, how on earth could you consider Obama and McCain on the same tier? And write in Hilary, giving McCain a better chance to get into office? Do you care about issues, or are you just pissed off?

Obama and McCain are certainly not on the same level. That is, McCain is a neo-nazi warmonger, and I have no problems with Obama other than his Pastor, the fact that he plans getting the United States involved in Darfur, and he's very into coal and other forms of energy that are horrible for the environment. I do care about the issues, and given a choice between Obama and McCain, I'm forced to choose Obama.*

But like I said, I have some serious problems with him. Reverend White, for one. You don't attend a church for twenty years, presided over by someone so hateful and racist, without sharing some of his ideals. He's also said that he's going to end the Darfur genocide, which is just going to be another huge military expenditure. I'm sure I'll piss people off with this statement, but someone has to say it: I don't give one flying shit about Darfur.  People have been killing each other in Sudan since the fifties, and I don't see why it's anyone's problem but their own. One of two things can happen: Either they'll eventually sort it out, and then they'll all go out for ice cream, or they'll all kill each other. There is no reason why the United States government should spend taxpayer money to place military forces in Sudan when we already have a huge defecit from our current military expeditions.

I have some problems with his energy plan, but I had problems with the energy plan proposed by all three major candidates, so I won't even get into it here.

In short, I probably will vote for him. He's better than McCain.

*yes, I know I said I'd be writing hillary in. When I posted that, there had been no news of what Hillary was doing and I was pissed. I won't be writing hillary in.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 03:28:36 AM »

the Reverend Wright issue was taken out of context, just like everything else that gets handled by the press, the internet, and Fox News. you're getting this information from the same people who told you Obama was sworn in on the Koran.

which was not true. i need to elaborate, now that i have found some evidence to back up my claim. the original article was posted by a conservative website, that tried to say Obama was at one of the man's meetings. this is what Newsmax said,

"In a posting this evening, Newsmax.com reports that its correspondent witnessed Sen. Barack Obama attending one of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's anti-white sermons on July 22 and nodding his head in agreement with the black congregation."

amazingly, here is what even Fox News was able to find out,

"Reports circulated over the weekend that Obama had attended the fiery sermon that day by the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. But a copy of Obama’s schedule viewed by FOX News as well as video of Obama speaking appear to place him in Miami that day at a convention of the National Council of La Raza.

A National Council of La Raza official recalls Obama arriving on time that day for a 1:30 p.m. event that was part of the group’s annual national convention."

the Wright anti-racial conference was in Chicago. Obama was in Miami at 1:30pm on the exact same day, July 22nd. as for Obama's relationship with Reverend Wright, you can be friends with somebody, and not agree with their bad qualities, but agree on a spiritual level. like on, say, God. i have friends who have opinions about things that i disagree with. heavy things. i am still their friend, and have a relationship with them.

okay. let me specify. there is no way Obama could be anti-white, because his GRANDPARENTS are white. a little common sense goes a long way.

Molotovna

• Jammy Dodger
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 08:39:15 AM »

Aww, dang.
Sweet!!! Ummm, I mean that fills my soul with Northern Darkness of Frostbitten Empires and stuff.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »

Robert Byrd

If he weren't so damn old, that wouldn't necessarily be as f'ed up as it seems...
At the same time, the parallel to young unknown Bush and creepy unelectible-in-his-own-right old Palpatine Cheney is a little creepy.

Byrd is generally believed to have renounced the Dark Side (so to speak) many years ago.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 12:26:46 PM »

Aww, dang.

Really though... in this world with so many problems that cause so much suffering, how can anyone let race... this illusion... be a factor in making a legitimate decision? There are so many hate fueled bastions of misery, how can it be justified? How is it not an assault on humanity to join the chorus of bigotry in a situation in which so much is at stake? When does this shit stop? How self-defeating must we be, for how long, before sanity rises from the ruins of social holocaust? How can community after community of nigger hating white trash hicks fall into the most bitter, drunken, financially depressed squalor and not have everyone realize that bigotry is the most disgusting crime a person can commit? It spawns so much negative energy. We were ready to take up arms against Iraq... of course. There are even arguments for the legitimacy of the invasion, but the spirit of the people... the spirit of the people just wanted to kill off those goddamn, towel head, sand niggers. That's what was in the fever of millions of waving flags.

Your brother hopes Obama is assassinated? I hope he takes the first shot... and misses. Maybe then that national hatred can start to channel in tte direction of someone who deserves it. You'd throw yourself off a highway overpass? I'm really reaching for a way to take that as something other than racism. I know you have declared your own bigotry in the past, and I know that subtle strains of racism abound... but now we're talking about some serious nigger lynching mentality. If that's where you're coming from, I'll google directions the route 696 and Gratiot overpass..

Molotovna

• Jammy Dodger
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2008, 01:50:24 PM »

Really though... in this world with so many problems that cause so much suffering, how can anyone let race... this illusion... be a factor in making a legitimate decision? There are so many hate fueled bastions of misery, how can it be justified? How is it not an assault on humanity to join the chorus of bigotry in a situation in which so much is at stake? When does this shit stop? How self-defeating must we be, for how long, before sanity rises from the ruins of social holocaust? How can community after community of nigger hating white trash hicks fall into the most bitter, drunken, financially depressed squalor and not have everyone realize that bigotry is the most disgusting crime a person can commit? It spawns so much negative energy. We were ready to take up arms against Iraq... of course. There are even arguments for the legitimacy of the invasion, but the spirit of the people... the spirit of the people just wanted to kill off those goddamn, towel head, sand niggers. That's what was in the fever of millions of waving flags.

Your brother hopes Obama is assassinated? I hope he takes the first shot... and misses. Maybe then that national hatred can start to channel in tte direction of someone who deserves it. You'd throw yourself off a highway overpass? I'm really reaching for a way to take that as something other than racism. I know you have declared your own bigotry in the past, and I know that subtle strains of racism abound... but now we're talking about some serious nigger lynching mentality. If that's where you're coming from, I'll google directions the route 696 and Gratiot overpass..

Please don't misunderstand, this has nothing to do with Obama's race or historical background. My political views just don't match up with his own. I find him to be much less that the savior that everyone - including himself - is making him out to be [awkward phrasing, but I think you get what I mean]. The bit about the assassination and overpass throwing was a joke and not meant to be taken seriously by any, which I should have specified, I suppose.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2008, 02:38:48 PM »

oh yeah. Freaky's brother.

the one who amazingly looks like CADDY?! (that meant he had really pale skin, hazel eyes, and breasts, right? i hate it when little boys get breasts).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All   Go Up