THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Airports  (Read 2515 times)

murmur

Airports
« on: June 06, 2008, 01:08:15 AM »

I was supposed to pick up a friend at the airport at 10:00 pm tonight its going on 1am and the flight wont be leaving until 3am and won't arrive until 4am.

I offically hate airports.

Can't they do anything about it like refunds or another plane or anything ?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
Re: Airports
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 06:11:14 AM »

I have no idea about refunds or whatever, but I'm happy to join you in your hating of airports. They freak me the hell out - them and service stations. I mean, wtf?! They're just places made up to plug the gap between real places. They don't count. It's horrible. *shudder*

Bill H

• Shadowbox Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:31:23 AM »

Not likely, they know that people have to fly and that they have us over the barrel so no need for concern on the part of the airlines....

I am sitting in an airport at the moment and every 15 seconds a recorded voice repeats "Caution- The moving walkway is ending."  This is right next to my gate where I am forced to wait.  If they are going to keep this voice on repeat they should also have a large plasma TV showing a loop of whatever moronic accident occured to neccesitate this obnoxious shit to begin with...

I was supposed to pick up a friend at the airport at 10:00 pm tonight its going on 1am and the flight wont be leaving until 3am and won't arrive until 4am.

I offically hate airports.

Can't they do anything about it like refunds or another plane or anything ?

spazgirl1981

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 09:27:19 AM »

If they are going to keep this voice on repeat they should also have a large plasma TV showing a loop of whatever moronic accident occured to neccesitate this obnoxious shit to begin with...

That would be fucking awesome. Just reels of people tripping and falling at the end of the moving walkways. I might go to the airport just to sit and watch.
~Betsy~

"Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided." ~ Mae West

doritojoe89

• wishes he wasn't a
    • my space
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 01:11:52 PM »

If they are going to keep this voice on repeat they should also have a large plasma TV showing a loop of whatever moronic accident occured to neccesitate this obnoxious shit to begin with...

That would be fucking awesome. Just reels of people tripping and falling at the end of the moving walkways. I might go to the airport just to sit and watch.

if this screen was placed anywhere near the walkway, i would trip while watching it.. therefore defeating it's purpose, but hopefully i would wind up on the next episode...
mommy, i want to be a merch girl...

DONATE TO THE BELLY BOOK FUND HERE: http://rebellyon.chipin.com/rbellyon-book-funding  ALL DONATIONS ACCEPTED. $17.00 GETS YOU A COPY OF THE BOOK!!

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 05:15:22 PM »

Dear Sister flew in today...

Her flight arrived early, but the previous plane was still at the terminal, so she actually arrived
inside right on time.

Someone left his/her SUV parked in the loading/unloading zone, and the tow truck was there, along
with a fire engine (in case the gas-guzzler exploded, I guess), but traffic flowed freely around these
obstructions.

All in all, not such a bad experience.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »

I LOVE airports. And I LOVE airplane food, except I'm scared of airplanes. They're supposed to be the safest way of travel, but in the wise words of my brother it's only safe because they have tons of planes flying around the world and the ones that crash...well some are never detected. So no one can really put that in statistics.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »

I hate BRITISH airports. Constantly striking, and the public NEVER get their money back.
But I love foreign airports.
Mpumalanga in the kruger national park has an airport which is a clay hut with a thatched roof. Dubrovnik airport looks... well, impressively soviet.
And i love airplane food. I stayed awake once on an overnight plane and the gay male FA kept bringing me chocolate ice cream.
However, I'm flying to Bangkok with emirates next week, which means a 3 hour stopover in Dubai. Which I've heard is hell- broken aircon, huge lack of seats and awful signage- I'll probably miss my connection!
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 02:42:38 AM »

I've never been to an airport.

I think that also implies that I've never flown, but just to be clear, I've also never been on a plane.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 09:53:29 AM »

I am sitting in an airport at the moment and every 15 seconds a recorded voice repeats "Caution- The moving walkway is ending."  This is right next to my gate where I am forced to wait.  If they are going to keep this voice on repeat they should also have a large plasma TV showing a loop of whatever moronic accident occured to neccesitate this obnoxious shit to begin with...

The novelty of that would wear off too. Maybe a live demonstration... like the thing the flight attendants do on the plane.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up