THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How early should I go?  (Read 5705 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: How early should I go?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 02:56:56 PM »

Yay for Fiasco!

That sounds wrong... ;D

jdfu!

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 04:59:54 PM »

That is so awesome!
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 12:49:40 AM »

So I went out tonight to see the Incredible Hulk with a different guy. I had a lot of fun with him, I wasn't nearly as nervous as I was the other day and it was definitely something I didn't feel like I had to work hard for in terms of having a conversation with him. He has a great sense of humor, which allows me to be silly too and I think he really likes me, in fact it's actually way more clear to me that he does. We've already made plans to hang out on Wednesday (the eve of my 21st birthday!) in NYC and made plans to make plans for Tuesday. I also talked to him on the phone a few times for hours at a time so I definitely see potential here! And I feel excited and much better than I did after meeting the first guy. hurray!
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 12:51:12 AM »

Sounds promising  O0
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 12:03:50 PM »

So I went out tonight to see the Incredible Hulk with a different guy. I had a lot of fun with him, I wasn't nearly as nervous as I was the other day and it was definitely something I didn't feel like I had to work hard for in terms of having a conversation with him. He has a great sense of humor, which allows me to be silly too and I think he really likes me, in fact it's actually way more clear to me that he does. We've already made plans to hang out on Wednesday (the eve of my 21st birthday!) in NYC and made plans to make plans for Tuesday. I also talked to him on the phone a few times for hours at a time so I definitely see potential here! And I feel excited and much better than I did after meeting the first guy. hurray!

At this stage, it is OK to see them both.

jdfu!

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 12:30:53 AM »

At this stage, it is OK to see them both.

jdfu!
Yes, this is true. However, I haven't talked to the first guy I went out since well, we went out. I went out again with the second one tonight and he's going to come into the city with me tomorrow to celebrate my birthday at midnight. I asked him if he wanted to be exclusive and he said "like date each other exclusive or like change statuses on facebook to boyfriend" and I told him whatever he wanted, and so we are dating exclusively now :-D I like him, he likes me, this is nice.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Shakti

• Poster girl for some suburban sickness
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »

Cool!
My own private highway from the cradle to the grave; I save a bundle skipping middle age and Saturdays.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 12:11:25 AM »

So my 21st birthday was this past July 3rd and I spent the weekend in the city. He had to work on the 3rd, but went into the city with me on the 2nd and went home the next afternoon. There were some weird moments that had to do with money but otherwise we had seemingly had a good time. The thing is though, I haven't seen him since. I hadn't talked to him in a while and I had IMed him and it felt like I was pulling teeth to have a conversation (this happened a couple times), I had asked him if anything was wrong or if he was mad at me or something and he said he wasn't - that he likes to be alone or something sometimes.

Anyway, I'm not sure what's going on - it's been weeks since I saw him last and he was pretty assertive and maybe a little aggressive before - calling me practically every day at first, talking to me on AOL for hours etc and now it seems like he's making no effort. My sister thinks I should call him and be blunt but I'm not really comfortable calling him up (I dont know, maybe it's a fear of rejection?). Any advice?
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 12:19:35 AM »

So my 21st birthday was this past July 3rd and I spent the weekend in the city. He had to work on the 3rd, but went into the city with me on the 2nd and went home the next afternoon. There were some weird moments that had to do with money but otherwise we had seemingly had a good time. The thing is though, I haven't seen him since. I hadn't talked to him in a while and I had IMed him and it felt like I was pulling teeth to have a conversation (this happened a couple times), I had asked him if anything was wrong or if he was mad at me or something and he said he wasn't - that he likes to be alone or something sometimes.

Anyway, I'm not sure what's going on - it's been weeks since I saw him last and he was pretty assertive and maybe a little aggressive before - calling me practically every day at first, talking to me on AOL for hours etc and now it seems like he's making no effort. My sister thinks I should call him and be blunt but I'm not really comfortable calling him up (I dont know, maybe it's a fear of rejection?). Any advice?
See, we told you not to put out on the first date.....  :P

Alas, I have no helpful advice.  Best of luck.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 12:20:06 AM »

Sounds like he is acting like a bit of a tool. You should call him and ask him why he is acting this way - sometimes it is better to know than to just wonder about stuff like this.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 12:23:23 AM »

Sounds like he is acting like a bit of a tool. You should call him and ask him why he is acting this way - sometimes it is better to know than to just wonder about stuff like this.
I suppose so. I thought of maybe saying something "it's been awhile since I saw you last, would you like to go [insert random date activity here like seeing a movie]" and gauging whether or not he's worth my time by what he says. The thing is, he's going on a trip in August and I'm going back to school upstate at the end of August so there's limited time.

Since we agreed to date exclusively, I haven't been talking to other guys (who are interested in me, whether or not anything can come from it - I've thought that this could actually move from just dating to an actual relationship).

I feel like I'm 14.

I appreciate your help/advice... except for you CGB, you're rude :knuppel2: ;)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 11:41:25 PM »

Let's just say he's a coward, and a jackass and I wasted my time.  :violent1:

An considerate piece of shit too, I should mention.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 12:23:10 AM »

All sarcasm aside, I'm sorry to hear it.  Knowing guys (as I am one... but it's not my fault), you probably
didn't do anything wrong...  We're just kinda...  funny sometimes.

Who was it that said you had to kiss a lot of frogs?
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 01:08:04 AM »

All sarcasm aside, I'm sorry to hear it.  Knowing guys (as I am one... but it's not my fault), you probably
didn't do anything wrong...  We're just kinda...  funny sometimes.

Who was it that said you had to kiss a lot of frogs?

Indeed.

I understand that everyone has their insecurities and their own baggage, but he was a dick tonight after I confronted him (I was not disrespectful or out of line). I just wish he would have taken the many different opportunities he had to tell me he wasn't "romantically interested" anymore after stringing me along for 3 weeks (wasting my time because I'm only home for 4 more or so weeks and then i'm back at school)... and he did some really dirtbag things (in terms of having others spend money on him) when we were in NYC. blah.

We really weren't that serious yet, only went out a handful of times... I'm just pissed he wasted my time.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up