THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Growing Up (ahh!)  (Read 8630 times)

Shakti

• Poster girl for some suburban sickness
Re: Growing Up (ahh!)
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2008, 01:22:03 PM »

Amanda went to college....
My own private highway from the cradle to the grave; I save a bundle skipping middle age and Saturdays.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2008, 08:05:58 PM »

Well, you could go to film school...  or... I assume people make films in your general area?
You could perhaps get a toe in the door by taking a shit-work job on some production?

Are you a good enough musician to make a living at it?  If not, can you get better?
Oooh!  I just saw a TV show about the Grenadier Guards oustide Buckingham Palace,
and they've got a band...
Badass red jackets too!  O0

True, look for a film or music school, it canĀ“t make the things work bad.

btw did amanda go to college?

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 08:19:13 PM »

Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2008, 08:21:51 PM »

Shakti

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 09:23:30 PM »

Alcohol, I think  ;)
My own private highway from the cradle to the grave; I save a bundle skipping middle age and Saturdays.

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 11:51:37 PM »

yep

What did she study?
She went to Wesleyan University and got a B.A., thats all I know... but Wikipedia can be wrong.
bitch please, my hate can't be contained in one thread.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 06:50:16 AM »

Mandy went to med-school. No really, she did!

And thanks for all your help. I dunno if I'm a good enough musician to make a living from it, so I think I'll put that on the backburner for a while. Most of my family is into the film industry, so getting work at a low-level shouldn't be too hard, but the further up the chain you get, the more people want a degree from you.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 12:44:54 PM »

yep

What did she study?
She went to Wesleyan University and got a B.A., thats all I know... but Wikipedia can be wrong.
I doon't think she actually graduated....  (Still a step up from Madonna, who went to her dance classes for a couple of semesters, but skipped everything else, before dropping out altogether...)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »

Now the shitty part about wanting to become an artist full time is that you barely make any money unless you're like really famous like Andrew Lloyd Webber's wife, who by the way can't sing that greatly. Or you go to some really awesome art school then you can get a job like that *snappity snap snap*. I wanted to be a professional opera singer and sing in theatres doing opera. Then I was like fuck it, I barely practise, I smoke every now and then I'll just sing opera for fun and doing something else. So I'm thinking of working the music industry. Or like behind the scene stuff for things. I was also thinking of living in these apartments that are funded my the government for starving artists. Basically if you're an artist (musician, dancer, actor, scolptor, painter etc) and you have a day job or you're a full time artist you can live in these apartments and unlike most apartments where you pay your rent every month, you pay your rent when you can in any mount you can. So I was thinking of doing that.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Shakti

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2008, 09:41:29 PM »

According to Wesleyan, Amanda is an alumna with a BA, so that rather implies that, yes, she finished and graduated. 

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 10:04:08 PM »

I think Amanda majored in theatre or similiar, because she was working for a theatre troupe after graduating.

I want to be an artist/sci-fi writer, but I'm afraid what the wages will be like. Plus, the world is full of artists...we...nevermind.

And then being a biologist probably doesn't lead to much either. Unless I can be one of the attractive scientists who ends up mentioned in Time Magazine.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

Shakti

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 10:26:35 PM »

Sadly, perhaps, our first and foremost responsibility as independent organisms is to support ourselves.  The reason I am in favor of vocational counseling/testing is that I think we all want to be artists, or marine biologists, and things like that, and we all, when we're young, tend to think any office job is tantamount to the death of the soul.  But that is such an oversimplification!  The biggest reason to avoid office jobs I hear is "I don't like office politics."  Really?  You really think the Calypso, with its close quarters and long missions, avoided politics?  I doubt it!  The thing really is to figure out what makes you tick, and makes you happy, what you like to do, and, and this part is IMPORTANT, find a way to ensure that people are going to pay you for it!

The vocational testing/counseling people tend to be really good at breaking it down in ways you never thought of.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 10:52:26 PM »

The results of my tests said i should study something art related and also told me i would be awesome as a mechanical(related) engineer.

It helped me.

Shakti

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »

Cool!

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2008, 08:21:27 AM »

Andrew Lloyd Webber's wife, who by the way can't sing that greatly.

You mean Madeleine Gurdon? I can't imagine her ever singing in public, as she's a designer/competitive equestrian... Unless you mean his ex-wife, Sarah Brightman? (Who is actually now far better than she was when they first opened Phantom... she only started getting singing after meeting ALW when she danced in Cats, so now that's she's had years of training... well. She knocked my socks off.)

((sidetrack! sorry, thread!!))
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up