THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Magnificent G8.  (Read 3825 times)

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
Re: The Magnificent G8.
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »

Can nothing be amusing as long as there is something serious and grand on the plate? People find humor in their own appearance when they are enduring chemotherapy. Such coping mechanisms are a sign of emotional health. Harper's *yawn* is in response to what appears to be a one-dimensionality that does not allow you to lighten up for long enough to see the humor in such things. You are frustrated that so many people are blind to what you see. Consider the possibility that they see what you do, but they also see that cancer patient... and nice days in the park, nights with a loved one, freedom to explore the world and pursue a better life... perspective. Multi-dimensionality.

I'm not trying to be a dick or to call you out on something. I just see Harper's point, and  its not that he's missing yours. No one is saying that there aren't big things to fix. I think you know that.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

NickNJ

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 12:01:15 AM »

Can nothing be amusing as long as there is something serious and grand on the plate? People find humor in their own appearance when they are enduring chemotherapy. Such coming mechanisms are a sign of emotional health. Harper's *yawn* is in response to what appears to be a one-dimensionality that does not allow you to lighten up for long enough to see the humor in such things. You are frustrated that so many people are blind to what you see. Consider the possibility that they see what you do, but they also see that cancer patient... and nice days in the park, nights with a loved one, freedom to explore the world and pursue a better life... perspective. Multi-dimensionality.

I'm not trying to be a dick or to call you out on something. I just see Harper's point, and  its not that he's missing yours. No one is saying that there aren't big things to fix. I think you know that.

The fact that the only time the G8 is mentioned on here is in a discussion of dinner tells me that clearly people don't take it seriously enough.  Whether harper (i guess this is his new name?) takes globalization seriously or not is irrelevant to the point i'm making.  MY point?

Sure, it's the internet, things are meant to funny, blah blah, i get it.  I know what a joke is, thank you.  I also understand not everyone feels the need to share their opinions on the internet.  However, i feel it's important to, in the 30 or so seconds i infrequently spend on here these days, at least attempt to shift the conversation in a more serious direction.  It's what i like to use public forums for when discussing political and social issues.  Call it one-dimensionality; i don't care and am not about to lose sleep over it.  It's what i like to do on the internet.  If his "thing" with this issue is self-gratifying sarcasm than he's welcome to it.  My "thing" with this issue just happens to stand in contrast with it.

Also, i'd like to point out that i'm fucking hilarious and have more dimensions to my personality than a schizophrenic crackhead.

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 08:13:47 AM »

I actually think that the menu (funny as it is in its own right) proves just how out of touch these leaders are about the world they are supposed to be making a better place. So in that respect its exactly what you despise Nick. I think everyone is in agreement about these people & the serious issues that come out of any G8 summit. The absurdity of the menu only serves to heighten this.
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

Kenny Wisdom

• Desire in a Bowl of Potatoes
  • Emmett does peace; his way.
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 05:51:17 PM »

My *yawn* was simply as a result of malnourishment.
http://www.diggers.org/overview.htm

A life played for keeps. Read it, dig it, man...

Laissez lire, et laissez danser; ces deux amusements ne feront jamais de mal au monde!!

Greg Nova wrote:
Harper tu n'es qu'un petit couillon!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up