THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Author Topic: The Random Thought thread  (Read 3036903 times)

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
Re: The Random Thought thread
« Reply #37980 on: July 02, 2014, 11:37:23 PM »

Congratulations annebelle!
 My random thought: i'll go to italy tomorrow...i can't wait. Wasn't there an italian shadowboxer girl? What happened to her?

I know who you are talking about, but I don't know what happened to her.

I dont have anything substantial to talk about, so  I will just moan about little things:

- I hate how I still cannot stop to think how much time I've wasted when I was a teenager because I had no focus. I just can't stop to curse myself for being really sloppy with my bass guitar study.

- which lead to: where the fuck is my amp? To whom have I landed it? I think I've I lost it (together with the game). No, seriously. I don't know what I did with it: no one who could have borrowed it has it right now. It is not at my father's, not with my sister either.

A friend, who had borrowed my bass guitar, offered to buy it (the bass) from me. I'm not sure if I should sell it, because I want to start studying bass again. Which leads to the 3rd complain:

- I just can't take decisions. Right now, I don't know if I sell it, or if I say 'no' and take it back. The problem is that I don't know if I will keep up with the study. And that leads to a fourth complain:

- If I decide to sell it: how much should I ask for? If I decide to sell AND to study bass, I will have to buy a new one, and musical instruments are really expensive here. A second line Fender costs the same or more than a top line Fender in the US, for instance. The same goes for any manufacturer, no matter how big or how well known the brand is, even if it is a brazilian brand like Tagima.

If you want anything with a little quality you will have to pay at least R$800,00 (more or less £200 / U$360). Add to that the amp (R$250,00 a cheap one for home use) and the luthier (R$150,00) my friend kindly paid to regulate "our" bass.

But if I'm interested in getting back to my studies, why would I sell it to my friend? But if I have to buy a new amp no matter what I do with the bass, why I still consider getting back to the studies? Why not just give the fuck up? At the other hand, will I stop to deviate on how cool it is to play Pitty You by Devo on the bass every time I listen to it?

All that together just makes me hate the fact it feels like I havnt made much progress since I've started my therapy (since mostly has to do with me not being able to take decisions and over think every single aspect), or if I did a progress, Ive retreated. I simply can't take a decision.

Take care, you all!
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #37981 on: July 03, 2014, 12:43:28 AM »

Congratulations annebelle!
 My random thought: i'll go to italy tomorrow...i can't wait. Wasn't there an italian shadowboxer girl? What happened to her?

Thanks! And, you're probably talking about Sylvia K ;) she was alive and well last time I saw her (which is actually about a year and a half ago already, wow... time flies! But according to fb she is STILL alive and well)
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #37982 on: July 03, 2014, 02:40:52 AM »

Ahh so much drama really makes me glad I left the management position I was in with that company. People need to get their stories straight before posting things on facebook. Especially since it could negatively impact her position in the company.

Also makes me glad to be starting my new job next week. Exciting times ahead! And many plans that I hope I can stick to this time haha
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #37983 on: July 07, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »

How expensive are musical instruments (such as electric bass and guitars) and equipment (an small amp from 15~40w) in general? Use the following scale:

-Cheap
- Fair enough
- Not that cheap
- Expensive
- Bloody expensive

Average quality for both, not top of top.

I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #37984 on: July 08, 2014, 11:21:14 PM »

That depends where you are; Ibanez and Fender (under their Squier bargain brand) both sell "starter packs," containing a bass or guitar, small amp, strap and strings for between $100 and $200 here in the US. No idea what that would cost in SA, though.

The Fender Squier models are surprisingly good. A friend of mine has a Squier P-bass that as good as or better than any "real" Fender bass I've ever played, and I think he paid about $140 for it. Never tried the Ibanez starter models, so I can't comment on their quality.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #37985 on: July 09, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »

The cheapest Ibanez I've found, costs more or less $321.00 (R$720,00) on a sale (R$920 its original price).

This model: 4C Passive Ibanez GATK 20 (it is from their GIO series)

Fender Squier, the cheapest, R$ 799,00.

Just the bass. No kit. Stores usually gives you a bag and a strap. No extra strings or amps. You can find amp+bass kits, but it is not very common. You will also to spend some money with a luthier to regulate your bass - don't count on the factory regulation.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #37986 on: July 11, 2014, 08:22:01 AM »

I had a $300 bass with a $500 amp once. I miss that bass so much :( it was low end price-wise, but actually pretty awesome quality. Had to sell it/everything when I went through a bit of a bad patch financially. At least the guy I sold it to seemed like he'd look after it.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #37987 on: July 11, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »

I was thinking about selling my bass to a friend, who have been using it for a couple of years now. But I decided I want to get it back and start studying/playing home again. My bass was/is a Washburn Lyon Series - it has a really good sound, better than some other Lyons I've played with.

I also had an small amp, with a good quality for its range, that some how just vanished.  :sad:

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #37988 on: July 22, 2014, 09:29:19 AM »

double post! who cares??

I'm starting to think that social networks (aka Facebook) spoils/shred your concept about people you've just met. I mean that it basically starts to not make much sense to "meet" that said person, even though she might portrait someone else on that network.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #37989 on: July 22, 2014, 07:58:57 PM »

Hmm there are people who are really clumsy facebookers...posting a lot of shit without any filter. And then there are those that post less but weird stuff...and like fan pages of politicians you hate and things like that. Definitely changes the way i think about them...

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #37990 on: July 22, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »

Hmm there are people who are really clumsy facebookers...posting a lot of shit without any filter. And then there are those that post less but weird stuff...and like fan pages of politicians you hate and things like that. Definitely changes the way i think about them...

where you've read "shared" it was supposed to be "shreds".    :uglystupid2:

anyway, I mean not only on this sense, but also on learning about that person. that is: "why are you asking me that??? you should know that! it is on my fb!". also, sometimes it just makes things more confusing about how your perceive how the other person may feel about yourself (think of: comments on that person photos, posts, inside jokes, etc).  I should stop overthinking... lol

on another note: I will have more work to be done on the same time span, and with something completely different from what I'm doing right now. awesome!

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #37991 on: July 25, 2014, 06:34:18 AM »

So I sort of gave someone my number tonight. It might not be the bravest thing because we started talking on tinder, then he gave my his snapchat, but that's not great for chatting, so I offered my number instead. But still, that's a small win.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #37992 on: July 25, 2014, 09:32:23 AM »

So I sort of gave someone my number tonight. It might not be the bravest thing because we started talking on tinder, then he gave my his snapchat, but that's not great for chatting, so I offered my number instead. But still, that's a small win.

cool! tomorrow I will probably go to the cinema with that girl I met last weekend. but I really can't say I have a date. Last time I thought it was a date, the girl showed up with my friend who happened to be banging her.

so, I'm not building expectations (bullshit! I've already did build some).

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #37993 on: July 25, 2014, 08:01:15 PM »

cool! tomorrow I will probably go to the cinema with that girl I met last weekend. but I really can't say I have a date. Last time I thought it was a date, the girl showed up with my friend who happened to be banging her.

so, I'm not building expectations (bullshit! I've already did build some).

Haha I'm trying not to get my hopes up either. But it's hard

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #37994 on: July 26, 2014, 09:03:46 AM »

^I'm getting my hopes up for the two of you ;)
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"