THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Author Topic: The Random Thought thread  (Read 3025557 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: The Random Thought thread
« Reply #38010 on: August 14, 2014, 06:42:40 PM »

:occasion14: :occasion1: :occasion13:

Faloleen

« Reply #38011 on: August 15, 2014, 06:57:39 AM »

Oh i also got me a 'date' tomorrow. With a girl i've been talking to on the internet through an online dating site. I'm kinda panicking. I mean i have nothing to lose, really,  ut what if she's actually awesome? i'm not sure this is the right time for me to meet her, since i'm still not completely over my ex. Oh god there i go again being stupid and unpatient.

How did it go?

It was kinda weird. I like her...we met for coffee and talked for three hours straight. About all the things i knew from the internet we have in common and about those we don't. It was interesting, but i felt like there was nothing more, like all my 'requirements' on paper were met but some kind of real connection was missing... it was nice talking with her but she is so...normal. nothing that made me want to know more about her than about anyone else fairly smart and kind (and gay) i might have met at a cafe. Not that i'm so special... Sorry I can't really explain it... So, maybe we'll chat again, but so far we haven't written and i don't really mind. Plus i was reminded of how similar my ex gf and i were in terms of humour and general questions we have in life which made me a little depressed. I don't really want to be reminded of her everytime i meet someone new...

I know that feeling. Well, the real connection is what matters. Have you spoken with her since?

Happy birthday, spider jerusalem!
Fate is not a factor.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #38012 on: August 15, 2014, 09:08:32 PM »

Thank you, guys!  O0
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38013 on: August 18, 2014, 08:16:24 AM »

Double post: I asked my father, on saturday, if he had deleted my rugby games from the DVR. Yes, he did. Together with all my films and concerts. To record an interview that would fit into the space left.

All those films have no DVD or blueray releases here. All concerts and matches will never be reprised again. I was considering buying a external capture card for backing up those. Now, I don't see any reason for doing it.

#fwp #fml

Seriously, though, I just miss the games because I was going to make a compilation for our players. Not everyone has access to cable TV, so they end up watching one or another game on yt, in English, which does not help them grasp all rules and metagame.
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #38014 on: August 18, 2014, 11:25:28 AM »

that's messed up.   :(

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38015 on: August 20, 2014, 11:24:01 AM »

I completely forgot what I was going to say.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #38016 on: August 21, 2014, 07:36:52 PM »

Oh i also got me a 'date' tomorrow. With a girl i've been talking to on the internet through an online dating site. I'm kinda panicking. I mean i have nothing to lose, really,  ut what if she's actually awesome? i'm not sure this is the right time for me to meet her, since i'm still not completely over my ex. Oh god there i go again being stupid and unpatient.

How did it go?

It was kinda weird. I like her...we met for coffee and talked for three hours straight. About all the things i knew from the internet we have in common and about those we don't. It was interesting, but i felt like there was nothing more, like all my 'requirements' on paper were met but some kind of real connection was missing... it was nice talking with her but she is so...normal. nothing that made me want to know more about her than about anyone else fairly smart and kind (and gay) i might have met at a cafe. Not that i'm so special... Sorry I can't really explain it... So, maybe we'll chat again, but so far we haven't written and i don't really mind. Plus i was reminded of how similar my ex gf and i were in terms of humour and general questions we have in life which made me a little depressed. I don't really want to be reminded of her everytime i meet someone new...

I know that feeling. Well, the real connection is what matters. Have you spoken with her since?

Nah, we haven't talked...to be honest i wouldn't know what to say since there is nothing i really dislike about her. I guess i learned that dating sites are not for me...

Happy belated birthday spider jerusalem!

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38017 on: August 24, 2014, 05:56:11 PM »

Long story short:
- I gave up of R.  She has a weak for bastards and showed some interested over our common friend. Also, she hasnt spoke with me since the weekend of her party.
- On the other hand, I've met A on that party. I always start our conversations and I was a week or so without saying 'hi', expecting a move from her. No "howdy" from her side. So last week I sent her a msg saying I remembered that she mentioned wanting to drink hydromel. I have a bottle here, so I invited her. She asked where and when. I suggested this weekend, here or at her place. With that question, I've found out that we live on the same street.

But she said she was too busy this weekend, meaning: she had other parties to go on Satuday. How I've found that? She said on her FB timeline she was already late.

"Friends" because we are not really friends, but there is this other lady, L, who I also met on R's party. On friday's night, I chatted a little with L, who was going to a pub here on my neighbourhood, so I decided to go there too. Hell, I need to go out and stop creating problems that blocks me on doing so, even if she wouldn't appear. 

She did, and guess who was there too? Is, A was there. She said "hi" happily and such.

No problems that A and L was there, since I wasn't going out to date L or A.   However, A was with another guy. 

And she hooked with a guy there, kissing and such. That made me a little confused about what to expect from her. I'm far from being pissed at her - just a little jealousy;

The problem, for me, is just confidence building: without knowing she was seeing another person, my confidence would be higher because I'd have nothing to compare me with.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38018 on: August 27, 2014, 04:40:52 PM »

Update:

She may/will be at my place tomorrow. I have nothing fancy to eat at home. I'm also not sure what to buy/order. I should have learnt how to make lasagna.

Update 2: she didnt make it. she had some troubles and quit at the last moment. today, talking with her, she said she is started going out with someone she met last weekend.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38019 on: September 15, 2014, 10:18:34 AM »

Triple post: someone has to keep this thread alive.  8)

That weird feeling when you read a twitter saying "white male opinions about anything doesn't matter".

Faloleen

« Reply #38020 on: September 16, 2014, 03:53:05 AM »

My husband gave me a huge headphones and now I wear them all the time. I just realised it makes me very isolated and I like it.
Fate is not a factor.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #38021 on: September 17, 2014, 06:27:28 AM »

Today will be a very long day. I've been up since 8am, had a job interview this morning, have to work this afternoon and evening and I will be home by 10:15pm. At least there will be new episodes of Finding Carter, The Mindy Project and New Girl waiting for me...
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38022 on: September 30, 2014, 09:43:29 AM »

A co-worker sat behind me is listening his music sou loudly I can almost perfectly hear the lyrics. I know he is listening to Pink, and if I pay attention I can get the chorus. But seriously now, I wonder how can him listen to music so loudly on his earphones.

On a more serious note, our employee told us they will start charging the 6% they can for our public transit voucher. However, if they never did that before and are going to start doing so, this can be considered a wage reduction, which is illegal. The 6% charge is done directly into your wage before taxes, and this is legally allowed, if done since the begin (afaik).

I want to quit this job, but if I do this, I can say goodbye to my holidays next year, which I've been planing since 2012 more or less.

Devery

• Tunnel-Visioneer
« Reply #38023 on: September 30, 2014, 02:02:27 PM »

Was it green?  I think it was green.  There might be maybe two people left on this site who remembers.
"The world is going to hell in a hand-basket, but it sure is nice up here on the hill."   A. Kujawa

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #38024 on: September 30, 2014, 02:23:27 PM »

It's probably green, if we're thinking about the same thing
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"