THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Author Topic: The Random Thought thread  (Read 3036908 times)

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
Re: The Random Thought thread
« Reply #38025 on: September 30, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »

Double post.

I got invited to a halloween party. I'm a bit confused as to why I got invited, though. It's a house party thrown by one of my colleagues. We don't know each other all that well, and it doesn't seem like all colleagues got invited, judging by the list of people I can see for the facebook event. Social events where I don't know a lot of people scare me a bit. I'm not really all that sociable. I obvs know my colleagues, so I guess I'll hang out with them. And then there will be one or two people I went to school with like 15 years ago when I was just a kid, and when I see them in the streets, they're always nice to me, so I guess I can say hi to them, too.

Also it's going to be a party full of hipsters, in the most hipstery neighbourhood of my city, I don't know how I feel about this, haha.

There's a dresscode, too. You're supposed to come as something scary. I'm kind of bad at dress up. I usually start too late with my costume and end up with something crap. Is Wednesday Addams scary enough? Last year I dressed up as her, and accessorized with a drawing model hand as Thing. I don't know if that's enough though?
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #38026 on: October 01, 2014, 03:17:16 AM »

I'l go decked in black everything, if anyone asks what I am, I'll reply in a serious deadpan "Soul Crushing Self Doubt, an adult's truest nightmare"
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #38027 on: October 03, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »

Am I the only one who have problems with people who writes, directs and stars their own work? I don't know why, but I just don't like this.
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #38028 on: October 04, 2014, 03:51:59 PM »

They have a vision ok?!

No, I kinda agree in some cases, like woody Allen Movies...
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38029 on: October 07, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »

They have a vision ok?!

No, I kinda agree in some cases, like woody Allen Movies...

hehehehhehe!

Yes, specially him!  ^-^

Buuuuuut, I have to confess that that comment was triggered when I read something about Hannah Something (the one who wrote girls) book.
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #38030 on: October 09, 2014, 01:16:54 AM »

There are lots of great writers, directors and actors....

There are a few writers who can direct, actors who can write and whatnot.....

The number of people who can write, act, and direct at the same time... at a top professional level?
Not so many.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38031 on: October 14, 2014, 09:13:52 AM »

Commuting today, sat in a bench on the back of the train. A black old lady (not that old) gets in and stops in front of me. I offered my seat and she said "no, thanks". A younger chinese lady gets in, and so does a black guy.

I get lost on my mobile, replying some messages. A few minutes later, I put my mobile on my pocket and I notice the old lady reading a CHINESE magazine, the black guy typing with one hand faster than I could type on my desktop with both hands. The chinese lady tries to move to get out of the train on the next station, but the black guy doesn't move a milliliter. When the young lady finally dodge this guy, the old lady out of the blue starts to block that young lady path, talking in chinse and pushing the magazine she was reading towards that lady.

Of course, I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I'm quite sure the chinse lady said something like "get the fucking out of my fucking path, I need to get out on the next station!".

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38032 on: October 21, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »

Double post, but no one is posting here frequently, soooooo.....

I've just figured out I really get bothered when people ask how my day was.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #38033 on: October 23, 2014, 11:53:57 PM »

Double post, but no one is posting here frequently, soooooo.....

I've just figured out I really get bothered when people ask how my day was.

I just feel compelled to answer honestly.....
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #38034 on: November 08, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »

Dark humour that might appeal to some people on here, definitely gave me a good laugh-
http://wundergroundmusic.com/father-who-caught-son-taking-ecstasy-teaches-him-lesson-by-making-him-take-them-all/
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #38035 on: November 12, 2014, 09:56:45 PM »

Dark humour that might appeal to some people on here, definitely gave me a good laugh-
http://wundergroundmusic.com/father-who-caught-son-taking-ecstasy-teaches-him-lesson-by-making-him-take-them-all/

haha. the best part is one person commenting the father is "pretty stupid"  ;D

----

omg i'm only 19 posts short of 1000. considering this lethargic state of the box lately, though, i will probably take as long as for the first 981. (not that it means anything. but numbers...)

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38036 on: November 15, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »

I was assaulted yesterday. I will post about it later.  I'm fine.

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #38037 on: November 15, 2014, 06:33:25 PM »

Sometimes, well a lot of times, I think about the 'box and all the awesome people around here. I keep being absent for loooong times, but I also keep coming back every now and then. Because I miss it. So.. Hi! :)
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #38038 on: November 16, 2014, 08:50:19 AM »

Hi Mar!  :hello2:
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

spider jerusalem

• forever a
« Reply #38039 on: November 16, 2014, 11:17:59 AM »

So... here it goes:

I was walking to my Karate class, doing the path I know, when I see a guy crossing the street. When he got close, I knew I was going to be assaulted. He wrapped his arms over my shoulder, like if he was my buddy and was hugging me. This was, of course, how he would hold me if I tried to flee (I'm 1.58m, folks).  He said he was armed and he would shot me on my back if I tried to flee. He asked for my money, which was, in fact, inside my bag. He gave up and asked for my mobile. I gave him it. When he got my mobile he asked me to run to some direction I didn't get, but I couldn't just cross the avenue, since it is a fucking high traffic avenue with two tracks (not exactly sure if this is how you say it). He, suddenly, got back and start talking really fast and completely nervous because he saw one patrol car (this kind, though). He gave back my mobile, so police wouldn't caught him with it - which means he wasn't armed. But would I guess?? After that golf car has passed by (completely camouflaged in between the car traffic), he took it back from my pocket.   

I, then, go to the near by police station, where the police officer treated me like a completely idiot after being assaulted, which is just a face of the ongoing social problems that leads to a lot of petty theft for buying drugs, specially crack.

Police officer basically told me "he was not armed! you should have fled" . For fucking sake! They spend a lot of time saying to not react and such. And since I couldn't see if the guy was really armed, I just couldn't try to scape, specially after hearing he would shot me on my back.

Also, the police officer asked why I didn't do anything when  I saw the patrol police golf car passing by on a fucking high traffic avenue.

I'm fine, I didn't panic or got too scared. But when I look back, I cannot feel uncomfortable that I didn't do nothing, that I was distracted, and if I had payed more attention, I could have done something. I know Judo, I'm fit, I can run. Or that I should have passed by UERJ campus, instead of going around [not exactly what I want to say] its wall.

Hell!! At the end, it feels like it is all my fault. And even though I know I did right for not reacting, it feels like I should.

Sometimes, well a lot of times, I think about the 'box and all the awesome people around here. I keep being absent for loooong times, but I also keep coming back every now and then. Because I miss it. So.. Hi! :)

Howdy!