THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 207   Go Down

Author Topic: What Are You Reading Now?  (Read 313957 times)

BHA/Sarah

• not asking to go dancing
    • art things
Re: What Are You Reading Now?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 10:05:14 AM »

just finished the perks of being a wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
I liked the look of it for a while and then decided to read it for myself; I enjoyed it : ]

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 10:09:15 AM »

Fell issues 7 to 9.

Re-Reading some Lovecrafts short stories. Starting reading The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents.

:happy11:
which Lovecraft stories are you reading?
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Not a frog

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 11:14:25 AM »

In the City of Shy Hunters - Tom Spanbauer

Tomorrow, I'm starting Go Ask Alice.
You know, I read Go Ask Alice a while ago.  I'm not even sure how it ended up in my hands.  While reading it, I sort of liked it, but oddly enough after I finished it I decided I didn't like it.  Was Alice real or not?

Alice was not real.  Go Ask Alice was anti-drug propaganda, and the woman sometimes credited with authoring it was a psychologist (and, according to Wikipedia, a Mormon youth counselor) who also wrote other cautionary tales purporting to be diaries.

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 11:18:11 AM »

and liz, i'm in love with the whole sedaris family.  so good.  have you seen "strangers with candy"?

I LOVE that show. I just got into it semi-recently and fell in  love.  madly in love..and wish there was more. I very much want to be friends with Amy.  I met her a few years ago and bought a cupcake from her.

When I have more money I want to buy her book "I like you: hospitality under the influence'
drawsomethingawful.com
twitter.com/LizGrammaticas

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

This thread reminds me - I have to go by Borders and pick up a copy of Only Revolutions that I ordered.

plur

Wires+Waves

• Myspaaaaaaace.
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 11:42:23 AM »

(Rereading) Kurt Vonnegut- A Man Without a Country
For the sweet lovin'
(I be the semi-lurker formerly known as Inhale_Exhale)

such a classic girl

• ain't got time to make no apology
    • MySpace
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 11:45:17 AM »

Me Talk Pretty One Day-David Sedaris

I've finally joined the David Sedaris bandwagon. I just finished Naked and got hooked.

isn't he great? i think me talk pretty one day is my favourite.
i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 11:49:27 AM »

Me Talk Pretty One Day-David Sedaris

I've finally joined the David Sedaris bandwagon. I just finished Naked and got hooked.

isn't he great? i think me talk pretty one day is my favourite.

he IS. I also have a greek father and had  a non-greek mother..so I especially love reading about the similar family set up.
drawsomethingawful.com

half jack

• psycho johnny
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 12:23:28 PM »

The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran

The Sandman: Endless Nights - Neil Gaiman
Your ancestors, when hollowed out by hungers
Climbed over oceans to get here
They figured you might need to know someday
That nothing changes but the rules of man against God - Billy Corgan

wannabe_dolly

• Pretty Pretty Princess!!!
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 12:38:23 PM »

the cape cod times
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

badheartedgirl

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 01:37:31 PM »

i'm reading the harry potter books, but completely out of order...last week i read 6, then 5...saturday i read 1...yesterday and today i read 4...it's funny, the foreshadowing (i think that's the word) that's there...you read about something in 6, and go back to 5, only to find the thing from 6 unexplained...does that make any sense? i think i need a nap

what made you decide to do that?
i really enjoyed potter when i picked it up back in...2000...jesus...but i pittered out after book 4. i always said i'd read 5 before the movie came out...and now it is...and i haven't...and, well, shit, i don't like to see films without reading first so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
book 3 was my favorite out of what i did read, so lemme know what you think of that one when you read it...whenever that happens. :-P

well...i was reading them from my little brothers stash of the books, and i couldnt find 5, and i wanted to re-read the last couple before the 7th came out, just to refresh...then i got bored at work, so i just started randomly grabbing them, haha...you should def read 5 before the movie...it's good, but..harry's kind of a whiny bitch in it...still a good book...can't wait for saturday and the last, yay!

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »

and liz, i'm in love with the whole sedaris family.  so good.  have you seen "strangers with candy"?

I LOVE that show. I just got into it semi-recently and fell in  love.  madly in love..and wish there was more. I very much want to be friends with Amy.  I met her a few years ago and bought a cupcake from her.

When I have more money I want to buy her book "I like you: hospitality under the influence'

strangers with candy is so much fun.  i picked up a used copy of the first season, and unfortunately that's all i've seen.  when i have a disposable income, i plan to pick that up, and her book too.  she was in boston promoting it when it came out a little while ago, but i missed it.  i did pass the bookstore on the bus though, and saw her inside.  not the same, but still fun.   i got to tell my coworkers, "i saw amy sedaris on the way here today...sort of."  and they didn't care because they didn't know who she was.  ah well. 

I have the whole series...so if you're ever in Providence we can have a strangers marathon.
drawsomethingawful.com

nikki

• is sleeping with your girlfriend
  • antichrist television blues
    • myspace
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2007, 03:25:51 PM »

strangers with candy is so much fun.  i picked up a used copy of the first season, and unfortunately that's all i've seen.  when i have a disposable income, i plan to pick that up, and her book too.  she was in boston promoting it when it came out a little while ago, but i missed it.  i did pass the bookstore on the bus though, and saw her inside.  not the same, but still fun.   i got to tell my coworkers, "i saw amy sedaris on the way here today...sort of."  and they didn't care because they didn't know who she was.  ah well. 

I have the whole series...so if you're ever in Providence we can have a strangers marathon.

"i like you" is a FANTASTIC book..as is everything else that woman does. hey, ive got the whole "strangers" series too! did you catch the movie?
"I'm sick of just liking people, I wish to god that i could meet somebody i could respect." -J.D. Salinger

ThirtyWhacks

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »

Running With Scissors right now. And a whole lot of manga. I'm a nerd, okay?

It's nice.

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2007, 03:40:22 PM »

"i like you" is a FANTASTIC book..as is everything else that woman does. hey, ive got the whole "strangers" series too! did you catch the movie?

I did indeed. I actually saw the movie and then saw the series.
drawsomethingawful.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 207   Go Up