THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: L.A. EARTHQUAKE  (Read 3572 times)

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
Re: L.A. EARTHQUAKE
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 09:02:24 PM »

I'm heading out to LA in april and I wanna see either a forest fire, an earthquake or Arnie giving me a personal apology for his misleading ad on the TV. "Everything I want and more". I want my first earthquake!

Sorry, I know that sounds inconsiderate, but the majority of news that comes over here from LA is films, earthquakes and fires. SO that's my image of southern CA.

You forgot to add the Gobernator  :coolsmiley:
Arnie short for Arnold.
bitch please, my hate can't be contained in one thread.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 01:10:05 AM »

5.8 = meh.

It's funny, I always hear folks (not from CA) tell me that I'm crazy for not being concerned about earthquakes. When were they're from gets hit with tornados, hurricanes, blizzards, etc.

Its the fires that are scary. Yosemite is burning.  :-\

You are crazy, 5.8 should be hard and alarming right? hope everyone is ok.

LA doesn't have lots of sediment under it (unlike, say Mexico City, wnich is why the mid-'80s quake was so devastating), so it doesn't get the bowl-of-Jello effect. 5.8 isn't quite as bad there as it would be in the Bay Area.

My youngest nephew's out there, spending the summer with his dad. He told his mom (my lil' sis) that he didn't even feel it.

jdfu!

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 05:47:10 AM »

i felt it.  it was fun.  it was kind of like a cool, kids rollercoaster ride.  woosh!

wooooooosh!  i can't wait for the big'un!

ddabrockhard

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 12:04:39 AM »

i have a funny story about that earthquake.
my friend and i were sleeping in my room upstairs so we could definitely feel the earthquake, but we were just laying there because, well we didnt think it was a big deal, and all of a sudden we heard my mother screaming as loud as she possibly could "EARTHQUAKE EARTHQUAKE EARTHQUAKE!" then she stuck her head in my room and calmly said "earthquake" it was sooo funny. i think it may have been one of those things where you had to be there, but wow it was hilarious. and then she made us come out of my room to sit with her. i dont know why. haha
thats my story =]

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 12:59:20 AM »

i have a funny story about that earthquake.
my friend and i were sleeping in my room upstairs so we could definitely feel the earthquake, but we were just laying there because, well we didnt think it was a big deal, and all of a sudden we heard my mother screaming as loud as she possibly could "EARTHQUAKE EARTHQUAKE EARTHQUAKE!" then she stuck her head in my room and calmly said "earthquake" it was sooo funny. i think it may have been one of those things where you had to be there, but wow it was hilarious. and then she made us come out of my room to sit with her. i dont know why. haha
thats my story =]
My (sorta-) funny earthquake story:
I live in central Virginia...  Earthquakes happen not so much here.  About 5 years ago, we had one...  I think the
news guy said it was about 3.2 on the richter scale, a rumbling noise, and one guy on the evening news had some
cracks in his brick wall...  I was at work when it happened, and most of us just stood around wondering whose
truck was making that noise, before we eventually figured out what we thought it might be....

...but up in the library (I was working at the Historical Society), we had a girl who had moved to VA from CA only
a couple months before.  When it started, she knew exactly what it was, and she set down her work and went to
stand in a doorway, which I am told is "proper procedure" in these situations.  Of course, everyone else up there
was clueless, so they just stared at here, thinking "wtf is she doing?", and she just looked at all of them thinking
"hey, there's an earthquake, aren't you going to take proper protective measures?"....    :sign5:

Like I said, sorta-funny...
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

ddabrockhard

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA how embarrassing!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up