THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The past, present, and future of The Shadowbox…  (Read 18231 times)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
Re: The past, present, and future of The Shadowbox…
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 01:39:03 AM »

Thank you all SO much, you gorgeous creatures!! I fucking love the Box :D Life without it has been embarrassingly boring... xD

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 11:35:24 AM »

Hello 'Box.  :wave:

I cuddle-mug you to the floor of the internet.

*drive-by humping*

Xanthrax

• Love in an Age of Complete Indifference
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 12:04:06 PM »

Thank you so much! I've pretty much always been a lurker here and not a poster but I'm super looking forward to being a bit more active.

Sean and Hayley, you guys rock.
Swimming in stockings.

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 02:47:38 PM »

(btw, is there a way to switch off the information on which thread i'm currently reading? that creeps me out a bit haha. i don't mind the gereal 'online' display, though...)

I was curious as to how people would feel about that. I happened to like it so I had it enabled, but you're the first person to mention it and so now I made it so that it just shows numbers, not actual usernames. Wish it could be tailored on a profile by profile basis, but I'm fine with waiting to see if that can be done for the vBulletin version.

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
    • Twitter
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »

Has anyone stumbled across anything weird/glitchy thus far that maybe should be addressed?

not a glitch and not even bothersome but i see the template for "news" twice on the main page

That was intentional. One of them is "random" and doesn't change except on reload (and also appears on all pages), the other will fade between entries and is only at the main hub. I like the fader since it cycles through stuff if someone wants to watch it for a bit, but I like the other one since it's at the top of every page and there's a chance someone will see something new they missed if they just hop straight to a certain sub-board/thread. Does it annoy anyone having both?

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 11:28:26 PM »

doesn't annoy me...
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 02:24:00 AM »

Has anyone stumbled across anything weird/glitchy thus far that maybe should be addressed?

not a glitch and not even bothersome but i see the template for "news" twice on the main page

That was intentional. One of them is "random" and doesn't change except on reload (and also appears on all pages), the other will fade between entries and is only at the main hub. I like the fader since it cycles through stuff if someone wants to watch it for a bit, but I like the other one since it's at the top of every page and there's a chance someone will see something new they missed if they just hop straight to a certain sub-board/thread. Does it annoy anyone having both?
it didn't annoy me in the first place either, i was just mentioning it. everything seem to be working fine  O0

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:21 AM »

Is it possible to make it easier to add photos to posts? I know how to do it, it just requires the step of uploading images to a place where it can have an extension that the Box will accept. If we could upload photos as attachments, or have some sort of photo file space that the forum could link to or use Tumblr somehow it would enhance the Box experience. Not that I want to turn this into Tumblr. I'm a very texty girl.  :coolsmiley:
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »

^That'd be so good! Photobucket for some reason wouldn't work the other day so I had to make an imageshack account, but I had a glance through my photobucket album and literally every single picture was one I'd put on the Box. It's the only reason I used the site at all. If you could do it on the Box it'd be way easier. Also, wouldn't that mean that it'd still only be Boxers who could see it? Like, imageshack and photobucket are both public, though you can set it to private, but the images are still out there in the world. I don't know, it doesn't matter too much to me, but it'd feel more secure somehow if it was a Box thing.

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 01:15:50 PM »

Is it possible to make it easier to add photos to posts? I know how to do it, it just requires the step of uploading images to a place where it can have an extension that the Box will accept. If we could upload photos as attachments, or have some sort of photo file space that the forum could link to or use Tumblr somehow it would enhance the Box experience. Not that I want to turn this into Tumblr. I'm a very texty girl.  :coolsmiley:

I'd been debating it, and have some mixed feelings; Someone's gotta pay the bandwidth for these things. I know I try and always use TinyPic in situations like this……but lemme look into it some more than I already was.

P.S. ↓↙↓↙↓↙↓↙↓↙↓↙↓↙↓ ^-^

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »

Ah well we're obviously managing just fine the way it is :) It'd be cool, but it's not like a pressing need or anything, and if it's not possible or viable or whatever then I'm sure we'll cope xD

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

wherever attachments are used, i feel it makes the page look more complicating, and since i sometimes scroll fast through a topic, i tend to miss many of the attachments, whereas full images cannot be missed. threads with many pictures will take a lot of time to view, and i think i won't bother opening most of them after a while. just my humble opinion though. maybe we should make a poll about it.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 03:14:46 PM »

I just posted it on the Shit That Made Your Day thread, anyway i want to repeat it here: It's so good to be back in the good old Box! I've missed to be here.

Honestly, i didn't like the previous design, so it made me soooooo glad to find the Box the way it used to be.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 03:31:13 PM »

Ah well we're obviously managing just fine the way it is :) It'd be cool, but it's not like a pressing need or anything, and if it's not possible or viable or whatever then I'm sure we'll cope xD

Yes, it's a "nice to have" and we will all shine on. The challenge of posting photos probably keeps most threads from filling up with giant images. I do dislike when a page of comments is really just 4 photos and would want to restrict the up-loadable image size.

Thanks for looking into it, Sean!
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

Miss Sahara

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »

(btw, is there a way to switch off the information on which thread i'm currently reading? that creeps me out a bit haha. i don't mind the gereal 'online' display, though...)

I was curious as to how people would feel about that. I happened to like it so I had it enabled, but you're the first person to mention it and so now I made it so that it just shows numbers, not actual usernames. Wish it could be tailored on a profile by profile basis, but I'm fine with waiting to see if that can be done for the vBulletin version.

fantastic, thank you very much! (i can only speak for myself... so if the next board could handle that on profile by profile basis, that would be even fantastic-er)

hmmmm when I click to write a reply I always get the disclaimer

Warning: Topic is currently/will be locked!
Only admins and moderators can reply.

but obviously the actual posting is not affected....
maybe it's because i'm on my phone?

EDIT: okay, I checked! only get the message when posting from my phone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up