THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The past, present, and future of The Shadowbox…  (Read 18261 times)

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
Re: The past, present, and future of The Shadowbox…
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2012, 09:34:48 AM »

Is there some thought that the GTO will have its own forum?
that would be really impractical i think!
I agree but I do wonder about the plan for folding this all in together especially if we BEAT BIEBER on Billboard. Can you imagine this forum if (when) "Do It with a Rock Star" was a big hit? I'm interested in how it will scale. It's great to see so many newbies from the Kickstarter!
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »

I agree but I do wonder about the plan for folding this all in together especially if we BEAT BIEBER on Billboard. Can you imagine this forum if (when) "Do It with a Rock Star" was a big hit? I'm interested in how it will scale. It's great to see so many newbies from the Kickstarter!
i'm intrigued too. i want Amanda to have all the success that she deserves, but i hope she can cope with all the extra work that will be required to take care of us in a similar way as she's been doing all these years

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2012, 10:42:15 PM »

i'm intrigued too. i want Amanda to have all the success that she deserves, but i hope she can cope with all the extra work that will be required to take care of us in a similar way as she's been doing all these years

she has already mentioned this as a concern. it's very valid. i don't think the signings will continue and maybe not even ninja gigs... but that said, i think her fan base is going to grow A LOT but she'll never appeal to the mainstream because she is too risky and "out there". they might like her music but they won't understand everything else that she stands for. there are seriously people on this planet who are shallow enough that they don't like her purely for the fact she has armpit hair.
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2012, 12:09:29 PM »

were any posts lost during today's downtime? i distinctly remember i posted amanda's tweet about the Billboard success on the charts thread but it's not there anymore!

EDIT
i noticed a few more posts of mine missing. also the same thing happened with the stats of the app. weird!

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2012, 12:30:21 PM »

were any posts lost during today's downtime? i distinctly remember i posted amanda's tweet about the Billboard success on the charts thread but it's not there anymore!

EDIT
i noticed a few more posts of mine missing. also the same thing happened with the stats of the app. weird!
Yep, I lost a post on the What has AFP inspired you to do thread. It was a nice one too...
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2012, 12:34:43 PM »

EDIT
Yep, I lost a post on the What has AFP inspired you to do thread. It was a nice one too...

oh no!i'd read that and i remember thinking that it was very well put together

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »

I signed into Gaga's Little Monsters forum/site and I have to say it's quite impressive. Very heavily image-focused, kind of like a tumblr but really well done and worth checking out as a fan interaction tool. Fans have their own mini-sites inside the domain and cross post photos and use tags... Anyway, while the Box probably wouldn't want to go that way, one feature I really enjoy is the weekly newsletter. It highlights outstanding contributions to the board/community, features certain fans and calls out events. Again, not something we have the bandwidth to do, but every time I get one I think Damn, this is cool.

Punkrokgirl73

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »

Brillant!  I say Simply Brilliant!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up