THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good God NYC Housing  (Read 1556 times)

Mande

Good God NYC Housing
« on: May 16, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »

Truth be told, I am in such a crazy rut. My biggest fear in life is rotting, and here I am. Doing it.

I left my boyfriend a few months ago and moved back to Brooklyn - and now my roommate needs me out by the end of the month and I have absolutely nowhere to stay. I left my ex with nothing to my name to come home and now I'm like, well shit. My friends all have roommates and can't take me in, and I'm still toiling at a part time job so I can do this culinary internship and do what I want to do in life. I only have *one month* left to go - if my roommate hadn't had to leave this wouldn't even be an issue.

So finding a place to crash here is a freaking nightmare. I'm never home, so paying $700+ in rent is ridiculous. I want to live somewhere where I'm not terrified getting home at the weird hours I do (12-1:30am) and I just need to lay my flipping head down somewhere.

I'm seriously on the verge of a breakdown over this. So I came here to whine after lurking on another 'ghost' account for a while.
If anyone read this, you get +10 internets.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
Re: Good God NYC Housing
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »

Ah yeah, + 10 internets.

I can't really help you with any of this stuff, seeing that I live pretty much on the other side of the world. But you sound like you can use a hug. So think of this comment as a virtual internet hug.
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Mande

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 06:31:35 PM »

Hugs are always loved. Thanks :)

nikkiana

• Authentic Experience
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 12:22:41 AM »

Been there, done that and it sucks.  I'm convinced that being bumped out of your space by a roommate and having nowhere to go is some sort of sadistic right of passage that most of us who live here have gone through at some point.  My only practical advice is to try and find a sublet to hold you over for a month or two, but I'm sure you know that. Best of luck! You will get through this!
nikkiana

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 10:34:54 PM »

Sorry I can't offer any real help, but thanks for the +10 internets.

Best of luck.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?
Pages: [1]   Go Up