THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THEATRE IS EVIL: Where to get it!!!  (Read 18317 times)

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
Re: THEATRE IS EVIL: Where to get it!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 12:40:09 PM »

Is there a way to order items from another country's itunes if I am in the US? I want to buy the 'Denial Thing' when the album comes out but that is apparently only available in NZ and it says my apple id is only valid in the US when I try to make a purchase? WTF ROAR I've wanted this goddamn song for what seems like eons.
At the moment, no. But "Denial Thing" is also available on the Oz version of the CD (so you could by the signed copy from JB Hi-Fi). I think it's awesome that you want to get that track "officially" - there's a few B-sides and extra songs that will be trickling out in different places. so, let's just say, hang tight on more info on how, where and when to get bonus, extra tracks ;)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

A Needle Pulling Veins

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 01:04:24 PM »

Is there a way to order items from another country's itunes if I am in the US? I want to buy the 'Denial Thing' when the album comes out but that is apparently only available in NZ and it says my apple id is only valid in the US when I try to make a purchase? WTF ROAR I've wanted this goddamn song for what seems like eons.
At the moment, no. But "Denial Thing" is also available on the Oz version of the CD (so you could by the signed copy from JB Hi-Fi). I think it's awesome that you want to get that track "officially" - there's a few B-sides and extra songs that will be trickling out in different places. so, let's just say, hang tight on more info on how, where and when to get bonus, extra tracks ;)

haha it's not so much that I want it "officially'', I just want to pay for the artist and band for their efforts and for their creation. I'm an artist too, and the need to make a little something for your work is just as relevant & important as the need to share it with people. I already bought the album again on itunes despite being a backer on kickstarter solely for the living room track, so I'll just cross my fingers that denial thing appears elsewhere.

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »

I'm sure there's a logistical reason for this or something, but out of curiosity, how come there's no Bandcamp preorder for the digital album? That is definitely my preferred way to buy music digitally.

edit: lolol I probably should have checked the first link!

another queston, though: is the darker album art intentional, or is it something iTunes did? I thought the AU bonus track version had it when I first looked, but it doesn't now, but the Greek one does.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Merk

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 01:47:38 PM »

why does it come out earlier in Australia?

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »

maybe it has to do with the chart system there.perhaps their releases count from Friday to Thursday

Félix Marqués

• ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 05:35:08 PM »

haha it's not so much that I want it "officially'', I just want to pay for the artist and band for their efforts and for their creation. I'm an artist too, and the need to make a little something for your work is just as relevant & important as the need to share it with people. I already bought the album again on itunes despite being a backer on kickstarter solely for the living room track, so I'll just cross my fingers that denial thing appears elsewhere.

But, if you got the Kickstarter 5$ deluxe download, supposedly it should include absolutely everything, including TLR and DT. I believe that was confirmed by Sean, in fact, when I asked in the NEW ALBUM topic.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 05:46:42 PM »

'tis the nature of the way CDs are released, they come out in different days of the week depending on the region. ie: in the US it's ALWAYS a Tuesday.

Yes, this. mad love from afp & the team. :)

another queston, though: is the darker album art intentional, or is it something iTunes did? I thought the AU bonus track version had it when I first looked, but it doesn't now, but the Greek one does.
as far as I am aware, there was some issue with some sites pulling the incorrect art work - i'm not too keen on graphic design stuffs, but there's a difference the way something looks hi-res on a computer screen versus how the colors need to be balanced for it to print hi-res for posters and paper material. I think some of the online shops accidentally used the wrong photo, as far as I am aware, there isn't any differences but I will update you if I hear otherwise.

Also, as a tip - make sure you check Amanda's website on US CD release day. So says, a little bird. ;)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

A Needle Pulling Veins

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 08:10:37 PM »

But, if you got the Kickstarter 5$ deluxe download, supposedly it should include absolutely everything, including TLR and DT. I believe that was confirmed by Sean, in fact, when I asked in the NEW ALBUM topic.

OH HELL YES

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 07:01:15 AM »

itunes greece has September 9th as the release day!!!hopefully i will be able to get it by midnight saturday night

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »

Updated thread with indie record store finder
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 11:05:39 PM »

Physical CD release, in stores, for Germany and France are as follows:

Germany – September 14th
France - September 24th
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 11:16:38 PM »

because australia is awesome that's why.  :buck2:

also...

The ARIA charts are calculated once a week on Sunday.  They are based on retail recorded music sales within Australia for the week from the preceding Saturday to the Friday prior to calculation.  The new charts are usually uploaded to the website on Sunday night Eastern Australian time.
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

d514

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »

Physical CD release, in stores, for Germany and France are as follows:

Germany – September 14th
France - September 24th

amazon.de (Germany) says September 7th for the standard CD.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 03:39:52 PM »

CD is out now in Australia. Updated the first post with link to iTunes Australia and a list of shops that are carrying the CD and vinyl record.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 06:53:48 PM »

Marbecks in New Zealand will be stocking the CD. However, the guy I talked to at the shop said that their copies had been delayed a day or two.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up