THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THEATRE IS EVIL: Where to get it!!!  (Read 18341 times)

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
Re: THEATRE IS EVIL: Where to get it!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 11:52:54 PM »

Marbecks in New Zealand will be stocking the CD. However, the guy I talked to at the shop said that their copies had been delayed a day or two.
thanks for the tip!
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 07:25:00 AM »

in the uk, just went into an hmv store and it's being sold in there!

lucy

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 07:33:41 AM »

For the Dutchies: www.bol.com (Dutch Amazon like website) is selling the CD at http://www.bol.com/nl/p/theatre-is-evil-deluxe/1000004012415209/ for €16,99 plus shipping. As far as I know they also ship to Belgium.

God knows why, but it's listed under Amanda & The Gran Palmer. Lovely band name :P

Edit: It's also on sale at the Free Record Shop: http://www.freerecordshop.nl/muziek/theatre-is-evil-amanda-palmer-the-gran-0711297497199
I don't know if they sell it in store as well, but you can buy it online for €15,50. They list is as Amanda Palmer & The Gran. That sounds even weirder.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »

^i wonder why it's listed as "deluxe". is it because it's digipack?

lucy

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 07:53:21 AM »

I'm not sure, it doesn't have any tracklisting information, it just says it's 1 disc. There is a non deluxe version as well, but it doesn't have the album art on the page and it's the exact same price (no tracklisting info either). http://www.bol.com/nl/p/theatre-is-evil/1000004012415207/ The only difference seems to be the release date, the non deluxe says it's 6 September, the deluxe is 10 September.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 07:54:55 AM »

that's weird.could it be that they somehow got the kickstarter version in their hands?

lucy

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 08:00:04 AM »

I doubt it. I think the deluxe version is the one with a bonus track (The Living Room?) and the non deluxe one is probably the same as the one sold at the Free Record Shop. That one doesn't have any bonus tracks according to the tracklist on the website.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 08:17:27 AM »

I doubt it. I think the deluxe version is the one with a bonus track (The Living Room?) and the non deluxe one is probably the same as the one sold at the Free Record Shop. That one doesn't have any bonus tracks according to the tracklist on the website.
i didn't think there would be a version without a bonus track, i just thought that it might be included as a hidden track, instead of listed in the credits as bonus. the digital booklet includes a painting from The Living Room. I'm wondering whether the Australian has one of The Denial Thing instead. i haven't received either one though yet so i don't know for sure. we'll just have to wait and see

lucy

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 08:26:40 AM »

Neither did I but I wouldn't know what else it could be. Then again, they even got the band name wrong so for all we know the 'deluxe' is nothing different from other versions. I won't be ordering it though as I can't afford spending any more money on this (I backed the kickstarter), but I'm guessing we'll find out soon enough what kind of different versions there are.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »

Updated thread: In the US Best Buy stores are running a promotion for $2 off during release week.

I will look into the album name being incorrect, thanks for posting it here.
I'm not sure what the difference is with the Deluxe editions, but Kickstarter edition is for Kickstarter backers ONLY, it will not be sold anywhere else.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Ryan James

• FaceBook
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »

Any news when the iTunes download in the US will be available? Midnight? I had donated to the Kickstarter but currently don't have access to a computer, as my old one was stolen recently. So I figured I'd just buy it on iTunes from my phone.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 12:23:27 AM »

Any news when the iTunes download in the US will be available? Midnight? I had donated to the Kickstarter but currently don't have access to a computer, as my old one was stolen recently. So I figured I'd just buy it on iTunes from my phone.
iTunes should work as it typically does for any release. I'm not too familiar with buying pre-orders on it myself, but the album is now available in the US so you should be getting your iTunes downloads ASAP
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Ryan James

• FaceBook
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 01:29:11 AM »

iTunes should work as it typically does for any release. I'm not too familiar with buying pre-orders on it myself, but the album is now available in the US so you should be getting your iTunes downloads ASAP
Download started as soon as I read this post, thanks!

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 05:55:34 PM »

Update on the difference between regular and deluxe versions of the CD:
I believe "Deluxe version" may include B-sides that the regular version does not have, as that was the difference between the downloads.

UPDATE: you can download "Theatre Is Evil" directly from Amanda's website as a pay-what-you-want download. This includes the deluxe download, with b-sides and covers (for a minimum of $1 to take care of the costs of the cover songs) or the regular album version (for a minimum of FREE)

http://www.amandapalmer.net/shop/pay-what-you-want/
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Reptile

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »

I went into HMV the other day to get a copy for my Mum (because I am #1 daughter) and couldn't find it. Today I realised I was looking under 'A' not 'P', d'oh. Oh well. CD successfully acquired.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up