THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: On Feeling Ugly....  (Read 6440 times)

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
Re: On Feeling Ugly....
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 11:21:59 PM »

Attractiveness is very subjective! Being "movie star" attractive is very physically and emotionally tiring because there's a ton pressure to STAY that way. If a person whom you think is perfect-looking doesn't have a lot of insecurities of their own, they're probably kind of a sociopath and mayyyybe should be avoided anyway. You probably look a lot more healthy than those Barbies and Ken dolls. It's definitely easier said than done, but if someone isn't satisfied with your company because you don't look like Brad Pitt or Keanu Reeves, it's not worth talking to them.
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »

I feel like a cheese ball for saying this, but it's GREAT to be different. Looks mean pepper jack shit in the long run.

You feel like a cheese ball?

Miss Sahara

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 07:19:46 PM »

concerning the attractiveness being all subjective thing:

to be fair, we do get used to images we see around us and people around us that imitate them and each other, so even if we don't like the standards that are being set it is hard to diverge from them and not feel a little strange...
(i went swimming last week with hairy legs for the first time, and even though i believe i have every right to do that and find hairy legs pretty in other women if i see them, it was a bit hard being exposed...)
that being said, from what i've seen, beautiful people (in a beauty standard way) doesn't equal happy people.

also, i just saw this:

http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/chubby-taiwanese-teen-competes-in-body-building-competition.html

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 07:24:20 PM »

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »

also, i just saw this:

http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/chubby-taiwanese-teen-competes-in-body-building-competition.html
that's what they call "fat flabby"?! no wonder...

In body building terms I can see their point. I don't think he's fat but to be a successful body builder you have to put a wee bit of effort in.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Miss Sahara

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 07:35:24 PM »

also, i just saw this:

In body building terms I can see their point. I don't think he's fat but to be a successful body builder you have to put a wee bit of effort in.

also, on average, people there are much smaller and thinner than in europe, so to them it probably doesn't look as crazy calling him fat as it looks to us...

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »

also, i just saw this:

those kids are scary, all body builders scare me actually. i feel like they're always just about to explode

Paul

• ...has his baleful eye on you
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your great responses....

I must admit that part of the reason why I felt intimidated by the beautiful, wealthy people of Bondi is that I know very few people here (having only recently moved) and all I have to go on is first impressions of the place. However I have made steps to try and sort out my self esteem, an ongoing effort but with some improvement.
The Baleful Eye has spoken..................

SpookyTwigg

• Slave to the
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 03:24:14 AM »

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your great responses....

I must admit that part of the reason why I felt intimidated by the beautiful, wealthy people of Bondi is that I know very few peop

le here (having only recently moved) and all I have to go on is first impressions of the place. However I have made steps to try and sort out my self esteem, an ongoing effort but with some improvement.
Well very good luck to you. I hope you meet some people there and it makes it a little less daunting.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »

Sometimes I feel fabulous, other times I feel ugly. It's mainly my struggle with my body image. Years of being chubby and having a fat family tell me how ugly fat is. Well.... even after the 60 pounds were lost, I still feel uber ugly. Ironically, I love chubby guys.

But I've seen a picture of you before, Paul. I think you're sexy.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »

Paul is a good looking man.

There...I said it.

TheNonchalantRage

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »

I have a dissonance from my body, so I'm not too concerned about how it looks(The exception being that I make sure I don't gain weight.) . Aesthetically pleasing is always nice, but I'm not lusting after being beautiful.

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »

Sometimes I feel fabulous, other times I feel ugly. It's mainly my struggle with my body image. Years of being chubby and having a fat family tell me how ugly fat is. Well.... even after the 60 pounds were lost, I still feel uber ugly. Ironically, I love chubby guys.

But I've seen a picture of you before, Paul. I think you're sexy.

Ha what about being too skinny? I've always been skinny and I can't help it. Especially girls can make very harsh comments about me, treating me like a girl (not being strong enough to do man-stuff).

I haven't had problems with my body but I am insecure about myself when it comes to the opposite sex. I've had a serious relationship in the past and I actually found it hard to believe she really liked me because she was so beautiful.

Also, I know I will be bald when I reach my 30's. That to me is the hardest part. My hair is the only thing I really like having. I would trade in a lot of stuff (I might even consider a hair transplant) to change this fact.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up