THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hints for the upcoming tour (+photo)  (Read 2768 times)

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
Hints for the upcoming tour (+photo)
« on: September 02, 2012, 07:36:01 AM »

there is an interesting article on the Chronogram Magazine that hints some details on the upcoming tour. Combined with a video posted earlier by Sarah Lasley (Amanda's tour photographer and more) on twitter, #7imageupload, and Amanda's instructions for the shows, this seems like a must-not-miss tour. Also at the end it says something about an upcoming musical for the fall 2013. as if we didn't already know, there is a very interesting year ahead of us..

UPDATE
@slazzle : "first @amandapalmer rehearsal w Bard students. horns and strings and rock, oh my!! this shit sounds AMAZING!!!!! "

IrritableBaker

Re: Hints for the upcoming tour
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 01:02:07 PM »

I'll be at the Webster hall show, same day as the US album release:)

I saw an email a few months ago that talked about this stuff, so it's exciting to see that it's actually going to happen!

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
Re: Hints for the upcoming tour
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »

I'll be at the Webster hall show, same day as the US album release:)

I saw an email a few months ago that talked about this stuff, so it's exciting to see that it's actually going to happen!
this is a special day so the show will also be special, lucky you! i'm going to the Vienna concert which is the last european date so maybe we're in for a special show too. no matter what though every date will be amazing!

Félix Marqués

• ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Re: Hints for the upcoming tour (+photo)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 05:50:51 PM »

Is it just me or the white-ish aesthetics are very much like the video for “The Killing Type”?

Amanda and the GTO's colorful costumes will probably look extra bright in that environment.

Also, guys, remember when back with the Dolls she said she'd love to incorporate video and stuff, but she couldn't because that required a larger crew and too much money? Looks like she's living out her dream now!

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »

Is it just me or the white-ish aesthetics are very much like the video for “The Killing Type”?
my thought exactly. i wonder if she will incorporate the blood too.

IrritableBaker

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 08:40:22 PM »

Anyone have an idea what the fruit will be used for?

thestrand

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 08:43:18 PM »

Ha, that's the one I can't quite figure out! Many of the props and photo assignments make sense in context with some of the new songs, but I can't figure out what song would involve fruit. (Eating? Throwing? Peeling?)

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:39 AM »

Ha, that's the one I can't quite figure out! Many of the props and photo assignments make sense in context with some of the new songs, but I can't figure out what song would involve fruit. (Eating? Throwing? Peeling?)
maybe they'll use them to connect the makey-makey to them and create a fruit instrument

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 01:41:28 AM »

I have no "inside knowledge" of the stage production part of the tour or any of the special stuffs they've got planned for the live shows... yet. But! here's my guess:

-Perhaps the white instruments/stage gear is to enhance some sort of lighting or projection effect.
  -remember, AFP and the band want you to submit your photos for the live show, so maybe that's what that white sheet is for in the back, but maybe it will also be reflected on the band while they play?
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 01:54:41 AM »

-remember, AFP and the band want you to submit your photos for the live show, so maybe that's what that white sheet is for in the back, but maybe it will also be reflected on the band while they play?
that would be beyond amazing!!!

dawlheart

• 50 ft queenie
  • Antiquehigheelredollshoe
    • Artwork Of Kirsten Ashley (portfolio site)
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »

I just went to the first official date in Philly last night. I won't ruin anything at the upcoming shows other than to say GO GO GO. AMAZING. Mind blown.
~Why on earth would I prop you up when you so love the fall?~
Pages: [1]   Go Up