THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edward Ka-spel's Brainwaves set (w/ Amanda) available for download  (Read 1301 times)

dj50tonhamster

• Shake your booty like Sheik Yerbouti
  • A kindler, gentler machine gun hand
Edward Ka-spel's Brainwaves set (w/ Amanda) available for download
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:19:18 PM »

Hello. A few of you may remember that the Dolls played Brainwaves 2006, outside Boston. It was a great night. Lots of weirdo music that I grew up with collided with some teens who were freaked the fuck out by all the droning, banging on metal and other kookiness.

Anyway, during Edward Ka-spel's set, Amanda joined him on stage the play piano during "The Wedding," a track from the Legendary Pink Dots's 1982 release, Brighter Now. The concert has been available on DVD for awhile and is now available on the Dots's Bandcamp page. Go here for the record (labeled 2007, not 2006, strangely enough) or here for the track with A-Palm.

Enjoy, and consider paying a little money if you feel so inclined. I believe Amanda once said that it was while talking to Edward that she decided to do art full-time.
"Mommy, will God send fire ants for me someday?"
"Only if you're good and you pray every day, then Jesus sends the bugs for ya. Good night."

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
Re: Edward Ka-spel's Brainwaves set (w/ Amanda) available for download
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 04:19:33 AM »

beautiful song. i've been meaning to get into the LPD but i never seem to have the time or proper mood. i'm keeping this bookmarked!

The Epigrammic Poultry

• Fast and bulbous.
  • "Fuck it. Life is short. Create hard."
    • My Bandcamp
Re: Edward Ka-spel's Brainwaves set (w/ Amanda) available for download
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:14:45 PM »

Infinite win. I've been such a huge LPD fan for years now (with many many thanks to Amanda) and they've completely and irreversibly changed my perception of music. I can just listen to and 'get' so much more music than I ever could have before I started on them. So much love.
Quote from: Captain Awkward
Anyway, you're just walking around with these teeth in your vagina and you think it's normal cos like, who do you ask about that shit? Then, one day you go to have sex with someone & they're all "WHY DOES YOUR VAGINA HAVE A TOOTH IN IT?" That'd be damn awkward.
Pages: [1]   Go Up