THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THE KILLING TYPE VIDEO  (Read 13001 times)

Merk

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
Re: THE KILLING TYPE VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:04:39 AM »

it is "BLOODY" brilliant!  O0
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

Félix Marqués

• ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:33:37 AM »

I just spammed all my friends with it.

Mitholas

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 05:59:35 AM »

I always go into music videos with really low expectations but THAT WAS EXCELLENT.

Really elevates my estimation of the song too. And I already really liked it. Major kudos guys.

And I might have the tiniest crush on the Grand Theft Guitarist (Chad).

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:09:14 AM »

And I might have the tiniest crush on the Grand Theft Guitarist (Chad).
the tiniest crush? I fall in love with him a little bit more every time I see his cute little face.

I love the concept etc of the video, and the latter half is excellent. But in the first half i'm sort of bugged by the out-of-focus effect that seems to effect the border of it. Like, half the shot is in focus, and half of it isn't. And it works really well with the 'manic' feel of the latter half (once the blood appears), but at the start it seems odd to me. idk.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 06:11:11 AM »

at first i was surprised to see this thread because i thought Amanda would inform us about the release of the video first but since it's on her channel it's ok i guess. it's just that a few weeks ago i saw that the agency of the actor in the video had uploaded the video on youtube, and i talked to Hayley and they took it down because it was supposed to be part of a big announcement from Amanda's team. i guess everything leaks a bit sooner in the end.

apart from all that though this is my fave Amanda video for what is quickly turning out to be my fave Amanda song. i've never felt more proud about an artist i follow, in my life. (and more jealous of the people that are receiving their stuff and i'm still stuck on the second 7" vinyl)

But in the first half i'm sort of bugged by the out-of-focus effect that seems to effect the border of it. Like, half the shot is in focus, and half of it isn't. And it works really well with the 'manic' feel of the latter half (once the blood appears), but at the start it seems odd to me. idk.
maybe it takes place somewhere in between fantasy and reality, dream world or consciousness

Merk

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:28:23 AM »

yeah, i thought a long those lines: when she starts to squeeze the heart and all the blood starts to explode i think that is supposed to be like a fantasy; then it just gets far to out of control/chaotic and quickly brings us back to reality at the end with amanda looking shocked and scared that she had this type of fantasy/thought with her caressing the heart. i know i am probably stating the obvious but yeah...
...i can't stop watching this, overall i think it's visually stunning.

also, do you think that beds and hearts will continually reoccur in the future videos?

insignifikunt

• Super Fan
  • ...Strength through Music...
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 08:29:40 AM »

at first i was surprised to see this thread because i thought Amanda would inform us about the release of the video first but since it's on her channel it's ok i guess. it's just that a few weeks ago i saw that the agency of the actor in the video had uploaded the video on youtube, and i talked to Hayley and they took it down because it was supposed to be part of a big announcement from Amanda's team. i guess everything leaks a bit sooner in the end.

apart from all that though this is my fave Amanda video for what is quickly turning out to be my fave Amanda song. i've never felt more proud about an artist i follow, in my life. (and more jealous of the people that are receiving their stuff and i'm still stuck on the second 7" vinyl)

But in the first half i'm sort of bugged by the out-of-focus effect that seems to effect the border of it. Like, half the shot is in focus, and half of it isn't. And it works really well with the 'manic' feel of the latter half (once the blood appears), but at the start it seems odd to me. idk.
maybe it takes place somewhere in between fantasy and reality, dream world or consciousness

i was also surprised when someone alerted me that it was up... i thought they'd have it on private until the release announcement and i didn't want to share it at first but within a couple of hours it was all over the social networks
...Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing...

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 08:30:37 AM »

also, do you think that beds and hearts will continually reoccur in the future videos?
well the bed song and rockstar videos have beds for sure (we've seen them on the "makin' of" photos) but i'd be cool to include some hearts in there as well

-----

i was also surprised when someone alerted me that it was up... i thought they'd have it on private until the release announcement and i didn't want to share it at first but within a couple of hours it was all over the social networks
my concern was that it didn't seem to have the full credits, it was simply marked as "the killing type". also nme promised some more clips from the shoot that would prepare us for the final thing. on the one hand i'm glad it's out because i really wanted to talk about how awesome it was but i'd promised Hayley i wouldn't share it until they decided it was time, on the other, i hope this leak was deliberate because it'd be a pity if it spoiled amanda's plans

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 11:18:46 AM »

When I hear this song, I always think, "but I am the killing type, we all are" so I'm really chuffed that the video seems to be elaborating on that theme. I also enjoy how the song has this clean, poppy Cars feel at the start but then devolves into the dirty rock sound and then just collapses.

I like how the curtains appear at times to be romantic gauzy bedroom draperies and then plastic sheets for a sterile medical room. The blurriness is distracting but I think the editing is good, particularly when matching some of her facial expressions in the two scenarios.

So who is the guy in the bed? Is it someone we should know or is that an "actor"?

I really hope she blogs on this. How many takes? How much laundry? Did they do the bed/chocolate/blood scene more than once? Who was the editor?   :D
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »

When I hear this song, I always think, "but I am the killing type, we all are" so I'm really chuffed that the video seems to be elaborating on that theme. I also enjoy how the song has this clean, poppy Cars feel at the start but then devolves into the dirty rock sound and then just collapses.

I like how the curtains appear at times to be romantic gauzy bedroom draperies and then plastic sheets for a sterile medical room. The blurriness is distracting but I think the editing is good, particularly when matching some of her facial expressions in the two scenarios.

So who is the guy in the bed? Is it someone we should know or is that an "actor"?

I really hope she blogs on this. How many takes? How much laundry? Did they do the bed/chocolate/blood scene more than once? Who was the editor?   :D

the sterility of the room reminds me of how Dexter prepares the scene before he kills someone. as for the guy in the video he is a British model/actor named Anthony Dowding

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »

the sterility of the room reminds me of how Dexter prepares the scene before he kills someone. as for the guy in the video he is a British model/actor named Anthony Dowding

Oh yes, I remember when she was soliciting for an older British actor on twitter. Must play dead and look good in underwear. Time to rewatch "What's the Use of Wondrin'" Is Neil aware that there is a theme developing here....

Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 11:37:51 AM »

Oh yes, I remember when she was soliciting for an older British actor on twitter. Must play dead and look good in underwear. Time to rewatch "What's the Use of Wondrin'" Is Neil aware that there is a theme developing here....
maybe she's trying to balance the hundreds of dead Amandas

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »

Yeah, Dexter was the first thing that came to my mind when we saw the guy lying on the bed, amanda sat up, surrounded by plastic-y curtains. I wonder if it was an intentional reference...

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 12:22:45 PM »

Yeah, Dexter was the first thing that came to my mind when we saw the guy lying on the bed, amanda sat up, surrounded by plastic-y curtains. I wonder if it was an intentional reference...
I wonder if it was used to keep the studio they were working in from getting covered with "blood"!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up