THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre Is Evil Release Party (Webster Hall webcast Sep 11th) +Archive  (Read 9401 times)

kinsleia

Re: Theatre Is Evil Release Party (Webster Hall webcast Sep 11th) +Archive
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 03:25:18 PM »

current state of the archive video:
"This video contains content from BMG_Rights_Management, IODA, finetunes, UMG and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Err. kinda sounds like someone thinks they own the rights to something that they may not actually own the rights to.
Any contract lawyers out there?

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »

"This video contains content from BMG_Rights_Management, IODA, finetunes, UMG and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

anyone have an alternate link? (e.g. vimeo?)
where are you from? i can see it just fine!maybe it's blocked in your country. change your proxy from your browser and try another country's ip. if you need help with that let me know

shad0wcaptain

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 02:17:58 AM »

it worked! foxyproxy + fastesttube = yummy 720p goodness on my desktop. thanks!

shad0wcaptain

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 08:18:05 AM »

Err. kinda sounds like someone thinks they own the rights to something that they may not actually own the rights to.

it's true that the songs on "theatre is evil" belong to amanda lock, stock and barrel. but the "who killed amanda palmer" songs and the dresden dolls songs belong to her old label(s). "careless whisper" and "in my room" didn't fall into the public domain over the past few years. "call me maybe" certainly didn't. and "don't stop believing" and "total eclipse of the heart" didn't lose their copyrights just because they're being played on saxophones.

all that aside, though, the trouble probably actually stems from the incidental music being played during the intermission between ronald reagan's set and amanda's set. talk talk's "talk talk" and level 42's "something about you" aren't being covered in live performance, they're just being played outright.

/not a contract lawyer

d514

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »

Another option to watch is the Firefox add-on "Stealthy". Most of the time you get very fast proxies with that. If not, just deactivate and activate it again...

Félix Marqués

• ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »

it's true that the songs on "theatre is evil" belong to amanda lock, stock and barrel. but the "who killed amanda palmer" songs and the dresden dolls songs belong to her old label(s). "careless whisper" and "in my room" didn't fall into the public domain over the past few years. "call me maybe" certainly didn't. and "don't stop believing" and "total eclipse of the heart" didn't lose their copyrights just because they're being played on saxophones.

all that aside, though, the trouble probably actually stems from the incidental music being played during the intermission between ronald reagan's set and amanda's set. talk talk's "talk talk" and level 42's "something about you" aren't being covered in live performance, they're just being played outright.

/not a contract lawyer

^ This last bit makes a lot of sense because automatic copyright bots generally work by comparing content in videos with databases of copyrighted songs. So I wouldn't be surprised if they saw those bits were copyrighted songs, sounding very similar to studio versions, and marked the video as infringing copyright law.

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »

okay, so i'm finally watching it... is this an interesting peek at how the original Grown Man Cry may have sounded on piano?

Félix Marqués

• ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 09:04:08 PM »

^ What? I didn't even notice how diferent it was from the album. Was it very different? The guitar was still there, and the synths were just a bit simpler.

Merk

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »

im thinking the original GMC on piano was written like the guitar riffs. i think that is just more of a live mix. i dno. could be wrong...

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 02:10:42 AM »

^ What? I didn't even notice how diferent it was from the album. Was it very different? The guitar was still there, and the synths were just a bit simpler.
Well, it started off with Amanda playing piano chord-y improv type thing and then she continued to play piano parts throughout the song. If I'm not mistaken, there isn't any piano at all in the album rcording.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2012, 02:57:42 AM »

Is there a recorded archive of this show?

NikosGr

• Hidalgo

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2012, 09:56:47 PM »

This link is not working for me apparently it's been blocked >_> how annoying I'm in the USA.

this link still works for me

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2012, 02:10:08 AM »

This link is not working for me apparently it's been blocked >_> how annoying I'm in the USA.

how about this one? they cut off Ronald Reagan so as not to have copyright problems, and reuploaded it

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2012, 06:15:05 PM »

how about this one? they cut off Ronald Reagan so as not to have copyright problems, and reuploaded it

That one does work thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up