THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre Is Evil Release Party (Webster Hall webcast Sep 11th) +Archive  (Read 9526 times)

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
Re: Theatre Is Evil Release Party (Webster Hall webcast Sep 11th) +Archive
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2012, 12:14:19 AM »

okay, so i'm finally watching it... is this an interesting peek at how the original Grown Man Cry may have sounded on piano?
the demo I heard from ages ago sounds, very, very different. in fact, so different that the present version is what swooped me in to like the song, where as before i didnt care for it .
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2012, 12:15:03 AM »

This link is not working for me apparently it's been blocked >_> how annoying I'm in the USA.

Is there a recorded archive of this show?
this link still works for me
how about this one? they cut off Ronald Reagan so as not to have copyright problems, and reuploaded it

That one does work thanks!

the archived webcast is still embedded in amanda's main youtube channe page:

http://youtube.com/user/amandapalmer
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Félix Marqués

• ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »

okay, so i'm finally watching it... is this an interesting peek at how the original Grown Man Cry may have sounded on piano?
the demo I heard from ages ago sounds, very, very different. in fact, so different that the present version is what swooped me in to like the song, where as before i didnt care for it .

This is why I wanted demos in the deluxe download. T _ T argh

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »

This is why I wanted demos in the deluxe download. T _ T argh

there are reasons artists don't release demos, because they are not exactly ready to be heard. I'm happy with the b-sides, honestly. especially considering that the full length album is fifteen songs.

WKAP (alt version) was a nice treat, but remember, treats can make you spoiled ;). i'm sure in due to amanda will release probably everything ever ;D
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Félix Marqués

• ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »

^ In my case I was a bit dissapointed because she said “demos! covers! b-sides!” would be in the Deluxe download, and I was feeling really curious about the original, long intro to “Do It with a Rockstar”. And now I'm very curious about GMC.

I don't really mind as long as I do get to hear those some day. XD

(You mean the demos are not ready as in, the album is too new right now so we should focus on the finished product?)

thestrand

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2012, 12:16:46 PM »

^ In my case I was a bit dissapointed because she said “demos! covers! b-sides!” would be in the Deluxe download, and I was feeling really curious about the original, long intro to “Do It with a Rockstar”. And now I'm very curious about GMC.

I don't really mind as long as I do get to hear those some day. XD

(You mean the demos are not ready as in, the album is too new right now so we should focus on the finished product?)

Agreed. I'm a bit miffed that the KS package explicitly promises Demos, and yet none were included. As the album was already recorded before she posted the KS, she should have had some idea of what she could include in the DL package, so it seems pretty disingenuous to not include the demos. I too was really looking forward to them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up