THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Dresden Dolls tattoo  (Read 842 times)

taniasue

My Dresden Dolls tattoo
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:39:18 AM »

I listen to this album every single day. It helped me get through a really rough time when my hub was deployed to Iraq, and with 4 kiddo's at the age of 27 I found out I had cancer cells throughout my uterus, ovary and tubes. So, I had to have surgery etc. Was a rough year for me. Thanks to this album, NIN, Flyleaf and 30STM I got through my treatment with a forced smile. I truly believe music heals  :love5:

http://flic.kr/p/cSXk8y

dawlheart

• 50 ft queenie
  • Antiquehigheelredollshoe
    • Artwork Of Kirsten Ashley (portfolio site)
Re: My Dresden Dolls tattoo
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »

I had a similar experience with this album. I chose the heartplane logo for my wrist, though. It helped me get through the midst of an abusive relationship, and the turmoil of changing that which in turn meant changing my entire life around. It also has symbolism for me because of the Holocaust/Holocaust denial undertone, which is where part of my lineage comes from.
I actually work in customer service, and people ask me about it all the time. Some older folks intone something like "hope you like that band in 20 years." It's not about that, though. But you can't explain the intricacies in that sort of environment!
I'm glad there was someone else as moved by Yes Virginia as I was.
~Why on earth would I prop you up when you so love the fall?~
Pages: [1]   Go Up