THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Will you vote for Obama again?  (Read 18571 times)

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
Re: Will you vote for Obama again?
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2012, 05:30:02 PM »

I'm firing mine. Mike Coffman has turned out to be a complete tool, desperate to grasp onto anything that might keep him in power. One of his attack ads was so full of lies that the state made him pull the ad and they share the same party.

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »

I'm firing mine. Mike Coffman has turned out to be a complete tool, desperate to grasp onto anything that might keep him in power. One of his attack ads was so full of lies that the state made him pull the ad and they share the same party.

I always mute the TV when I see a Mike Coffman ad come on whether it is positive or negative.

Did the debate change anyone's mind?

Rose

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2012, 11:30:16 PM »

The debate made me sad. I'm probably still going to vote for Obama, but I'm starting to question it a bit now. That, and the political sciences class I'm taking this semester are making me wonder if I might want to reconsider.
Romney pretty much killed, with the debate. He controlled it, he was on the attack, he defended rather well, and he came across relatively clearly (sort of, anyway). I'm hoping the next one goes better for Obama - he just looked so tired.

I can't remember seeing a Mike Coffman ad, but I haven't been watching much tv lately. Jared Polis is my congressman, apparently? I need to look up and see what he's done - and what he hasn't, and what his people and his opponents are saying about him... I feel like I have all this extra homework. But I get hella pissed at people for voting totally blindly.

Coloradians - Are you going to vote yes on Amendment 64? If you aren't, will you listen to me while I preach to you about why you should? It's my pet project.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 12:03:28 PM »

Romney, if you replaced all the words everyone said that that debate with jibberish, came across as more confident and more engaging, but the words themselves were complete fabrications. Sadly in this American Idol America, nobody bothers to check up on fact-checking.

music box

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 10:01:24 PM »

Coloradians - Are you going to vote yes on Amendment 64? If you aren't, will you listen to me while I preach to you about why you should? It's my pet project.

I had to Google what Amendment 64 was. That is how behind on the times I am this election season.

I personally think marijuana is the least of our worries, but I the way it sounds is this amendment will make it so anyone 21+ can legally obtain it even if they don't have a medical card for it? Or is it just about being able to tax the substance?
I have been saying it for years that marijuana should be taxed. It would be an incredible source of revenue to the government, imo. They'd be stupid not to tax it.

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »

I agree, I feel we've already have been foolish for long enough, we should grow commercial hemp too.   
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

Rose

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2012, 11:55:05 PM »

I had to Google what Amendment 64 was. That is how behind on the times I am this election season.

I personally think marijuana is the least of our worries, but I the way it sounds is this amendment will make it so anyone 21+ can legally obtain it even if they don't have a medical card for it? Or is it just about being able to tax the substance?
I have been saying it for years that marijuana should be taxed. It would be an incredible source of revenue to the government, imo. They'd be stupid not to tax it.
It's regulation and taxation. So, anyone 21+ can buy it (and I believe there's a provision for growing a small amount, I can't remember), and there will also be taxation. Why I'm so gung-ho for this is the taxation. They've got some of the allocation laid out in the law - and a large chunk of it goes to the school system annually.
Plus, if they legalize it state-wide, it's going to do wonders for our economy. Small business growth, job growth, increased tax revenue, etc. It will be pretty great. And, police departments will be able to better allocate their man power once Marijuana is legal, so that could be a plus.

I'm really worried this won't pass, though, because there are some good arguments against it. They'd dissuade me, if I wasn't already hardcorely dedicated.

music box

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2012, 12:59:20 AM »

It's regulation and taxation. So, anyone 21+ can buy it (and I believe there's a provision for growing a small amount, I can't remember), and there will also be taxation. Why I'm so gung-ho for this is the taxation. They've got some of the allocation laid out in the law - and a large chunk of it goes to the school system annually.
Plus, if they legalize it state-wide, it's going to do wonders for our economy. Small business growth, job growth, increased tax revenue, etc. It will be pretty great. And, police departments will be able to better allocate their man power once Marijuana is legal, so that could be a plus.

I'm really worried this won't pass, though, because there are some good arguments against it. They'd dissuade me, if I wasn't already hardcorely dedicated.

It is always a double edged sword, though. If it is made legal for non medical purposes to anyone 21+ who's to say the usage won't grow just because people can obtain it easier? Marijuana is natural, yes, but it can be laced with other drugs and it does impair a majority of users to some degree. Think about all the people who could, and probably would, smoke a joint and hop behind the wheel of a car or go to work to operate machinery, etc.. Sure it happens already and it is foolish to think otherwise but making it easier to obtain could make things worse. Not to mention people will give it to underage kids. That is what I don't like.
The taxation is just about the only aspect that I think is a good thing about this one.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 01:35:20 AM »

IMHO, the marijuana question i a simple one:

There are a few down-sides to marijuana use, as with ANY intoxicant, but they're mild.......

...except for the ones that are direct results of its being illegal: organized crime, mass-incarceration,
secondary crime to pay for expensive habits (that would be far cheaper in a grow-your-own world).
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »

Industrial hemp makes for stronger, longer-lasting fibers.

Cleaner burning fuel oils.

Plastics

Paper

With the advances in machining, one could see hemp pulp being pressed into particle-board for construction .

Rose

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2012, 12:18:13 AM »

Anyone else catch this presdential debate? They scared me a bit.
What'd you all think? Is it changing how you're voting?

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2012, 09:04:02 AM »

Did that debate just show a reflection of the American public as a whole in terms of what is acceptable in public discourse. Maybe we're all a little concerned that being rude and combative is the new normal.

Rose

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »

I feel like good manners have certainly stopped being emphasized as much. My Mom works at a middle school and the kids are absolute brats. And I sound old when I do the whole in my day thing, but the only times I was ever rude to a teacher was when they were being fascist authoritarian nightmares. And then it was in an impersonal way, I was just being peacefully obstinate.

But I really really didn't expect to see such behavior from the freaking president and the guy running for president. Romney was especially childish, he kept repeating things over and over and over when they would get into their little bickering things. If I was the moderator, I would have been so frustrated. Especially since they kept interupting her, which was incredibly rude and pissed me off a lot.
I don't feel like that should have been acceptable, I don't feel like either of them should have thought it was okay to react that way to each other.

And if it is the new normal, if even the people who are *supposed* to be leaders and be somewhat better than us can't keep their shit together, then we're all fucked.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »

I will agree to moderate a debate, but I would insist upon two things

A: I have a gavel and when I bang the gavel, everybody shuts their mouths.
B: I have a kill switch for all microphones.

Rose

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »

A kill switch would've been nice. I was thinking an air horn - I think they would probably just ignore a gavel.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11  All   Go Up