THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NZ tour dates.  (Read 1362 times)

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
NZ tour dates.
« on: September 26, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »

Groove Guide and Frontier Touring are proud to announce Amanda Palmer and her Grand Theft Orchestra will be back in January to play two intimate shows.
A pioneer of the punk cabaret genre as both a solo artist and one half of The Dresden Dolls, Palmer has introduced the world to a brand of music that’s ‘all whistles and no whimper’ (The Brag).
Tracks from her brand new album Theatre Is Evil will be intertwined with some of Palmer’s much adored classics from previous albums like ‘In My Mind’ and ‘Map of Tasmania’ when she takes the stage in New Zealand next year.
SEE HER LIVE: AMANDA PALMER
Sun 27 Jan Q Theatre, Auckland (All Ages)         QTheatre.co.nz
Wed 30 Jan San Fran Bath House, Wellington     ticketmaster.co.nz
PRE-SALE: 2.00PM Wed 10 Oct to 2.00PM Thu 11 October
frontiertouring.com/amandapalmer
GENERAL SALE: 9am Fri 12 Oct

Hells to the muthafuckin yes!

I rather like San Fran as a venue. Mostly because if you're front row, you get a face full of crotch haha
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
Re: NZ tour dates.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »

Palmer’s much adored classics from previous albums like ‘In My Mind’ and ‘Map of Tasmania’ when she takes the stage in New Zealand next year.
Haha, what the fuck.

Also, I like and dislike the venue depending on the context of the gig. Jason Webley's show there was great, reasonably chilled out and casual. Beastwars on the other hand was so oversold that people were sitting on tables and railing, and standing on the stairs because there was no space. It was hot and awful and getting to the toilets took seriously 5 minutes +, while getting to the bar was just out of the question.

Still, keen.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 04:36:52 PM »

Yeah, Jason Webley was a good show there. Even if I had a mega sore ass from sitting on the floor the whole time.

Did they seriously keep the tables there for Beastwars?

When I went there for Parkway Drive, and again for Kids of 88, they removed all the tables, except for the merch area.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 06:29:09 AM »

Yeah, Jason Webley was a good show there. Even if I had a mega sore ass from sitting on the floor the whole time.

Did they seriously keep the tables there for Beastwars?

When I went there for Parkway Drive, and again for Kids of 88, they removed all the tables, except for the merch area.
I had a mega sore arse from that floor too, but the show was so good that it was fine XD
At Beastwars they didn't keep the tables in the main bit, but they kept them back near the bar, and of course the fixed ones in the booths stayed there. There were people on those, and people packed in standing as far back as the door to the smokers area. It was insane.
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 09:13:18 AM »

have you two ever met?

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »

Haha nope.

I'm seriously considering flying up to Auckland to see the Auckland show also. Considering it's on a Sunday, it's possible. Fly up either Sat night or Sun morning, fly back on Monday. Back to work on Tuesday. Take Wednesday off for the Welly show...

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »

Jarrod: when Amanda plays in Wellington, during 'Smile: Pictures or it didn't happen', we should hunt each other out in the crowd and take a photo for the shadowbox, and then head back to our friends and see how confused they look. ;D

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 02:02:37 PM »

^ wear those "Hello, my name is" stickers with your 'Box names on them!   :D

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »

Jarrod: when Amanda plays in Wellington, during 'Smile: Pictures or it didn't happen', we should hunt each other out in the crowd and take a photo for the shadowbox, and then head back to our friends and see how confused they look. ;D
Haha that is actually a good idea

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »

you two could be besties.  :) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up