THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: KICKSTARTER BACKER-EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION VINYL NOT RECEIVED  (Read 2089 times)

Catticusratticus

• it's so cold, it's like the cold if you were dead.
KICKSTARTER BACKER-EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION VINYL NOT RECEIVED
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:04:40 AM »

Hi everyone!

I am new to shadowbox, so forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong area, or have done anything else wrong.

Basically, I helped kickstart Theatre Is Evil (whoop, it's awesome!), I opted for the $50 reward of the Backer-Exclusive Limited Edition Vinyl. I know there's been a hiccup or two with the vinyls, so they've been delayed, but I haven't heard any news about them for a while, and wondered if anyone out there can shed some light on this for me?

I do my best to follow updates and news, but feel I may have fallen behind in the updates on this, and need some help!

If no one else has received their vinyls yet, then that's cool and I won't fret a moment longer!

Thanks for any help.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
Re: KICKSTARTER BACKER-EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION VINYL NOT RECEIVED
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »

i'm reading updates from the kickstarter page, twitter, here and instagram, and noone has yet received their vinyl. it is reported that the vinyl started shipping a couple of days ago, and will continue to ship this coming week. i'm guessing we will get a confirmation email as well, although that wasn't necessary the case with previous orders. (we never received a shippiung confirmation email for the 3rd 7" vinyl from the summer invasion pledge).

also have in mind that the kickstarter gets you exclusive content that noone else is getting but it doesn't mean that you're supposed to get it before anyone else has the opportunity to buy the standard editions. my advice, is to be patient and enjoy the music you have  until you can get the vinyl in your hands. (and btw i'm also waiting for the vinyl, and the cd, i'm not just some insensitive guy who has received his stuff)

dako243

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:13:41 PM »

also have in mind that the kickstarter gets you exclusive content that noone else is getting but it doesn't mean that you're supposed to get it before anyone else has the opportunity to buy the standard editions.

Um...while it certainly hasn't worked out that way, that WAS the original plan:

Quote from: AFP
Update #18 - For backers only · Aug. 30, 2012
hola dear comrades.

COUNTING DOWN.
the time is NIGH.

THEATRE IS EVIL is out in just over a week. YAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!
we're trying as hard as we can to make the timing PERFECT so that your packages arrive on your doorsteps right before the record goes on sale to the public.
i hope it works.

Just sayin'  :)

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »

i think it was a given that when they shipped the cd on the first few days of september that only Americans would get it before the release date. i still haven't received mine in greece. i knew this would happen though because i'd seen how much time was needed for a package to get to me with the 7" vinyls. i've learned by now that Amanda has the best intentions with her shipping services, but you can't rely on the actual shipping process. also, many times the delay is caused by customs and post offices around the world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up