THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "creative" = "crazy"?  (Read 1884 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
Re: "creative" = "crazy"?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 06:24:50 PM »

I think I believe it, I'll bring up during my next personality town meeting. :D
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

Rose

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:26:18 AM »

Makes sense, since it seems like smarter people are crazy more often. And smarter people are also creative geniuses more often. This is all from my observations, I don't have studies or anything because I'm lame and too lazy to look it up and see if anything supports me.

I think the part about deciding how to treat the mental illness is really interesting. I'm not an artist, but I used to be a pretty interesting writer. That has gone away (almost entirely, I actually miss it a lot), but I'm sane(r) now, so yay, yeah? I imagine it would be incredibly difficult to find that perfect balance between insanity and sanity, so you can still be creative but function in a relatively healthy manner.

Tiervexx

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:19:42 PM »

Makes sense, since it seems like smarter people are crazy more often. And smarter people are also creative geniuses more often. This is all from my observations, I don't have studies or anything because I'm lame and too lazy to look it up and see if anything supports me.

I think the part about deciding how to treat the mental illness is really interesting. I'm not an artist, but I used to be a pretty interesting writer. That has gone away (almost entirely, I actually miss it a lot), but I'm sane(r) now, so yay, yeah? I imagine it would be incredibly difficult to find that perfect balance between insanity and sanity, so you can still be creative but function in a relatively healthy manner.

I can assure you that there are plenty of dumb crazy people too.  Prisons are full of them.

Rose

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:39:24 PM »

I can assure you that there are plenty of dumb crazy people too.  Prisons are full of them.
I didn't say that dumb people aren't crazy (although most of the people in prison aren't crazy). But people with a higher IQ are prone to mental instability.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:39:54 AM »

Keep in mind that "crazy" is a rather subjective evaluation, based in the premise that
the outside observer has an understanding of "reality" at least equal to that of the
individual being observed.

The much-more-intelligent (or simply more creative) person may seem "crazy" simply
because others are incapable of grasping their insights.

Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Rose

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:55:55 PM »

I know, I was just thinking about that this morning. Crazy is incredibly subjective. I should probably have defined my terms. When I'm using the term crazy I mean they have a disorder diagnosable by the DSM-IV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up