THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: AFP & The Grand Theft Orchestra :: 2013 Tour Cancellation Help & FAQ  (Read 8339 times)

AFPwire

• News-Bot
  • Administrator
  • Official News & Info
    • @AFPwire

UPDATE DECEMBER 20th: Dates have been rescheduled for September 2013! Read Amanda's blog HERE!

If you're reading this, you've likely found your way here from the blog or a mailer.
If you have any questions or the system isn't working, the answers should hopefully be below, via Amanda; If not, ask a question here in this thread.
If you have trouble with your refund or hit a brick wall, contact Eric about your refund (please only do this if all else truly fails).

AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
my whole team is working hard to reschedule the dates for later in the year, and we hope to have that info in the next few weeks. we're eyeing around september or october 2013. fingers crossed. if you HAD already purchased a ticket for shows in january or february - your tickets are going to be STILL VALID for the rescheduled dates. you can keep the tickets you have, don't need to purchase new ones. you'll be updated directly by Frontier with further info about all of this, as well.
if, however, you would like a refund before new tour info is announced, please contact your relevant ticketing agency directly:
MELBOURNE – Ticketmaster 136 100
SYDNEY & BRISBANE – Ticketek 132 849
PERTH – Show Ticketing (08) 9370 5888 or boxoffice@showticketing.com.au
ADELAIDE - Venue*Tix (08) 8225 8888 or bookings2@venuetix.com.au
BYRON BAY – Oztix 1300 762 545 or info@oztix.com.au.
WELLINGTON – Ticketmaster 0800 111 999 or customer.help@ticketmaster.co.nz
AUCKLAND – Q Theatre (09) 309 9771 or boxoffice@qtheatre.co.nz

MONA FOMA festival in TASMANIA
i won't be appearing, and tickets are fully refundable. i hope you consider going to the festival anyway, it's AMAZING. i'm so bummed to be missing it - it's one of the things i was looking forward to most of all. MOFO will offer full refunds on tickets purchased.
to claim a refund, please call or visit the Theatre Royal Box Office. they're open 9am–5pm (Mon to Fri) and are located here, at 29 Campbell St in Hobart. their number is 03 6233 2299 (or freecall outside Hobart 1800 650 277)

EUROPE
at the moment, we are not certain when these shows will be rescheduled. i DO plan to make up the tour, hopefully within a year. if you wish to hold onto your ticket, it will be valid for the rescheduled show. but we understand you may want the refund, as the future is vague. if that's what you'd like to do, please contact the outlet you purchased your tickets from directly. they will handle everything for you. sadly, the ticketing outlets cannot refund the actual booking fee, only the face value cost of the ticket. i'm really sorry about that one, but it's just the way the business works, and it's out of our hands. i really wish there was more we could do there. thanks for all of your understanding, and let's pray for the future of ticketing to change.

AMANDAPALMER.NET PURCHASES
if you purchased your tickets through amandapalmer.net (via our Topspin presale), a refund will occur automatically to the credit card you used for purchase. sadly, we must refund all of the direct-from-me pre-sale tickets. the way the system's setup, it won't allow us to let folks hold onto their tickets. if you wish to attend the shows when we get back on tour, you'll have to purchase a new ticket when we rescheduled dates are announced.

NEW YEAR'S EVE IN NEW YORK CITY
the grand theft new year's eve at Terminal 5 in NYC is still happening.
(and the band is going to "purple rain" the shit out of all y'all.)
tickets of all sorts are still available here.
please come, dressed to the nines, and please SING LOUDLY WITH US.
we need you.
News and info coming straight at yah from Team AFP…
Have a question about something? Leave a reply here and we'll do our best to get back to you ASAP!

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
Re: AFP & The Grand Theft Orchestra :: 2013 Tour Cancellation Help & FAQ
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:45:46 AM »

I am sorry for anyone who's found themselves here.
Know that myself, Hayley, Eric, and the entirety of Team AFP will be doing our best to funnel everyone here that needs help outside of the standard realm of what's mentioned above.
Please try and be patient with us (this is a new thing for Team AFP as well) and we'll do our best to keep news/updates/info coming as it's relayed to us.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »

i bought my tickets yesterday (such a bad timing) but the only thing that makes me sad is that i know Amanda well enough to know how sad she must be feeling about this whole thing.

Amanda I'm next to you in spirit and i'll support you no matter what. Same goes to Anthony. All my strength goes to him. I read his book last week and i was mesmerized. The world needs him! My wish is for him to overcome this as painlessly as possible and next year whenever you're back on the road we'll have one more reason to celebrate!

love,

Nikos

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »

Amanda:

you don't need anyone's permission.
(we know you care for us all.)

you have my 111.1% approval and love.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

SisterDesire

• I am the world's worst accident.............
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 01:36:48 PM »

Amanda,
Coming out of "retirement" to send support to you. It takes a true friend to do what you are doing for Anthony. Any real fan would understand. Love always, Hayley.
"I want to do more than survive; I want to rub it in your face."

Lunar Reflection

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 02:04:14 PM »

I am really really bummed, because I recently started to realise, turning 18 in less than a week, I never really had an idol during my teenage years. But over the last months I got not only really obsessed with Amanda's music, but her videos and I admit I even made a twitter account just to occasionally read her tweets. (Oh god, that sounds so creepy) When I saw her last november it was awesome, but she was ill and didn't come out to sign. I was really hoping that I would get to meet her on this tour, because I realised she's my first idol in life.

That was mainly what I thought first, after reading through her blog I realised she wouldn't be my idol anymore if she hadn't cancelled the tour.

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 02:26:16 PM »

hiatus, not retirement ; - }

Amanda,
Coming out of "retirement" to send support to you. It takes a true friend to do what you are doing for Anthony. Any real fan would understand. Love always, Hayley.
getting started:

further back:

fainest

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 02:31:07 PM »

I completely understand Amanda's decision.

Still... my question:
If I decide to keep the ticket, but I can't make it to the new date, is it still possible to get a refund at a later stage, i.e. when the new dates have been announced?

Thanks for your help!

emsummers

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 07:36:43 PM »

It's an honor to know that someone that I really look up to is such a great and valuable fucking friend. Also, I'm pretty sure your fans love you just as much as you love us.

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »

I completely understand Amanda's decision.

Still... my question:
If I decide to keep the ticket, but I can't make it to the new date, is it still possible to get a refund at a later stage, i.e. when the new dates have been announced?

Thanks for your help!
Your best bet is probably to look through the T&Cs of wherever you booked the tickets through.

I'm sort of in the same predicament (but I ordered it for somebody else, who was travelling to the show), but I looked at Ticketmaster FAQs and found this, which basically says that, when they contact you to inform you that the event has been rescheduled, they will give you a 'cut off point' by which time you'll need to return the ticket for a refund.

It's possible that other companies will have their own way of dealing with it, though, so just check wherever you bought it from, since it'll likely be nothing to do with Team AFP. Unless you bought it from AFP's website, in which case they've mentioned that due to their system, all of their tickets HAVE to be refunded :3

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 03:52:19 AM »

i hadn't booked my plane tickets yet so i'm lucky that i only purchased the gig tickets. i will be keeping them, and if the gig is rescheduled and i can't go, i'll try to get my money back, and if that fails too i'll try to give them to someone from the box that is going.

fainest

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 08:21:29 AM »

thank you, citizenoftheplanet!

new hybrid

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 03:59:35 AM »

thanks for the exhe etra info. have tickets for the edinburgh gig. i am going to hold onto them and hopefully i can make the rescheduled show. completely understand the reasons behind the cancellation but man was pumped to be going after just recently discovering amandas music. not to worry, when i do see her i will know all the words now! :headbang:

liloiky

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »

Hi there,

I think it's so good of Amanda to take the time out to be with her friend. My manager has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently going through 18 weeks of chemo after having had a mastectomy and her lymph nodes removed, we all love her to bits and have been doing whatever we can to support her and have been raising money for cancer support for her.

I did have a quick question though, if we purchased tickets through the presale, when can we expect the refund to come through? Thanks.
Good luck with everything, so many people are giving their support.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 09:06:37 PM »

Hello everyone,

First off, let me say that you have all been ABSOLUTELY amazing. You have flooded Amanda and Team AFP with so much love, appreciation and support over these last few weeks that it has simply been overwhelming. I want to thank you guys for your patience and understanding, you have reminded us all how extremely lucky and fortunate we are to have such an amazing, caring, and sincere fan base. Thank you all.

Here's some more information:

If you purchased your ticket directly through http://amandapalmer.net during the fan presale for the March European tour dates, you will be getting a full refund from Topspin on Wednesday, December 19th.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 11:45:53 AM »

You could have just renamed the tour the "Cancer Sucks! tour" and raised a decent chunk of change to fight cancer, but the cool thing about that is that you can do that down the road, too. Rest easy, Amanda. Giving your time to your friend just proves you are a very good friend indeed.

gruntwhore

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »

Hi
We have tickets for the Brighton gig(u.k.) but according to Ticketmaster we can't get a refund as it's been postponed and not canceled! Is there any chance you can let them know it's cancelled? as could do with the money and buying tickets again when it happens?? any advice or a nod to say you've cancelled it with Ticketmaster would be very appreciated. thanks and All the best.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 04:15:29 PM »

Hi
We have tickets for the Brighton gig(u.k.) but according to Ticketmaster we can't get a refund as it's been postponed and not canceled! Is there any chance you can let them know it's cancelled? as could do with the money and buying tickets again when it happens?? any advice or a nod to say you've cancelled it with Ticketmaster would be very appreciated. thanks and All the best.

Did you contact Ticketmaster and ask for a refund, or are you relaying information they sent you in an email or on their website? Can you email me more info on what they've told you/sent you? hayley[at] amandapalmer.net

I'm not sure if the dates are officially canceled, they may be technically postponed because they're in the process of being rescheduled.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 10:28:18 AM »

Hi

Did you contact Ticketmaster and ask for a refund, or are you relaying information they sent you in an email or on their website? Can you email me more info on what they've told you/sent you? hayley[at] amandapalmer.net

I'm not sure if the dates are officially canceled, they may be technically postponed because they're in the process of being rescheduled.
they are technically postponed. here's what ticketmaster emailed me:

Dear Ticketmaster customer,

We regret to inform you that the Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra event at HMV Picture House, Edinburgh, on 22 March 2013, has been postponed until further notice.

Please keep hold of your tickets as they will be valid for the rescheduled date. We will contact you again when the new date has been announced.
If you require any further assistance, please visit our FAQs.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Best Wishes,
Ticketmaster Customer Service

i guess they'll give us the option of a refund when the show is rescheduled

Lunar Reflection

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »

Does anyone know/estimate how long it will take before the new European dates are announced?

lentower

• len's web sight
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 07:29:16 AM »

Facebook event pages are up for Amanda's solo spring shows, and the Fall GTO tour to OZ/NZ:

https://www.facebook.com/amandapalmer/events
getting started:

further back:

Lunar Reflection

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 12:11:05 PM »

I've just received a mail saying that Amanda's concert that was supposed to happen in Belgium is canceled and thus not postponed. Does this mean that the Belgian show/European tour won't be rescheduled after all? :/

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »

I've just received a mail saying that Amanda's concert that was supposed to happen in Belgium is canceled and thus not postponed. Does this mean that the Belgian show/European tour won't be rescheduled after all? :/
i'd say it's probably just that show? She tweeted a couple of days ago that she was planning her fall european tour, and instagrammed a photo of a november calendar with cities pencilled in, so maybe belgium just isn't a feasible place to visit this time round? :/

Lunar Reflection

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 06:02:43 PM »

i'd say it's probably just that show? She tweeted a couple of days ago that she was planning her fall european tour, and instagrammed a photo of a november calendar with cities pencilled in, so maybe belgium just isn't a feasible place to visit this time round? :/
Likely, then! Hope it's just a venue change though, wouldn't like to be missing out!

Edit: Actually! Just saw the photo, brussels is on it! Hoping for the best! :D

Edit 2: http://botanique.be/fr/activite/amanda-palmer-grand-theft-orchestra-02112013 OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG SO EXCITED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 01:48:58 PM »

UPDATE:
Rescheduled tour dates have been posted and are on sale now. Visit http://amandapalmer.net/shows to see the full schedule for Australia, NZ, UK, and European tour dates.

Everyone who purchased a ticket through the amandapalmer.net pre-sale should have received an automatic refund. You must re-purchase tickets to the newly scheduled tour dates.

If you purchased a ticket from the venue's box office, ticketmaster, or their online ticket sale for a post-poned show that has since been rescheduled, your tickets will be VALID for the new tour date. If you are unsure or have any questions, contact your point of purchase or call the venue.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up