THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: another week, another mass shooting in the USA  (Read 16693 times)

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
Re: another week, another mass shooting in the USA
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2013, 12:02:37 AM »

This is heading in the right direction
New York Senate approves gun control bill
AP: The New York Senate has approved a gun control bill by a vote of 43 to 18. The bill targets assault rifles, high-capacity clips of ammunition and requires reports of the mentally ill who pose a threat to others with illegal guns. The Democrat-led Assembly is expected to pass the measure.

Source
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2013, 08:55:03 AM »

'nother one.
http://news.msn.co.nz/worldnews/8596392/us-teen-held-in-shooting-of-five-people

Pure agenda driven drivel. How much of this has to do with the over-prescribing of mood-altering chems (lEGAL ones, like Adderal) to children? Nope, there was an "assault-style" weapon found in the house so THAT must be the culprit. This is just like the big push by the US media to get rid of SUVs in the early 2000s by mentioning in every reported accident story that one of the vehicles was an SUV, even if it had nothing to do with the reason for the accident in the first place.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2013, 09:23:54 AM »

'nother one.
http://news.msn.co.nz/worldnews/8596392/us-teen-held-in-shooting-of-five-people

Pure agenda driven drivel. How much of this has to do with the over-prescribing of mood-altering chems (lEGAL ones, like Adderal) to children? Nope, there was an "assault-style" weapon found in the house so THAT must be the culprit. This is just like the big push by the US media to get rid of SUVs in the early 2000s by mentioning in every reported accident story that one of the vehicles was an SUV, even if it had nothing to do with the reason for the accident in the first place.
I don't think they were blaming the shooting on the presence of guns - as they said, they hadn't even confirmed the relationship between the killer and the victims yet, let alone the motive or anything else. They just said they found guns at the house after the shooting, which, I mean, no shit.
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2013, 09:59:29 AM »

Yes, but why be specific about an "assault-style" weapon when:

A: There is no agreed-upon definition of an assault weapon.
B: There is no evidence released yet that even states that the assault style weapon was used.

So why mention it? It's simply an agenda push.

You all might like this video of an attempted assassination of a Turkish politician. Look Ma, no Assault Weapon.

You'll notice the reason the gent failed wasn't the weapon jamming; it was an unfamiliarity with the pistol. He forgot to chamber a round. and it wasn't an "assault-style weapon", whatever that means.

Honestly the only changes that I would push for beyond Universal background checks are the following:

1. Ban for civilian sale the 5.56mm x 45 NATO, 7.62mm x 51 NATO, and the 7.62mm X 39mm rounds; these three rounds were designed for military use, thus should not be sold on the civilian market. This will also have the effect of starving all AR-15s and AK-47s (which are the two most prominent weapons in the civilian market that have a basis with a mil-spec weapon; the thing politicians want to get rid of) of the thing they need to function; ammunition.

2. All new makes/models of weapon/ammunition must be approved for civilian sale by the BATF before they can be sold on the open market. This is necessary to avoid arms manufacturers simply putting out a new model of AR-15 or AK-47 in a different available caliber.

3. Voluntary gun buy-back programs.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »

another mass shooting at a college in Texas; news just broke, so no link to a story yet.

:(

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2013, 05:08:33 PM »

This wasn't a shooting like we've come to think. This was an old fashioned shootout with people getting caught in the middle.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/22/shooting-reported-at-texas-college/?hpt=hp_t1

- Three people, including one gunman, were wounded in shooting between two people at Lone Star College campus in Houston, Texas, school spokesman says
- Two suspects are in custody, CNN affiliates KHOU and KTRK report
- Fourth person suffered heart attack, federal law enforcement source says
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10]  All   Go Up