THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aurora theater shooter set to be arraigned  (Read 1033 times)

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
Aurora theater shooter set to be arraigned
« on: January 11, 2013, 12:40:56 AM »

James Holmes, the man who killed 12 people and wounded 70+ in a movie theater last July, is set to be arraigned in Colorado on Friday January 11th. The judge cited there was plenty of evidence against Holmes to take him to trial. Holmes' lawyers asked the judge for a delay stating their client was not ready to enter a plea deal, but Judge William Sylvester ordered a formal arraignment where Holmes will be formally charged with 166 felony counts including murder and attempted murder. The ordered arraignment comes after three days of hearings where the prosecution presented witnesses and evidence against Holmes including photos from his iPhone, police officer and bomb squad testimony, and 911 calls.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/10/16453418-judge-orders-arraignment-for-colorado-theater-shooting-suspect-over-lawyers-plea-for-delay?lite

I didn't bother including the word "accused" because in my opinion he is 100% guilty. I live in Aurora about 2 miles from the Century Theater and this entire situation hit me very hard. I had friends in that theater, I knew people who were hurt, and I knew some of the 12 people killed. I drove by the theater the next day and you could still see the bloody trail of footprints on the sidewalk from where he exited the back door.
I am happy in the sense that I think a possible insanity plea has pretty much been kissed goodbye. All of the evidence they have presented showed he knew exactly what he was doing and had planned it for quite sometime. Rumor has it the prosecutors are going to try for the death penalty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up