THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 Academy Award winners  (Read 1299 times)

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
2013 Academy Award winners
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »

If you didn't watch last night you actually missed a pretty decent show. Seth MacFarlane surprised me and turned out to be a great host.
There were also some nice surprises like Catherine Zeta-Jones performing, Jennifer Lawrence falling up the stairs to the stage, and William Shatner reporting from the future.

Here's the list of winners and my overall review of the show: http://fort-kick-ass.blogspot.com/2013/02/2013-academy-award-winners.html

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: 2013 Academy Award winners
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:18:01 AM »

I was happy to see Searching for Sugarman win the Best Documentary Oscar.   :)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »

And Dame Shirley Bassey highlighting an Oscar tribute to 50 years of James Bond.

Fifty years and twenty four (or is it twenty five?) films.... and a grand total of TWELVE
nominations, five of those for the most recent film.  Bond has never even been nominated
for any of the "big" awards [picture, actor, actress, supporting actor, supporting actress,
writer, director...]  (Oh, two wins - one for sound and one for vis FX for two of the early Connery films.)

This kind of hypocrisy bugs me - Hey Bond, good going for selling a shitload of tickets and
really becoming established as a cultural icon; too bad your little "commercial" films aren't
good enough for actual consideration by our little clique of artistes...
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

CottonCandy

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »

And Dame Shirley Bassey highlighting an Oscar tribute to 50 years of James Bond.

Fifty years and twenty four (or is it twenty five?) films.... and a grand total of TWELVE
nominations, five of those for the most recent film.  Bond has never even been nominated
for any of the "big" awards [picture, actor, actress, supporting actor, supporting actress,
writer, director...]  (Oh, two wins - one for sound and one for vis FX for two of the early Connery films.)

This kind of hypocrisy bugs me - Hey Bond, good going for selling a shitload of tickets and
really becoming established as a cultural icon; too bad your little "commercial" films aren't
good enough for actual consideration by our little clique of artistes...

At the same time truly indie films don't usually win, though they might get nominated :(

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:01:17 PM »

I loved the Bond segment. Skyfall should have had more nominations, imo. Javier Bardem deserved Best Supporting Actor and it deserved a nomination for Best Picture. Oh well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up