THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "The Astronaut" Interpretations?  (Read 7977 times)

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
Re: "The Astronaut" Interpretations?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »

also, this:
http://www.internal.org/view_poem.phtml?poemID=119

we had to study that poem in my high school ap english class. 

oh, and mass, do share the recording please, once you've made it.
I'm uploading from my camera as we speak. I'll try and have it up later today.

I want to play the song too D:

It has a lot of meaning for me, er net drama issue. Somebody I know had an estalker. Reminds me of him.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

Street Magic

• formerly pumpkinking0192
    • youtube account
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I uploaded the sheet music to the Yahoo! group "dresden_doll_x". It's really crude, but if you want to play Astronaut, go ahead and get the sheet music and improvise from there.

It's for Finale NotePad, which is a free sheet music software. Just Google it and you can find their website.

colordeaf

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 07:17:01 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I uploaded the sheet music to the Yahoo! group "dresden_doll_x". It's really crude, but if you want to play Astronaut, go ahead and get the sheet music and improvise from there.

It's for Finale NotePad, which is a free sheet music software. Just Google it and you can find their website.

ARRRRG I can't download any programs! Can't anyone share a jpg version?

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 10:15:38 PM »

why don't you get the guitar chords instead?? don't worry none of the chords are written as Gaug(add9)
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

colordeaf

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 02:29:34 PM »

why don't you get the guitar chords instead?? don't worry none of the chords are written as Gaug(add9)

Done. Eh, for some reason I get this image in my head of The Astronaut being a popular book in an alternate universe and the song being sung about an author. This because I have a friend who hates Harry Potter, and I *gasp* I read the books, being gullible to the writing style/cover art.

whatlanguagenodutch

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 06:19:19 AM »

^bump

Does anyone have any new thoughts on this song?  Also, which ending did she use on the tour this year--anybody remember?

GlassSlipper

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 09:45:23 AM »

http://whokilledamandapalmer.com/history.php#continue

edit:
...reading now that Grown Man Cry was already done during WKAP recording

Shaeon

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 05:41:18 AM »

^bump

Does anyone have any new thoughts on this song?  Also, which ending did she use on the tour this year--anybody remember?

Outside of what this song means to Amanda Palmer, I've been pondering lately what it means to me. It's full of questions. "Is it getting harder to pretend/That life goes on without you in the wake/And can you see the means without the end/in the random frantic action that we take" gets me every time. the first part, about life going on without you in the wake, makes me think of my ex. We were together so long. I was heart-broken when the relationship ended, but there's been a lot of healing. But sometimes it crosses my mind to wonder what my ex thinks when she thinks about me. I want her to know I'm doing ok. I kind of want her to know that I'm better than I was with her. I have no idea why I care, but I want her to know that life really does go on without her.

Can you see the means without the end - that one, I get twisted around. The end justifies the means - so does it take an ending for you to become aware of the means, to see what exactly you've been willing to do in order to get to this end? Is that what that means?

Also, the "is it enough to have some love?" parts at the beginning absolutely slay me. I think the answer is no.   :-\

So that was a deeply personal interpretation and sadder than I really meant to be. Not sure if that's what you are looking for, but yeah. The song's been on my mind a bunch, lately.
"Are all people like this?"
"Like what?"
"So much bigger on the inside. I'm— Oh, what is that word? It's so big. And so complicated. And so sad."

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »

I just listened to the recording from 2008 of when Astronaut was first played with drums.
Still blown away by that performance (I think it has Meredith Yayanos on violin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up