THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ASK AMANDA (july 8th, 2013 - questions closed)  (Read 12003 times)

a(me)

Re: ASK AMANDA.
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 10:50:38 AM »

Hello, Miss Amanda!

Not sure if you want to answer this, but I want to ask so here goes:
The symbolism you referred to in Neil's new (fabulous!) book -- the parts that were about you and made you do the V8 thing on your forehead? Are you willing to share any further info about that? I would love to gain a greater understanding of the book.

Hugs from Canada!

V8 thing? on my forehead?? explain....

You said he'd tricked you -- and that's when you became a true Neil fan. (You never saw the V8 commercials when you were a kid when people hit themselves on the forehead with the palm of their hand because they missed the obvious thing. Sort of equivalent to "Oh, Duh.")

alvysinger1980

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 10:51:11 AM »

I'm going to my first show in Manchester on Thursday and will be on my own. What's the best way to make some friends. My usual plan is 'stand quietly on my own and avoid eye contact' so anything will be better than that!

a(me)

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 10:51:34 AM »

Hello, Miss Amanda!

The symbolism you referred to in Neil's new (fabulous!) book -- the parts that were about you and made you do the V8 thing on your forehead? Are you willing to share any further info about that? I would love to gain a greater understanding of the book.

Hugs from Canada!

"it wasn’t until we were at TED, taking a walk up a little hill in long beach a day or two before my talk, that i finally understood.

we were chatting about the book, i asked him a question about some of the symbolism in the story….and he stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and looked at me.

you twit,

he said.

and he filled in the blanks, and connected the dots for me.

i’d missed it completely."

From your blog

Thanks, Kathdela! That's it, exactly.

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 10:51:40 AM »

I know it's not straightly up to you, but what are the odds of ever visiting South America? I want an excuse to pour tons of glitter over myself.

odds are good, because i really want to. finding a promotor to work with is difficult, and i haven't had the energy yet to go totally rogue and just do it direct with fans, but i'm getting there.

SydneyMaisano

• -672-
  • Brian signing my Dresden Dolls vest. Oct 7th 2013
    • green as sin
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »

Legendary Pink Dots will be here in Dallas on October 5th, and I plan to see them for the first time. Do you have recommendations for a crash course into their music?

YES!!!!!
start with these albums, my all time favorites:

-the maria dimension
-the golden age
-asylum
-any day now

and then, if you're still seeking, move onto:

-from here you'll watch the world go by

x
a

somewhere on the box Amanda had also posted a playlist of her favorite LPD songs, and I found it incredibly helpful when I was just starting to get into their music

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »

Hello, Miss Amanda!

Hugs from Canada!

You said he'd tricked you -- and that's when you became a true Neil fan. (You never saw the V8 commercials when you were a kid when people hit themselves on the forehead with the palm of their hand because they missed the obvious thing. Sort of equivalent to "Oh, Duh.")

a HA.

i think you're looking for an answer that i'm not going to give.
but if you read the book, you can probably figure it out.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »

I'm going to my first show in Manchester on Thursday and will be on my own. What's the best way to make some friends. My usual plan is 'stand quietly on my own and avoid eye contact' so anything will be better than that!

give a hug to the person next to you during one of the quiet songs and you'll have a friend for life... or for a moment

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 10:53:37 AM »

Any plans to do more videos from Theatre is Evil?
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

Justin

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »

If money were not a question at all, what would you do differently? And perhaps more importantly, what would you keep doing exactly the same?

Kickstarter is sort of a decentralized version of the patron of the arts idea, but there is always the question of losing patrons' favor then or now. You talked a little bit about this at the Denver house party, and I am interested in the other side of things - not how you can interact with patrons, but how you can interact with a community with absolutely no requirement that anything ever be "lucrative".

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »

posting a thread on the box (here, in touring) and then tweeting it is usually good. if i see those "anyone looking to meet up pre-show in machester? link" etc, i always re-tweet them.

Mauri

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »

I know it's not straightly up to you, but what are the odds of ever visiting South America? I want an excuse to pour tons of glitter over myself.

odds are good, because i really want to. finding a promotor to work with is difficult, and i haven't had the energy yet to go totally rogue and just do it direct with fans, but i'm getting there.

Whenever you get there, count on the help of a fan from Argentina!

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »

Any plans to do more videos from Theatre is Evil?

we MIGHT do a st kilda video. if certain things work out :)

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »

what's your fave memory from this year so far?

MerPerson

• Make love, not flamewars.
    • Me on Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 11:01:19 AM »

Is there gonna be any sort of after-party after the Manchester concert where fans could talk to you personally?

boxofboom

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2013, 11:01:44 AM »

do you have any regrets about the Kickstarter for Theatre Is Evil? anything you'd do differently if you could do it over?

p.s. it's easily one of my favorite albums of all time..i mean it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up