THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is beheading the new black?  (Read 3345 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Is beheading the new black?
« on: August 03, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »

I mean, wtf? Whether on a bus across Canada or vacationing in Greece, it's like someone's always trying to up the violence ante. It gets even dumber when you brandish said head like you're Perseus beating back the Kraken with Medusa's noggin.

jdfu!

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
Re: Is beheading the new black?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:40:38 PM »

We had the best 2 headlines in edinburgh today. 1 was "Canadian bus beheading nightmare" and the other edinburgh paper printed "Picture exclusive- Samurai Gang battle".

I Lold.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

___ampersand

• Just likes playing hospital.
  • I'm not the girl you think I am.
    • Shameless Plug
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 01:00:26 AM »

See, normally I would find the greyhound beheading amusing, but I'll be taking a greyhound back and forth about once every two weeks.. :-\
The kind who comes to poker pockets stuffed with kings and aces

Laurie

• I WANT YOU TO LEVITATE ME.
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 01:26:28 AM »

I know! I just heard about the greyhound incident today and couldn't fucking believe it.
Apparently while he was stabbing the other person (before beheading him) he had a perfectly calm look on his face, wasn't upset or anything, WHILE HE WAS STABBING A STRANGER.

This made me finalize my decision about driving to Chicago in five days rather than riding the bus.

EFF THAT Y'ALL

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 01:58:50 AM »

See, normally I would find the greyhound beheading amusing, but I'll be taking a greyhound back and forth about once every two weeks.. :-\
Sure, but you're in CANADA...  Nothing like that ever happens in CANADA, right? 
We have exclusive rights to homicidal knife-wielding weirdos down here in the lower 48, right?

...right?...

Oh.......  :-\   but seriously, what are the odds?

....what are the odds you can get mom & dad to
cough up the price of a plane ticket now?
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 02:04:34 AM »

Apparently Toronto is the safest city in all of Canada despite our what is it again, 30th murder of the year?
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 02:17:50 AM »

Apparently Toronto is the safest city in all of Canada despite our what is it again, 30th murder of the year?
The stat is probably per-capita...

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 02:22:40 AM »

In England you just get stabbed by 12 year olds ( who will then try to sell you crack )
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 02:32:17 AM »

Scarborough is considered one of the safest cities in all of Ontario. Can you believe that? And Scarborough has many names. Scarbz, Scarblackistan, The Ghetto (since many gangs derive from that area) etc. Goodness gracious. Vic Park stations has had so many stabbings. Jane and Finch isn't even funny. But they filmed most of Step Up 2 there. Nina Dobrev is supposed to film Transformers 2 with Shia but he had to go and get all angsty and drive his fucking car up the wall. So what will happen to her? She'll be sent back to make shitty movies in Canada. I wish I was American sometimes. Except I don't like the idea of paying for Health Care.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 02:38:14 AM »

Scarborough is considered one of the safest cities in all of Ontario. Can you believe that? And Scarborough has many names. Scarbz, Scarblackistan, The Ghetto (since many gangs derive from that area) etc. Goodness gracious. Vic Park stations has had so many stabbings. Jane and Finch isn't even funny. But they filmed most of Step Up 2 there. Nina Dobrev is supposed to film Transformers 2 with Shia but he had to go and get all angsty and drive his fucking car up the wall. So what will happen to her? She'll be sent back to make shitty movies in Canada. I wish I was American sometimes. Except I don't like the idea of paying for Health Care.
That homicide stat for Toronto...  Does it count each time the Leafs get slaughtered?
(I suppose it's too much to hope they're not gonna suck again this year....)

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 02:46:01 AM »

That homicide stat for Toronto...  Does it count each time the Leafs get slaughtered?
(I suppose it's too much to hope they're not gonna suck again this year....)

LOL! I'm kidding, I don't understand your joke since I pay no attention to sports. The Leaflets suck from what I've heard.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 02:49:19 AM »

In England you just get stabbed by 12 year olds ( who will then try to sell you crack )

The stabbing happens first eh?

I suppose one might be more likely to buy their crack if one were in significant pain, possibly bleeding to death. It might create a "fuck it, why not" sort of feeling.. (is that disaster capitalism?)

PS - beheading = not cool. :nono:

___ampersand

• Just likes playing hospital.
  • I'm not the girl you think I am.
    • Shameless Plug
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 03:24:11 AM »

We have exclusive rights to homicidal knife-wielding weirdos down here in the lower 48, right?

...right?...

Well fuck, we all have pet beavers (heeheehee) and live in igloos--how violent can we be, eh?
(No chance of flying. It's a 2 hour drive; ergo, a 30 minute plane ride. If I do happen to be beheaded, I hereby leave my worldly possessions to the Box.)
The kind who comes to poker pockets stuffed with kings and aces

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »

...right?...

Well fuck, we all have pet beavers (heeheehee) and live in igloos--how violent can we be, eh?
(No chance of flying. It's a 2 hour drive; ergo, a 30 minute plane ride. If I do happen to be beheaded, I hereby leave my worldly possessions to the Box.)
You left out the most important part:
Canadians are the world's most polite people, and when you stop to ask permission first, the person whom you may have intended
to stab will often say no, or simply move far enough away that it's no longer convenient to kill him.

...to say nothing of the fact that stabbing and beheading people is generally considered rude in/of itself.

And yeah, Seean, the Maple Leafs pretty much sucked last year, and the year before, and probably this year.  >:(

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 08:42:13 PM »

In México a 18 years old mother will try to sell you his 12 years old son, selling people is apparently a day by day business.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up