THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ASK ME ANYTHING, 0:54 am, august 21st, 2013.  (Read 16625 times)

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
Re: ASK ME ANYTHING, 0:54 am, august 21st, 2013.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 01:09:58 AM »

What's your relationship been like with Neil's daughters? Has the stepmom thing been awkward, for either side?

Also, I hope you feel better.

thank you.

it's been interesting.
i met all of them at different times, and at first it was definitely awkward.
and funny in retrospect. neil was the most worried about holly not liking me, because she's the harshest critic.
but holly and i bonded pretty hardcore and have become close over these years. maddy and i are further apart in age and have less in common, so i feel more like a big sister to her than a peer. and watching her grow from a kid to a middle school kid at 14 to a college kid at 18 has been amazing. she's such a sharp girl...i find myself always envious of her constantly enthusiastic outlook. she's so happy i want to bottle her and take her with me. and mike, who's actually closer in age to me than neil, is just....a really nice guy. like neil, he's sort of shy and not over-talkative and we've never had a chance to really bond or get personal. but i really love all his kids, and mostly, i love how neil loves them. he's a beautiful dad.

Samakain

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 01:10:34 AM »

When and what was the last idea you had that stopped you in your tracks?  if you can share it that is.
(p.s hope you get better right quick :) )

Myinchofivory

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 01:10:51 AM »

Did you decide to send your LA Women of Letters letter (first time)? If so, how was it received?

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 01:11:03 AM »

ok, ok, do you ever write songs on your laptop / phone instead of pen and paper.

and, what were you like as a kid.

hope your sick goes away soon. might be kick ass to record some vocals with that voice though.

i actually finally gave in and started writing on laptop. but only when i'm on the road, in a plane or something.

but when i'm home or in one sitting spot, i till really prefer papers and papers and scribbling.
i think better that way.

TheOneWhoKnocks

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 01:11:23 AM »

After you posted your poem about Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, I tweeted you, questioning how you could possibly have empathy for him. As a lifelong Bostonian, I was furious. For weeks, I watched the shitstorm that ensued and the hate directed at you. As a lifelong human being, I was sad. I wish I had tried harder to understand where you were coming from that day, and it's bothered me for months. I just wanted to say I'm sorry and ask if you'd accept my apology? I should have been a better person that day.

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 01:12:03 AM »

Have you seen the Blue Moon?
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

5paceManSpiff

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 01:12:37 AM »

Well unfortunately it appears you joined briefly then left.

ylime232

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 01:13:17 AM »

so ...afp.... hmmm... if there was one band/musician that you could trade lives with, who would it be?  And I hope you feel better and have dreams filled with unicorns, hot air balloons, and pipe organs :D

loosegrin

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 01:13:58 AM »

I'm Morgan, a 21 year old girl and a big fan. Deciding that you're going to do music/film/performance art, anything artistic really, is a difficult choice when you know in a realistic world you probably won't be financially stable most of the time, or people will think you're wasting your time, or people will think you're idealistic/delusional. Even though money isn't a problem for me, something about it scares me. I know I shouldn't care what people think, and I know I shouldn't be afraid of failure, but I am. Even though I've always been very creative and had a strong desire to express myself artistically, to make a difference in peoples lives in a provoking way. I don't always understand my creative ideas and urges and, although I want to go public with it, although I want to share it, I'm afraid. So I was wondering if you've had/have these feelings and how you work through them? How did you decide to take the leap into music/art as a career choice? What motivated you to make it a reality? And many as a bonus question: Will you be coming to Miami/Florida anytime in the future? I LOVE YOU.

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 01:14:04 AM »

How does your family react to songs that appear to be/are inspired or about them?

Ps. I am starting to feel sickness as well and since you gave me a beautiful kiss at the Calgary house party I am thinking we have a twin sickness!

my mother can get really irritated. by songs that feels reflect her badly....she complains. it's hard. we actually got into a spat a few months ago when the guardian article came out and i talked about living in "a house with no metaphor". she hit the roof and sent me an email with the subject header "after all we've done, do we deserve this?"
i tried to talk her off the roof. our relationship is complicated.

god i hope my mother doesn't figure out how to find the forum.
it was hard enough when she figured out how to use twitter.

p.s. i love not typing in 140 characters. my fingers are like FREEEEEEDOM!!!!!!

RobertMcGrath1877

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 01:14:55 AM »

What were you like as a teenager?

Starmongoose

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:34 AM »

Hi Amanda.

I watched the livestream of the lincon centre gig. I loved your cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit, especially the way you connected with the people in the crowd as you passed through them. You could tell from their eyes that it was a special moment for them. I was also crying when you sang the song about the French boy who emailed you late one night. Very emotional moment.

I guess I have no question, I just wish you and Neil the best.

Love,

Greig - Scotland

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:59 AM »

Some favorite books, go...  (Hope you feel well soon)

thats a nice easy one

steppenwolf - hesse
dropping ashes on the buddha - seung sahn
the hotel new hampshire - john irving
the ocean at the end of the lane - gaiman

indeciSEAN

• Das Ruling Klass
  • Rise of The Cephalobot!
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 01:16:03 AM »

ok, ok, do you ever write songs on your laptop / phone instead of pen and paper.

and, what were you like as a kid.

hope your sick goes away soon. might be kick ass to record some vocals with that voice though.

i actually finally gave in and started writing on laptop. but only when i'm on the road, in a plane or something.

but when i'm home or in one sitting spot, i till really prefer papers and papers and scribbling.
i think better that way.

Remind me to tell you sometime what my Dr. and I were discussing, about this very subject…↑

RobertMcGrath1877

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 01:16:40 AM »

If i ever meet you can i give you a hug and a kiss on the cheek? :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Up