THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Kobalt Music Publishing authorised to claim copyright on AFP YouTube videos?  (Read 1675 times)

Venetia

I uploaded some videos to YouTube of Amanda performing songs during her Ninja Parade in Wellington, New Zealand this week (2 Sep 2013). Then YouTube gave me the following notification about my video of The Killing Type at http://youtu.be/8AV0NaoYlx4:

Your video may include a song owned by a third party. For example, this might be a song playing in the background or someone performing a song.

To hear the matched song please play the video on the right. The video will play from the point where the matched content was identified.

Your video is available and playable.

Here are the details:

1:44 "THE KILLING TYPE", musical composition administered by:
Kobalt Music Publishing 
PRS CS

[Acknowledge] [Dispute]

I selected Acknowledge since it's true this is a performance of a copyrighted work. But I thought Amanda's music was published by Eight Foot Music? Has some other publisher claimed it incorrectly? I checked the Dispute options and there was nothing that fit that scenario, plus I wasn't sure if there might be some relationship between Eight Foot & Kobalt.

Sorry if I missed any answers to this that are already on here. I did search the forum but couldn't find anything that seemed to fit.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?

Given AFP's previous record on things like this, I'm gonna guess it's a trigger-happy
hired-gun copyright-enforcement troll.  Whatever the source, it's Amanda's call from
here. I wonder if you can sue someone for trying to enforce your copyright without
your permission...
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Venetia

Thanks. They didn't appear to want to take the video down, my video manager just lists it as "Acknowledged third party content."

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?

Did you click to play the "matched content"? It sounds like some automated web
crawler 'listened' to your video and thought it sounded like something else.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Venetia

I did, but it was just the content from my own video, part way through Amanda's performance of the song. So I've got no way of knowing what they matched it to. Never mind, it doesn't seem to have caused any problems so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up