THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full video of Amanda's BIGSOUND Q&A  (Read 1575 times)

SydneyMaisano

• -672-
  • Brian signing my Dresden Dolls vest. Oct 7th 2013
    • green as sin
Full video of Amanda's BIGSOUND Q&A
« on: September 14, 2013, 12:24:48 AM »

The video of Amanda's Keynote/Q&A she did a few days ago in Australia is posted in this link.
 Great answers all the way through. plus a neon green suit

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2013/09/13/bigsound-watch-amanda-palmer-talk-about-getting-naked/#.UjJ5LRcbYAM.twitter

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
Re: Full video of Amanda's BIGSOUND Q&A
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 05:33:53 AM »

thank so much for sharing the links. I will check them out later. Are the neon suit and red gloves explained at some point?

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:46:09 AM »

the neon suit and gloves were bought at a thrift shop in perth and have been traveling with me though australia for kicks.

this interview was actually more difficult in retrospect than it was in the moment. it was only after doing it that i realized how nervous the dude was before talking....because he was planning on dropping the "i gave your album a one star review" bomb on me and was sort of ready to duck for cover.

i think i handled it quite well.

if he'd given theatre is evil a one star review, i might have had a cringe-ier reaction.

i had wanted to get marieke hardy to do this interview. bummer that she couldn't come.

the night after this (maybe two nights after?), i did an event in sydney that was the exact same format - except that the crowd wasn't asleep and the interviewer wasn't combative. it's amazing what you can cover in an hour when the flow is there. i'll post that one when it's up (or someone will).

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PM »

the outfit was amazing! I can understand what you're saying about the interview though. I was watching this, and you were leaving so many hints on interesting topics that would take the discussion on a whole new different level, yet he was missing all of them, focusing on what he had written in front of him. I don't think I've ever seen you not handling negativity or awkwardness well though.

EDIT
I generally find myself in situations having to defend the down under album, and I don't like that fact. People tend to focus on the title and the fact that it's a collection of live recordings and covers, and also on you not promoting it as your sophomore solo album, and consider it a novelty record and neglect the fact that some of your best songs are in it. Furthermore, the collabs have brought amazing artists to my attention. I've followed and backed Tom Dickins after being in tears while listening to Bad wine for the first time. I've been obsessed with Mikelangelo and the blacksea gentlemen, after the awesomeness that is the Formidable Marinade. Plus if you'd ever release a greatest hits record I'm sure In my mind would be on the tracklist. And personally I have a soft spot for Doctor Oz because it fuses together your Dresden Dolls era with your solo style perfectly.

SydneyMaisano

• -672-
  • Brian signing my Dresden Dolls vest. Oct 7th 2013
    • green as sin
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 05:24:04 PM »

Yeah to be completely honest, it seemed a little odd that he brought that up. And I think it caught him completely off guard that you asked him why he didn't like it. But the whole time you could tell he was super nervous. You can see his hands shaking all through it. I hope the other interview pops up soon. I've seen some pictures from it, and that also has a great outfit hahaha

And regarding the down under record. It's awesome. that is all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up