THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: An evening with Amanda Palmer Cambridge U.k  (Read 3557 times)

ladygrey

An evening with Amanda Palmer Cambridge U.k
« on: September 29, 2013, 05:57:28 PM »

I'm really confused about this event : http://www.junction.co.uk/artist/5916
It's in my home city of Cambridge England but i've not seen any posters advertising it, seen mention of it on AFP's twitter and it's not posted on her upcoming tour dates or website, yet it's somehow sold out.
There must be a secret underground movement of psychic Amanda fans all around me as i walk down the street everyday is the only explanation i can come up with.
Is anyone her going to this/have spare tickets (1 or 2) they can sell to me? I've wanted to see her visit my home city for so long i really want to go

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
Re: An evening with Amanda Palmer Cambridge U.k
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 06:23:55 AM »

I'm going with a dear friend of mine, she got tickets for both of us. I think it was announced in the Junction's newsletter to members and there were only 100 places so it sold out almost immediately. I'm sure as the date approaches if any more seats are available Amanda will mention it somewhere. Also if there is high demand maybe she would consider doing a ninja gig during the day for those who didn't get the chance to buy tickets for the event. I hope either way you get to see her!

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »

Long shot but.
sometimes there are tickets available from people in the line before a show.

People often can't make it at the last minute.

And it's fun to hang out with AFP fans.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 03:56:04 PM »

hate to be a shameless self-promoting bitch, but i have an afp blog on tumblr: http://wearethemedia.tumblr.com

and i am pretty good at being on top of things, and post about things as soon as they are announced, since yeah sometimes even team afp are a couple of days behind... and i did post about this while there were still tickets left ;)

ladygrey

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 07:40:41 PM »

Hi Alex It's Marla, i met you in Manchester last year :) i should read your blog :(
I may go to the venue on the day and see if anyone has spares, at least i can say hi to other AFP fans if nothing else.
Thanks for the replies

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 08:45:21 PM »

oh! you had the really awesome bed song jacket?

it's possible there will be people with spares, or maybe even the box office might have a few leftover tickets? if you're close by it's definitely worth going along on the offchance :)

ladygrey

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »

I LOVE that you remember my bedsong jacket-that's made my year :0) i will go and linger outside the venue and hope for spares :) hope you are well ? xxx

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 04:40:06 AM »

I will have my white mahalo ukulele with me.If you spot me in the queue come say hi!

ladygrey

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 05:30:08 AM »

I will do :) I'm happy to come and hang out with other AFP fans even if i don't get a ticket. Do you know what kind of time people are likely to start turning up? Many thanks

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 10:08:56 AM »

It was such a fantastic day, and an ever greater evening. Marla it was amazing spending the day woth you, I'm so glad you made it in! Leila I'm looking forward to spending more time with you in Brussels. You'll get to meet more amazing people of our group there!

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 01:59:15 PM »

I LOVE that you remember my bedsong jacket-that's made my year :0) i will go and linger outside the venue and hope for spares :) hope you are well ? xxx
of course i remember! that jacket was one of the coolest fan-made things i've ever seen. i am well thank you! looking forward to seeing AFP again in a couple of weeks... :D and i'm guessing by nikos's post you managed to get in? i'm really happy for you <3

and leila, i wasn't there but i'll be with nikos and a whole bunch of other people (i think some of them might have been there last night...) in brussels, so i look forward to meeting you there :D

ladygrey

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 05:24:56 AM »

Aw thank you, i loved making that jacket. It really was an amazing day, i wore my WKAP hoodie so that i'd be visible to other fans and Niko came up and said hello. It was weird being at an amanda show without you Alex!

The day was so amazing, i love that AFP fans just talk and are so open and real with one another. After a while i wasn't even checking twitter for tickets anymore, i was just enjoying the day so much. I got in very last minute, and couldn't believe it :)
So nice to meet everyone

ladygrey

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »

I'm definitely wanting to more shows next time she tours and that's largely because the AFP community is so welcoming and wonderful :)

ladygrey

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »

Did anyone happen to know what the full setlist was from this night? I want to write about it but it's a blur in the most wonderful way so putting it together into something coherent isn't happening without remembering some kind of order to the evening :)

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »

In My Mind
Map of Tasmania
Gaga, Palmer, Madonna
The Thing About Things
Astonaut
Jump (Neil)
Neil read April and October tales and then The day the Saucers came
Q+A
The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side (Magnetic Fields Cover)
Nothing Compares 2 U/Wrecking Ball mashup
Ukulele Anthem

O0
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up