THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fat Shaming  (Read 2215 times)

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
Fat Shaming
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:35:28 AM »

Is there a reason this is still such a big fucking deal?

The reason I am bringing this up is because of last week. There is a man named Roosh. Now Roosh hates women because they won't sleep with him because he has a tiny flaccid dick. So, he decided it was time to make fat women feel like shit. Notice how i say fat women.  Fat men are fine, fat women are not.

Now I am not obese but I'm not skinny either.  I know being healthy is important. I try to work out and I drink water. However, I like my body. Yes, it's not perfect but it's my body. It's the only one I have and I will not be getting another one.  So why is it wrong for me to be comfortable in my own skin? Why is that sin? And why are only women targeted?

Is it bad for me to be upset that misogyny still has a place in society? Am I asking too much for that 5% of frat boys to just disappear? No one will comment on this probably but I Just wanted to rant because it bothered me. Thank you
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
Re: Fat Shaming
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 09:47:16 AM »

you can have a small penis or boobs and that's fine. Learn to love yourself and accept the things you cannot change. People who won't sleep with you because of your small penis or boobs are narrow minded to say the least. Being a fat man or a fat woman is also fine in the sense that you can be whoever you want to be, as long as you actually WANT to be that way and you're no harming anyone. Healthwise though being fat is definitely not fine. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I hate fat shaming with all my heart. But it's also put me in a position where wanting to look good means that I also get to be healthy.

Now Roosh hates women because they won't sleep with him because he has a tiny flaccid dick.

Is that your own personal comment, or just an observation of a given fact? Either way, comments like that are degrading, and basicaly belong to the same category as fat shaming.

Mockery

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 03:53:33 PM »

Now Roosh hates women because they won't sleep with him because he has a tiny flaccid dick.

Is that your own personal comment, or just an observation of a given fact? Either way, comments like that are degrading, and basicaly belong to the same category as fat shaming.
Sorry, that was the rage talking. I know, not an excuse.  It know hating him is pointless

I have 47 Indja Points

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »

Sorry, that was the rage talking. I know, not an excuse.  It know hating him is pointless

It's weird if you think his reaction might also be coming from a place of anger instead of actual hate. Also many times people try to combat their own insecurities by pointing to others. I try to use negative critisism as a way to better myself. If it comes unjustified or from a bad source then I try to ignore it. Of course there are always times when you can only feel hurt/betrayed/deeply affected by rude criticism. But one must pick when they should be affected and when they should just close their ears to negativity and move on.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »

Is not because you are fat that you are unhealthy. If you have an active life, if you eat proper, you will probably be healthier than those who are skinny but only eat junk food or have bad habits.
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

Mockery

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 11:03:43 PM »

It's weird if you think his reaction might also be coming from a place of anger instead of actual hate. Also many times people try to combat their own insecurities by pointing to others. I try to use negative critisism as a way to better myself. If it comes unjustified or from a bad source then I try to ignore it. Of course there are always times when you can only feel hurt/betrayed/deeply affected by rude criticism. But one must pick when they should be affected and when they should just close their ears to negativity and move on.
I think I'm more disappointed. Shouldn't people be done with sort of shit? It's just so trival

I have 47 Indja Points

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 02:18:29 PM »

People make a lot of preconceived judgements on other people because of how bodies are shaped.  I think it's a general social self centeredness that makes people believe that sort of thing.   
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

Mockery

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »

People make a lot of preconceived judgements on other people because of how bodies are shaped.  I think it's a general social self centeredness that makes people believe that sort of thing.
So I am asking too much for people to use their brains instead of their eyes?

I have 47 Indja Points

sangrebloom

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 10:04:47 PM »

Sometimes I feel that it's a resounding "Yes, it's too much" because it's so rare to find someone to treat someone kindly...or even affectionately when you're bigger.  Sometimes, I get mad too but it leaves me hollow inside.   I get where NicosGr is coming from, but I also feel that it feels like being bigger leaves you surrounded by people not willing to see you as a person.  The isolation of it makes harder to go through every day when everyone's quick jab at you is something about your weight. 
I laugh most times, I joke like 'yeah, I'm short for my weight.' or 'nothing accentuates the slimness of my ankles like the width of my thigh.'
I remind myself that there are people that care, people that will love and I deserve those people, not the ones that would cast me off as 'the fat one' 
I had to google pegging.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo

sangrebloom

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 04:45:22 AM »

I read that.  I had really mixed feelings for her situation, but over all happy for her resolve.
I had to google pegging.

Mockery

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 11:37:46 AM »

I have 47 Indja Points
Pages: [1]   Go Up