THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Stateman Article  (Read 1155 times)

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
New Stateman Article
« on: October 28, 2013, 08:41:31 AM »

This week's special edition of NewStateman is edited by Russell Brand and Amanda wrote a beautiful 2000-word piece called "Drinking with your fans". I think this could be a small preview of what we should expect from the book. You can buy the magazine online if you're not in the UK. Or read it here.

EDIT: just saw amanda's post on tumblr including pix and the following text
this is the current issue of the @NewStatesman, guest edited by Russell Brand. i was invites to write a 2,000-word piece about the relationship between me & the fanbase. i’m incredibly proud of it, and gobsmacked to be in print with people like noam chomsky, will self, diablo cody, molly crabapple, naomi klein and other heavy-hitting artists, thinkers and writers. the cover art is by shepard fairey.

special thanks to all the people who gave me permission to share their stories, helped me write it and acted as editors: jason webley, yana allum, tom dickins, chris cunningham, mary siggs, neil gaiman, jamy ian swiss and maria davhana headley (who was my inal word-count ninja).

it’s on stands all over the UK…
If your local shop is sold out, download: https://t.co/a8JksTZQso or order it: newstatesman.com/russellbrand

*random personal story*

It is a beautiful piece and I read it on saturday as I was on the train going to the house party. I had my ukulele with me as well. When I got to the end I shed a tear and the guy sitting opposite my seat asked if I were ok. I told him that I just got really emotional over the article, and he said he was worried, because no person carrying such a happy instrument as a ukulele should be unhappy. I thanked him and before leaving the train we hugged. I told the story to Amanda at the party and I received an extra hug after this

I love how many random human connections I've experienced all these years that I'm following Amanda. On the AFP App the main page is named 'community' and that's the ideal word to describe the fanbase.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
Re: New Stateman Article
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:13:18 AM »

Thanks for sharing.

I also like the word "tribe" for us all.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
Re: New Stateman Article
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:23:03 AM »

Amanda knows how to describe her kind of crowd funding now.
Not at all surprised.  She just kept working on it.

Thanks to Yana, and everyone else who helped shape this article.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up