THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vienna Show  (Read 1289 times)

Miss Sahara

Vienna Show
« on: November 14, 2013, 08:34:43 PM »

it's 2.30 am and i just got home from the 10th time seeing amanda in 7 years.

Gaawd i have missed chatty-Amanda (solo) shows......................

i'll try to remember the setlist if anyone is interested. has anyone else been there?

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
Re: Vienna Show
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 05:05:25 AM »

The first time I saw Amanda was in Vienna. Such a fantastic audience and show. I'd love to read more about how it was last night and the setlist of course. I'm glad you had a fantastic time!

Miss Sahara

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »

Amanda's set was part of a local singer/songwriter festival in a relatively small jazz club with great atmosphere! me and my friends found spots on the balcony and when i came back from the toilet during the performance of the artist who was on before amanda (sarah jackson holman...piano, loop machine plus bassist...if you're into that kind of music!) , my spot was taken by amanda watching the show :-D i didn't dare say anything fan-girlyish to her, though... anyay, when she took the stage later she started with an a cappella song i unfortunately didn't recognize but her stage presence made the room shut up at once and listen curiously. then she went on to collect song requests on little papers of whcih she played a lot, both on piano and ukulele. there were lots of stories inbetween. she started her set at 11pm. and told us that curfew was at 1 am. ...she asked the audience for the time a few times but no one would tell her (not even the festival people at the side of the stage) and i think everyone was really tired, even herself...but the audience couldn't get enough of her, obviously, and she being her performed fantastically and beautifully until 1.45...

songs performed (as far as i remember), but in mostly wrong order:

acappella song (?)
the killing type
runs in the family
Two headed boy
ukulele anthem
ampersand
astronaut
bed song
missed me
seeräuber jenny
berlin
coin operated boy
gaga palmer madonna
in my mind
bigger on the inside
walk on the wild side (lou reed cover perfomed with members of all groups of that night)

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

I considered attending this show as well but it was too expensive for me to go. I'm really glad you had an amazing time!I saw some videos on youtube, and it seems like it was a beautiful show!

Miss Sahara

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 06:08:02 PM »

yes it definitely was! you are not from/in austria, right? i've considered going to shows in other places as well, but it was also too expensive for me... (and i'm already lucky to have seen her twice in vienna this year...). and oooh i haven't checked youtube yet...good idea!

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »

No I'm Greek, but for the last few months I've been living in the UK. Bur since Amanda has never visited Greece, the first time I saw her I chose one of the Vienna shows, just because I'd never been to Austria before and I'd found a cheap flight!

Faloleen

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 05:41:16 AM »

I also considered attending this show or the show in Berlin, but for the same reason as Nikos I didn't attend any of them.
I am glad you enjoyed the show, Miss Sahara, and thanks for sharing the setlist!
Fate is not a factor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up