THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook Q&A: Dec 26th  (Read 3191 times)

citizenoftheplanet

• Global Moderator
Facebook Q&A: Dec 26th
« on: December 26, 2013, 07:59:49 PM »

(cross-posted to http://wearethemedia.tumblr.com)

What made you decide to have awesome eyebrows? (from Natalka Alissa Xavier)
i shaved these suckers for the first time when i was in college (around 21)...i had just come back from living abroad and studying in germany and had a run of the mill nervous breakdown, during which i decided to shave every hair on my body except my pubes. including eyebrows. i was all roget waters.

sorry, hit send. anyway....while the eyebrows grew back, i squiggled them in with liquit eyeliner designes because i was a weirdo. and ... they grew back and that was that (the hair, however, took about two years to grow back).

What made you decide to come to Facebook? (from Eddie Wyatt)
a variety of things.

How are you supposed to keep up with hundreds of comments in a minute or two? (from Hrafn Black)
speed read, and skip a lot of it.

and also....i'm re=loading so the top comments filter up. i assume that people will like the comments they wnat me to answer (a la reddit)

how do you make your hair look so fabulous all the time? (from Sashia Lyubov Ousley)
haha. i actually just answered this over on tumblr:
http://amandapalmer.tumblr.com/post/70827146581/how-do-you-do-your-hair

Did this cute stingray help you relax while trying to work out FB? (from James Knox)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/s261x260/1464637_10202110654980850_633981389_n.jpg
i will keep this in mind

Can I have a hug please? (from Bee Anchor)
sure. here. (((((()))))))

How are you? (from Dana Remian)
i'm good. i'm scared. i'm in a weird transition time. neil and i are kind of moving and kind of homeless. i'm about to go to australia for the winter to work on a book that i don't know if i can write. and things are all up in the air in my head. so i am good, but i'm just sort of....anxious.

What's an album you love that we might not expect you to? (from Cooper Stimson)
avril lavigne: under my skin. i fucking love that record.

What's the best part of being married to Neil Gaiman? (from Mackenzie Witman)
the stability. his love is like a rock

How do I let go? (from Jenniffer L. Korsund Sloan)
love more

Will you marry me (from Sky Walker)
no

Eyebrows. Do you shave or wax them? (from Ilana Brudo)
my eyebrows? i shave them.

What books have influenced your life the most? (Schyler Martin)
this one: http://www.amazon.com/Dropping-Ashes-Buddha-Teachings-Master/dp/0802130526

do you even wear clothes? (from Yazmein Chowder)
only when forced

What size shoe do you wear? (from Ange Neve Solgat)
8.5 or 9. 39 european

why don't you come to canada more? (from Jordan Cleveland)
cold.

why do you never play any shows in the north of england? (from Daniel Moody)
cold

How was your Christmas? :) (from Laura Porto)
really nice. i spent it with neil and his kids (and one new step-daughter in law, who is awesome)

My sore throat and cough have killed my singing voice. How do you deal with chest colds? (from Andrea Civiera)
SLEEP. it's the only solution. last ditch: antibiotics. also, hydrate like fuck

Do you find yr professional life can be hindered by labels, e.g. Amanda Palmer, bisexual singer? Do you feel like critics want to stick you in one box, so to speak? (from Sue Bernardi Johnson)
yes.

did you know that your Facebook posts won't show up on everyone who 'likes' your page's timeline every single time?

I don't really know the ins and outs but it's something you might want to know if you didn't already. (from Julie Price)

yes, i know. and i think that is totally fucked up. it is why i won't rely on facebook.

Favorite soap? (from Paul Fox)
currently i am digging the lush shower gels. THEY JIGGLE

How happy are you on a scale of 1-10 right now? :p (from Shrekkie Sparrow Wekkie)
i'm about a 7

How comes you can use Twitter and you fail Facebook, dear?
And how much you think it'll take to deliver another lovely album to your adoring audience? Or, at least, what can we do to give you enough ideas.
And, by the way, how are things? (from Lorenzo Vargas)

i'm currently trying to work out how to put out music. it's getting weird in my head, but when i emerge, i think i have an amazing plan that will change everything.

Have you ever had an operation? Like tonsils appendix gallbladder? (from Katelyn E Hennessy)
yes...about four years ago i had vocal nodes removed. full knock out surgery.

Do you totally hate Facebook already? >.< (from Isabella Mella Art)
actually, i'm quite enjoying it

Bourbon or Scotch (from Frank Izaguirre)
BOURBON. hate scotch. and my family is from the island that makes talisker. i am the shame of the family

Have you ever thought of making another Dresden Doll album? (from Lea Rashay Barbary)
yes.

What are your most favorite and least favorite aspects of poly? (from Shoshana Levin)
i prefer "open" to "poly",,,neil and i don't actually maintain huge other relationships (at least, for the time being). pro? more love. con? more chances for hurt. pro: feels realer. con: takes energy.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
Re: Facebook Q&A: Dec 26th
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 11:23:56 PM »

Thanks for getting this started. Amanda added some more answers and answered some more questions. Here's the full text:

What made you decide to have awesome eyebrows? (from Natalka Alissa Xavier)
i shaved these suckers for the first time when i was in college (around 21)...i had just come back from living abroad and studying in germany and had a run of the mill nervous breakdown, during which i decided to shave every hair on my body except my pubes. including eyebrows. i was all roget waters.

sorry, hit send. anyway....while the eyebrows grew back, i squiggled them in with liquit eyeliner designes because i was a weirdo. and ... they grew back and that was that (the hair, however, took about two years to grow back).

then about 5 years later, i was in the early days of the dresden dolls, and brian and i decided to go to a marlene dietrich ball. there was a costume contest. marlene had no eyebrows. i shaved them again to look authentic. i lost the contest (that whole night was fucked) but i was now, again, eyebrowless.

so i squiggled them in again, expecting to do that until they gre back. but this time (maybe because i was a little more social and open-minded than i was when i was 21)...people really admired them and commented on them everywhere i went. vanity won. i kept them. that was, holy shit....like....13 years ago.

i wonder what the fuck my eyebrows would look like if i grew them in. urban myth says they'd be like ///||\\||/\/ all fucked up. we may never know. neil recently told me that he thought my eyebrows made me look old. i was like FUCK YOU DUDE.

next question. this is fun

What made you decide to come to Facebook? (from Eddie Wyatt)
a variety of things.
first of all: i was tired of feeling out of family loops. my family (eeeek) communicates on here, and i started feeling this sad feeling when i would hear my family members say "oh yes, we watched that whole event play out on facebook" and i'd be like 'why didn't someone call? or email? or...tell me"?

also: i run a business. i think tumblr and twitter are amazing for certain things, but i think there are just MORE of my people on facebook right now, engaged, than most other places. and i don't have the right team to come in here and do business for me. so doing it myself is, for now, the way to go. i can already smell my own demise. i spend WAY too much fucking time on the internet as it is and i can already tell this is going to SUCK ME THE FUCK IN COMPLETELYYYYY YY AHSD AJDHASJ FWGFJDGHJAHSDGFJASDHFA

How are you supposed to keep up with hundreds of comments in a minute or two? (from Hrafn Black)
speed read, and skip a lot of it.

and also....i'm re=loading so the top comments filter up. i assume that people will like the comments they wnat me to answer (a la reddit)

how do you make your hair look so fabulous all the time? (from Sashia Lyubov Ousley)
haha. i actually just answered this over on tumblr:
http://amandapalmer.tumblr.com/post/70827146581/how-do-you-do-your-hair

Did this cute stingray help you relax while trying to work out FB? (from James Knox)

i will keep this in mind

Can I have a hug please? (from Bee Anchor)
sure. here. (((((()))))))

How are you? (from Dana Remian)
i'm good. i'm scared. i'm in a weird transition time. neil and i are kind of moving and kind of homeless. i'm about to go to australia for the winter to work on a book that i don't know if i can write. and things are all up in the air in my head. so i am good, but i'm just sort of....anxious.

What's an album you love that we might not expect you to? (from Cooper Stimson)
avril lavigne: under my skin. i fucking love that record.

What's the best part of being married to Neil Gaiman? (from Mackenzie Witman)
the stability. his love is like a rock

How do I let go? (from Jenniffer L. Korsund Sloan)
love more

Will you marry me (from Sky Walker)
no

Eyebrows. Do you shave or wax them? (from Ilana Brudo)
my eyebrows? i shave them.

What books have influenced your life the most? (Schyler Martin)
this one: http://www.amazon.com/Dropping-Ashes-Buddha-Teachings-Master/dp/0802130526

do you even wear clothes? (from Yazmein Chowder)
only when forced

What size shoe do you wear? (from Ange Neve Solgat)
8.5 or 9. 39 european

why don't you come to canada more? (from Jordan Cleveland)
cold.

why do you never play any shows in the north of england? (from Daniel Moody)
cold

How was your Christmas? :) (from Laura Porto)
really nice. i spent it with neil and his kids (and one new step-daughter in law, who is awesome)

My sore throat and cough have killed my singing voice. How do you deal with chest colds? (from Andrea Civiera)
SLEEP. it's the only solution. last ditch: antibiotics. also, hydrate like fuck

Do you find yr professional life can be hindered by labels, e.g. Amanda Palmer, bisexual singer? Do you feel like critics want to stick you in one box, so to speak? (from Sue Bernardi Johnson)
yes.

did you know that your Facebook posts won't show up on everyone who 'likes' your page's timeline every single time?
I don't really know the ins and outs but it's something you might want to know if you didn't already. (from Julie Price)

yes, i know. and i think that is totally fucked up. it is why i won't rely on facebook.

Favorite soap? (from Paul Fox)
currently i am digging the lush shower gels. THEY JIGGLE

How happy are you on a scale of 1-10 right now? :p (from Shrekkie Sparrow Wekkie)
i'm about a 7

How comes you can use Twitter and you fail Facebook, dear?
And how much you think it'll take to deliver another lovely album to your adoring audience? Or, at least, what can we do to give you enough ideas.
And, by the way, how are things? (from Lorenzo Vargas)

i'm currently trying to work out how to put out music. it's getting weird in my head, but when i emerge, i think i have an amazing plan that will change everything.

Have you ever had an operation? Like tonsils appendix gallbladder? (from Katelyn E Hennessy)
yes...about four years ago i had vocal nodes removed. full knock out surgery.

Do you totally hate Facebook already? >.< (from Isabella Mella Art)
actually, i'm quite enjoying it

Bourbon or Scotch (from Frank Izaguirre)
BOURBON. hate scotch. and my family is from the island that makes talisker. i am the shame of the family

Have you ever thought of making another Dresden Doll album? (from Lea Rashay Barbary)
yes.

What are your most favorite and least favorite aspects of poly? (from Shoshana Levin)
i prefer "open" to "poly",,,neil and i don't actually maintain huge other relationships (at least, for the time being). pro? more love. con? more chances for hurt. pro: feels realer. con: takes energy.

what was your inspiration for coin operated boy? (from Keira McMillen)
it was actually inspired by driving by a coin-operated laundromat in the south end of boston, seeing the sign, and getting the phrase "coin operated boy" stuck in my head attached to a really catchy hook. and i thought: that's a great song idea. it'll be about someone who wants a total lack of intimacy: the perfect partner. it's not, and never was, about a sex toy.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Terina

• Giver-Taker
    • Tumblr - anothersaturdaymorning
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:24:00 AM »

Thanks very much guys!!! I tried to read them all on facebook, but it was quite confusing. Here it's much much much better.

NikosGr

• Hidalgo
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »

I missed the whole thing so it's good to find it all gothered in one place. Thanks to both of you!

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:22:59 PM »

I've added this Q&A to the "twitter Q&A" thread in the General Discussion board of this forum, and just posted the second FB Q&A Amanda did yesterday.
http://www.theshadowbox.net/forum/index.php?topic=8206.msg482668#msg482668

From here on, let's keep these Q&A's together in that central thread - while named for the twitter Q&As, I think it's cool to keep 'em all together in one place, as an on-going document of the social media interviews :)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP
Pages: [1]   Go Up