THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kickstarter for a bad ass production of HAMLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 991 times)

Judith Shakespeare

So, I love that you have this "Shameless promotion" thread. Awesome.

I intend to direct a production of Hamlet with a brand new theater company I've started called Clever Enough. Here's our website: www.cleverenough.org

I have a long history of theater and a long history with Hamlet. I've shared my ideas with professionals (a Ph.d in Theater Arts, and other theater professors) and I got VERY positive feedback. So, in short, this show is getting great reviews--before it's even cast!  :coolsmiley:   

I'd love your help in making this happen.

Make no mistake. Shakespeare isn't for stuffy people--it's for us! For everyone! He was a revolutionary! This play shows how political corruption and family problems are intertwined. This play has brought hope and inspiration to many. Please join me in making this happen. I could say so much more but I allow to view the kickstarter page and I'd love to answer any questions! Thanks everyone.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1411870630/hamlet-0?ref=live

PS, if you can't donate I'd love for you to share it.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
Re: Kickstarter for a bad ass production of HAMLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »

Please post the Facebook page(s)/post(s) and twitter account/posts for this kickstarter.

Makes it must easier to share publicize and share it.

If you haven't already, tweet the Kickstarter to Amanda twitter.
Some chance, she'll re-tweet it.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
Re: Kickstarter for a bad ass production of HAMLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 04:09:58 PM »

Hey just some advice for your kickstarter.

First off: I doubt you're going to make the money. But you can try again :)

I'd skip the talking about who's working and who you talked to, etc etc. I was curious about your project and wanted to know why you choose Hamlet, and what the difference was. I ended up closing the window because the video was so long and had too much information that wasn't really relevant.

Try to convince your potential backer in 2 - 3 minutes. Don't use loud music that'll drown out your voice. And you don't have to name the things the money will go to (you can do that later for the backers, it's not relevant until someone is giving you money).

If you can, borrow a better camera/mic with less hiss (maybe some friends, or you can rent them for cheap somewhere?).

I think those things will help the kickstarter a lot. Your topic here seemed interesting, and this:

Make no mistake. Shakespeare isn't for stuffy people--it's for us! For everyone! He was a revolutionary! This play shows how political corruption and family problems are intertwined. This play has brought hope and inspiration to many. Please join me in making this happen. I could say so much more but I allow to view the kickstarter page and I'd love to answer any questions! Thanks everyone.

Is stuff you need in your kickstarter video at the start (plus explanation what you are going to do to make it less for stuffy people).

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up