THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: the suicide thread  (Read 65218 times)

Faloleen

Re: the suicide thread
« Reply #465 on: March 05, 2014, 07:20:02 AM »

I first contemplated suicide when I was 10. World seemed too cruel and too complicated and I couldn't imagine I would be able to handle it. I had a happy childhood too but every time I heard about cruelty and violence and misery I thought that I don't want to deal with this world. I live a really happy life now but thinking about my death strangely calms me. Yesterday I had a very vivid dream about drowning myself and it was not a nightmare at all. I know it sounds strange. I am not depressed or anxious, I just think about suicide a lot as an option or something like that...?
Fate is not a factor.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #466 on: March 05, 2014, 06:24:07 PM »

I first contemplated suicide when I was 10. World seemed too cruel and too complicated and I couldn't imagine I would be able to handle it. I had a happy childhood too but every time I heard about cruelty and violence and misery I thought that I don't want to deal with this world. I live a really happy life now but thinking about my death strangely calms me. Yesterday I had a very vivid dream about drowning myself and it was not a nightmare at all. I know it sounds strange. I am not depressed or anxious, I just think about suicide a lot as an option or something like that...?
YES. Exactly how I feel. I know those drowning dreams, do you find them strangely relaxing? It's like sinking even deeper into sleep with water supporting you so you don't have to feel gravity or your body or something. Even though it's an option I almost certainly wont take, I find it calming to have it there, too.

EDIT: if anything, thinking about suicide makes me feel happier, because it reminds me that I have a choice, and that I'm choosing to live, I guess?
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Faloleen

« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2014, 07:16:58 AM »

YES. Exactly how I feel. I know those drowning dreams, do you find them strangely relaxing? It's like sinking even deeper into sleep with water supporting you so you don't have to feel gravity or your body or something. Even though it's an option I almost certainly wont take, I find it calming to have it there, too.

EDIT: if anything, thinking about suicide makes me feel happier, because it reminds me that I have a choice, and that I'm choosing to live, I guess?

Yes, thinking about suicide makes me happier because of this exact reason! I do not have to cope with life. But I choose to. It puts everything into a different perspective.

And the drowning dreams are soo relaxing!
It makes me happy to know I am not the only one who feels this way.
Fate is not a factor.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #468 on: March 08, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »

It makes me happy, too, it's actually pretty comforting :)
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #469 on: March 09, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »

i haven't had suicide thoughts in a while, BUT i keep dreaming about people i know (friends mostly) killing themselves. any idea what that means? i've dreamed about 4 people dying in the past two weeks or so. wtf.

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #470 on: March 11, 2014, 04:42:54 AM »

I used to dream about dying in a house fire.  I remember seeing it start and just walking to a bedroom window to look out of it, knowing I couldn't open the window and escape.
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

N.U.

• Initials... OF DOOM!
« Reply #471 on: March 11, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »

I've suffered from Chronic depression yet have never contemplated suicide.

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #472 on: March 13, 2014, 04:29:11 AM »

I have thought of reaching a place of non-existence. I thought(think still, sometimes) what would of been great to achieve
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #473 on: November 12, 2014, 07:35:22 AM »

A friend of mine committed suicide three weeks ago today. Last night, I sent a message to a friend of mine who has been distant lately, telling him that I loved him and that he was a brilliant person who I'm glad to have as a friend. I guess you could say I've been a bit mushy lately. He replied today, apologising for his absence and telling me he'd been very low-energy and stressed out following diagnosis of a pretty severe mental illness. According to my late night internet research, about 10% of people with this illness die by suicide. I don't know how to help him, besides listening to him and hoping he believes me when I tell him how much he means to me. I don't think I can stand to lose another friend.

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2014, 03:18:57 PM »

A friend of mine committed suicide three weeks ago today. Last night, I sent a message to a friend of mine who has been distant lately, telling him that I loved him and that he was a brilliant person who I'm glad to have as a friend. I guess you could say I've been a bit mushy lately. He replied today, apologising for his absence and telling me he'd been very low-energy and stressed out following diagnosis of a pretty severe mental illness. According to my late night internet research, about 10% of people with this illness die by suicide. I don't know how to help him, besides listening to him and hoping he believes me when I tell him how much he means to me. I don't think I can stand to lose another friend.

That's awful. We all here hope you don't lose another friend. Specially in this situation.
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32]  All   Go Up