THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will you help me take a play to Chicago Fringe?  (Read 772 times)

bex.ehrmann

Will you help me take a play to Chicago Fringe?
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:19:10 AM »

Hi, fellow Amanda Palmer fans! I finally got to meet Amanda last night, and I've been devouring her book for the last few hours. I feel so lucky to be a part of this family. Just wanted to say that I really love you all, even though we probably haven't met.

I'm here to shamelessly promote the play I'm currently working on. My co-writer and I would really like to take our play to the Chicago Fringe Festival and are currently crowd-funding on Indiegogo for the money to do so. (Once we raise the funds to cover our application and space fees, we'll start a separate Indiegogo to raise money to cover production costs.) Our play, "Charred," explores OCD through the structure of an epic play, using surrealism and fantasy to portray the struggle of coping with mental illness. My sister and I both have anxiety disorders, and our struggles with mental illness have forged us as people. Yet I have come across few plays that tackle this hard topic in an honest and sensitive way, through a lens that's creative but not sensationalistic. My co-writer and I are passionate about using theatre as a platform for conversation and believe that this play could really benefit our community.

It would mean to much to me if you could pitch in a few dollars. Every little bit helps. We will be writing personalized thank-you letters to all contributors who provide their mailing address. Please help us create this work and share it with the world.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/charred-a-new-play#home
Pages: [1]   Go Up