THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ongoing Adventures of Ataraxia  (Read 8509 times)

Mali

• I STAB YOU
  • evilthoughtsevilthoughts
    • myspacorz
Re: The Ongoing Adventures of Ataraxia
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 02:21:33 AM »

Misunderstood comes to mind.

Awesome photo!
I just need a friend.
Mali-licious, if I was a boy I would want to be your boyfriend!

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 02:35:51 AM »

The younger kids will remember her for years to come :)

We've actually discussed that many times. The images and people we remember from our very early years are strangely influential. It's like magic. This sort of thing will never seem weird or negative to them. It might spark a creativity a child would have never developed. Who knows? Either way, I think creating magical, childhood impressions is a noble act.
That is one of the best bits about working in a toyshop now..... there are children as young as three how, specifically come into thje shop now to see the "pirate!" ..... the parents get confused sometimes when I explain that I dress like this normally, and I am not dressed up like a pirate for work.
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 08:03:31 AM »

So... some work on the adults too! Also a good and powerful act.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 09:43:52 AM »

She got fed up with it and left.

jdfu!

She is a better person than me, then.

Maybe I should wean myself off.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 08:35:22 AM »

The environment just lost its appeal for her. It had to do with philosophical differences. She has not disappeared. She has just gone elsewhere.

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
  • The Guy With The Blue Avatar
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 04:41:59 AM »

jdfu!

Actually, it seemed to be a mutual thing. Some members of The 'Box got on her case about her abrasive attitude, which she directed mostly at newbies who she felt were acting dumb or asking dumb questions, and then she got fed up with that, and split. To the best of my knowledge, she has not posted on this incarnation of The 'Box (edit: using her own account, since I've seen a few Tara posts made using Wyatt's account). Additionally, when Ms. Katherine Rose picked up the attitude slack after Tara left, pretty much the same thing happened, though I'm unsure as to whether or not she's also completely split from here.
What is a rebel? A man who says no. - Albert Camus

The King of Carrot Flowers

• 67 Indja Points
    • Surviving in a World of Stylish Peril
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 01:21:37 PM »

jdfu!

Actually, it seemed to be a mutual thing. Some members of The 'Box got on her case about her abrasive attitude, which she directed mostly at newbies who she felt were acting dumb or asking dumb questions, and then she got fed up with that, and split. To the best of my knowledge, she has not posted on this incarnation of The 'Box. Additionally, when Ms. Katherine Rose picked up the attitude slack after Tara left, pretty much the same thing happened, though I'm unsure as to whether or not she's also completely split from here.
I'm guilty of being n00bish around ataraxia. :(

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »

i'm really surprised something like this would be posted here, considering how much the Shadowbox is bad-mouthed on Violating Voices.  oh, and Katherine doesn't come here anymore, because she can't be fucked to deal with people she considers unworthy.

oh, and very cute article.  Tara's very talented, and i love the design of her new character Jasmine.  wish i had the ability to do stuff like that, but so far i hate my body too much.

Devery

• Tunnel-Visioneer
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 04:32:16 PM »

i'm really surprised something like this would be posted here, considering how much the Shadowbox is bad-mouthed on Violating Voices.  oh, and Katherine doesn't come here anymore, because she can't be fucked to deal with people she considers unworthy.

Why, oh why, would the good people over at Violating Voices waste their time and energy doing such a thing?  That seems a bit counter-productive and petty.   Also, Caddy, would you do me a huge favor?  Katherine said a few things about me in the early pages of "Who Would You Invite" that I have long wanted to use in my personal text area, but I forgot what it was.  As I recall it, it was something about me having a one-track mind.  I liked the exact wording of it.  Now that "the other forum" and Katherine have been brought to light here in this thread, it seems like an appropriate opportunity for me to follow up on this.  If you could post it here in this thread, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.
"The world is going to hell in a hand-basket, but it sure is nice up here on the hill."   A. Kujawa

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 04:44:02 PM »

Why, oh why, would the good people over at Violating Voices waste their time and energy doing such a thing?  That seems a bit counter-productive and petty.   Also, Caddy, would you do me a huge favor?  Katherine said a few things about me in the early pages of "Who Would You Invite" that I have long wanted to use in my personal text area, but I forgot what it was.  As I recall it, it was something about me having a one-track mind.  I liked the exact wording of it.  Now that "the other forum" and Katherine have been brought to light here in this thread, it seems like an appropriate opportunity for me to follow up on this.  If you could post it here in this thread, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Quote from: Katherine
Devery is able to write, which is, unfortunately, a rarity. However, she suffers from a pretty chronic case of tunnel-vision.

Kovacs

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »

Dramarama. Building! Gasp!

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 05:08:52 PM »

not really.  i doubt anybody cares what the people on VV say about them (except for Devery, i guess).  i just think it's really weird that something about Tara would get posted on a place she pretty much hates.

is...is that irony, or something?

Kovacs

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 05:13:33 PM »

It is a bit strange.

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 06:55:10 PM »

It's not strange at all considering the creator of this thread.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 08:32:26 PM »

Fucking hell... thank you, cheese man.

I am a shadowboxer. Ataraxia is my girlfriend. If someone else was my girlfriend, I would speak of their significant happenings too. Also, I wouldn't consider what a few people say in a group to be the testament of the entire forum. Tara doesn't hate shadowbox. She just wants something it can't offer. I don't hate Shadowbox. I post here regularly.

It's weird I would post it here? Why does anybody post about their significant others? Why would I refrain here? Believe it or not, there are shadowboxers I like, she likes and we like who are not members of Violating Voices.

Now, if I was to post it to Len's PM box... that would be weird.
- shica         is at least decent enough to block people i don't want to talk to. says:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up