THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ongoing Adventures of Ataraxia  (Read 8757 times)

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
Re: The Ongoing Adventures of Ataraxia
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2008, 03:38:24 PM »

A thanks from her for the sentiment...
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2008, 05:41:09 AM »

Also, Caddy, I posted about Tara's appearance in the article on several forums. It's a by-product of being happy about someone you love.

well, that's just downright insulting, now isn't it?  to say i have no clue about how one reacts when in a situation where somebody i love is involved.  Wyatt, pretending like you don't see my point, doesn't invalidate my point.  ultimately i'm right, and you're wrong.  challenge it all you want, it's pretty short-sighted/lame to post something wonderfully positive on a board where Tara would probably have verbally stomped on over half the people congratulating her right now.

whether or not you're a shadowboxer, your subject of interest hates shadowboxers.  the irony that people she would have comdemned giving her positive feedback like this, actually serves to make it more hilarious, and less strange.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2008, 11:34:25 AM »

I do see your point, but I can't behave any differently. I like to share things about my life and my world. Tara happens to be a huge part of that and a part I quite enjoy sharing. I also think you might want to go look at threads in which Tara has posted things about her performance art... here, the old box and elsewhere. She shared because it made her happy. Some people responded in a positive way, and they still do. You are misrepresenting exactly what it was Tara mocked... and whom. Tara wasn't even being combative or mean when she left Shadowbox. If you go back, most of the interactions were perfectly amicable in nature.

So, short-sighted? As in there being some sort of fallout I failed to predict? Yours? You were flipping out at almost everyone over almost anything on VV. There were a half dozen subjects that could not be discusses because you were in "seek and destroy" three weeks out of five. You pressed to have your account de-activated, and you finally won. The fact that you carry some of whatever it is going on in your head over here is not something I failed to predict. It's just irrelevant.

And lame? It's communicating a positive thing because I feel like it. The fact that you see it as lame says more about where you're coming from than it does about my sharing.

I'm also looking for where I said you "have no clue about how one reacts when in a situation where somebody i love is involved."

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2008, 12:14:53 PM »

ah, you know...i had a bunch of stuff here just now, but...this conversation isn't really worth my time anymore.  it's just too silly now.  you've resorted to insult and backhandedly using things against me, when i'm just making a simple point.  which is still right.  sorry, but your soapbox doesn't effect me.

o_O'

har.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2008, 12:52:51 PM »

You're angry because you think Tara is ignoring you on MSN. Caddy... you messaged her at 5AM, and her away message was up. She is not always at her machine.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 12:14:26 AM »

*blinks*  for one,...no, i didn't message her at 5am.  for two, i'm not angry about that, and i certainly wouldn't drag it here if that were the case.  that's what an IM is for.  duh?

i'm not even angry.  i'm more disappointed in your inability to see outside of your own stale argument.  oh wait, now that you're flailing, i guess next i'm only doing this because i want to fuck BillH, and send all the Mexicans back to Mexico, right?  man, your train of thought isn't just derailed, it's been driven off an exploded bridge, into the canyons, rigged with dynamite, and detonated.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 03:47:05 AM »

Right. I want to discuss my girlfriend, and you think that's lame and wrong. Perfectly reasonable Caddy. There couldn't possibly be anything else fueling your ire.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 11:17:50 PM »

ummm...no, there really isn't.  why can't i just fucking have an opinion about it?  is that too much for you to handle?  and what ire?  where?  where do you see this ire?  *searches*

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
  • The Guy With The Blue Avatar
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »

ummm...no, there really isn't.  why can't i just fucking have an opinion about it?  is that too much for you to handle?  and what ire?  where?  where do you see this ire?  *searches*

::wades into the fray::  Perhaps you're a little TOO opinionated? Wyatt has made some good points here.
What is a rebel? A man who says no. - Albert Camus

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2008, 10:51:20 PM »

::wades into the fray::  Perhaps you're a little TOO opinionated? Wyatt has made some good points here.

Wyatt's points don't negate my main point.  which has already been made.  so we can all move on now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up