THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: More emo shit.  (Read 8455 times)

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
More emo shit.
« on: September 05, 2008, 11:32:37 PM »

So well, today while wearing my Megadeth shirt I was called emo... WTF!!!... Megadeth is not fucking emo, this guy said the Dolls were so emo, and since they are one of my favorite bands... I am then an emo kid... really??? I didn´t knew the dolls were emo... and apparently Mindless Self Indulgence is emo too... the moment when I really got pissed off was when while wearing my "zebra shirt" (see the photos of you thread) I was called emo.... WTF!!! are stripes also emo?

What do you guys think, experiences with this same thing, thoughts, complainments, agreements?

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: More emo shit.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:32:39 AM »

You stupid emo kids always make such a big deal out of nothing...  sheesh!
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:35:53 AM »

^ checkmate  ^-^

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 01:34:13 AM »

The porker is probably emo themselves and denying it, durrr!
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 03:02:25 AM »

some little kids called me EMO.... since when has the 18th century been EMO?
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 10:24:36 AM »

The predominant personalities of the era are represented as being rather stoic, I thought.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 12:43:04 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

That made me laugh alot, what did you answer to those kids?

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 01:04:57 PM »

Pull out the flintlock and say, "don't make me get napoleon on your ass"?

jdfu!

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 02:04:25 PM »

Nice.

It used to be "hippie". Anything unconventional was "hippie". Artists were hippies. If you didn't dig pop radio, you were a hippie. There were a million ways to be a hippie.

We should come up with criteria for label designations.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »

Nice.

It used to be "hippie". Anything unconventional was "hippie". Artists were hippies. If you didn't dig pop radio, you were a hippie. There were a million ways to be a hippie.

You only think that 'cuz you're square...     :icon_rr: :crazy2: :icon_bigsmurf: :icon_jokercolor:

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 03:07:08 PM »

Probably they were trying to say "Anachronism," and their brains broke in the process.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

Golly Mina!

• Coughs and sneezes Spread diseases
  • 死んだ滞在だけ17永久に
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 03:25:48 PM »

God, I am fed up with all this emo frenzy. I, for one, believe that emo does not exist, or if it does, it's not what people think it is. My boyfriend is constantly being called "emo" in our high because he's an introvert and we don't hang around with the "cool" kids. But I'll post pics of him and he looks NOTHING like an emo person, nor does he act like one. People started this trend only because they can't cope with, nor understand diversity, and thus, feel the ardent desire and need to label. Ignorants.
suck my sunrise, bitchbrain.

Happiness is the longing for repetition.

tw2113

• Agent Semi-Intelligent
  • Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    • Michaelbox dot Net
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 03:35:23 PM »

Nice.

You only think that 'cuz you're square...     :icon_rr: :crazy2: :icon_bigsmurf: :icon_jokercolor:
Said the greaser :P

God, I am fed up with all this emo frenzy. I, for one, believe that emo does not exist, or if it does, it's not what people think it is. My boyfriend is constantly being called "emo" in our high because he's an introvert and we don't hang around with the "cool" kids. But I'll post pics of him and he looks NOTHING like an emo person, nor does he act like one. People started this trend only because they can't cope, nor understand diversity, and thus, feel the ardent desire and need to label. Ignorants.
At least part of it is all fashion. Labels suck and rule all at once too
There comes times in every man's life, where he must urinate. For me, now is one of those times, excuse me

roboticvampire

• James Morgane
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 06:10:39 AM »

When I was a lad, the term "emo" was used for kids who listened to Dashboard Confessional and dressed like the guys in Death Cab For Cutie.  Now that stuff has shifted to the blanket term of "indie" while the use of "emo" has expanded to include what used to be known as "scene" and "goth", and to a lesser extent "hipster" and the more gentler varieties of the "punk rock".  Those terms are still used, but primarily within the groups themselves (and frequently used in a negative context), while those looking from the outside of these subcultures prefer to use "emo".  What I find silly is that the same things we used to make fun of the traditional "emo" kids for, being overly emotional and self-destructive in order to get attention, has remained in this new definition.  It has just expanded to include forms of dress and music that used to be labeled as something else.  While it's annoying, it's bound to evolve into something else as fashion and music and the gestalt of angsty fifteen year olds changes.  Until then, either smile and let it go or resign yourself to spending some time in prison for assault.

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 01:19:34 PM »

Since about 300 years ago...

Mr. Anagrammatism

• YES WE CAN !!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »

Say, isn't that a portrait of the famous author Jane Emo who wrote "Little Goth Girls at the Orphanage Cutting Themselves?"

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 05:01:40 PM »

She's cute, but she's either only half-dressed, or her wardrobe is substantially later than 18th C.

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 11:37:58 AM »

That would be Ye Olde Emo
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

Edicius

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 10:41:38 PM »

People who dislike themselves very much may refer to anyone they believe is a better person than they by some popular term, like "emo", and attempt to seem derogatory. Such words that are sometimes considered to be an insult are often not insulting at all, when understood. People are often called "nerd", in the same context. Do you think they really believe intelligence is a bad thing to possess, or are they just desperately, and unsuccessfully seeking to make their fears of being inept invalid by referring to that which they admire, but don't possess, as a negative quality, thus making the opposity quality, which is the truly undesirable one, good.

I don't know, I'm not a psychologist, nor a lexicographer. But I'm fairly sure their tactics of empowering their self by reversing the definitions of admirable and detestable usually end badly.

pinzim

• Myspace
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 11:05:42 PM »

When I was at Best Buy today looking for a new computer. The salesman pointed out a laptop and said its nice and looks emo just because it was black and had a random design on it. Just because I was wearing black does not mean I am emo!!!! I ended up not getting that one and intead got the MacBook which I love to death.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 11:07:12 PM »

^ You are smart... macbook+ipod?

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 12:13:23 AM »

I don't know, I'm not a psychologist, nor a lexicographer. But I'm fairly sure their tactics of empowering their self by reversing the definitions of admirable and detestable usually end badly.
...unless you're running for public office against a "member of the intellectual elite".

(Then again, that has worked out pretty badly for the country so far...  Did you mean "not well" for the person
doing the reversing, or of everyone?)

.:The.Sophie:.

• Gettin High On The Ole' Scandii Air!
  • Wants The Fickle Little Bitch Romance!!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 07:49:52 PM »

I get called Emo for wearing black!
And then i'm like dude... you called me a goff (as chavs do find it hard to talk properly) yesterday!
Make up your damn mind how you shall insult me so i can come back with some quick-witted remark and make you look dumber than you already do!!
The Girls Are Crying And The Boys Are Masturbating!!

[[Amanda Palmer - February 4th!! DRAG! - February 9th!! The Rasmus - Feb 24th!! John Barrowman - May 18th!! Finland Trip & My 18th - August 24th!!]]

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 08:00:04 PM »

I get called 'emo' all the freaking time.
I have absolutely no idea why as I am quite sure I do not look or dress like one.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Rini Martini

• is not as callous as you think.
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »

God, I have the same problem. I've been called an emo, a goth, a grunger, a punk and a metalhead - all by the same people. It's unbelievable, no-one ACTUALLY understands these terms. All "alternative" music/fashion styles are just grouped together, so many people genuinely think they're all the same thing! It drives me crazy. I had such a hard time explaining the difference between goth and grunge to a chav yesterday...
'Hello, I'm good for nothing, would you love me just the same?'

Ecstasia

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 11:55:37 AM »

Can I ask what a 'chav' is?  Is it equivalent to prep or is it something entirely different?
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Rini Martini

• Myspace
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »

God, I have the same problem. I've been called an emo, a goth, a grunger, a punk and a metalhead - all by the same people. It's unbelievable, no-one ACTUALLY understands these terms. All "alternative" music/fashion styles are just grouped together, so many people genuinely think they're all the same thing! It drives me crazy. I had such a hard time explaining the difference between goth and grunge to a chav yesterday...

Can I ask what a 'chav' is?  Is it equivalent to prep or is it something entirely different?

It's an English slang term. 'CHAV' actually stands for 'Council House And Violent', but it's become a much more broadly used term. A chav is basically someone who hangs around in tracksuits, wearing "bling" and listening to "slow jamz".

A prime example:

.....See, imagine trying to explain the difference between Nirvana and Sisters of Mercy to her ^^

calanachronism

• FeaR iS tHe MiNd kiLLeR
    • MYspace
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 12:21:56 PM »

Likewise...emo(for wearing black & reading in public), goth(wearing black...again), grunge(torn jeans & alice in chains shirt...I enjoy variety in music...?), punk(heavy eyeliner and too many chains...?  or was it the rancid shirt...?) and metalhead(for wearing a motorhead shirt...what?)...along with hippie(for liking the beatles, led zeppelin and jimi hendrix and wearing a headband...?).  Do I have to dress exactly the same every single day...?  Can I not wear shirts with band names I enjoy on them...?  Can I not listen to variety without having labels put on me from each genre...?  Do I have to listen to corporate mainstream music...?  I cant stand the radio or watch any TV, so I refuse.  And trying to explain the difference is way too frustrating anyways...  And that by the way...is a prime photo example of a chav.   O0

chav    defined by the urban dictionary.  

"Oh the simple Chav, what a constant source of amusement you are!
Chavs are the dregs of human existence. They live merely to piss everyone else off with their love of crap clothing and manky gold jewellery.
They have taken the wearing of tracksuits and baseball caps to a new level of pikieness.
Chav girls (or chavettes) commonly sport the Croydon Facelift (hair pulled back in a bun so tight that it pulls their faces tight) with at least 6 dangly faux-gold earings in each ear. Also often seen pushing a pram round shopping centers while chain-smoking and wearing fake burberry or nasty velour tracksuits. A favourite accessory is a hideous gold articulated clown dangling from a thick gold chain around their pimply acne scarred necks.
Male chavs hang around in gangs spitting alot and trying to start fights with small children or anyone else that they could easily overpower (which really is just small children!). Once they are of driving age they obtain a clapped out old Nova or Metro and then spend a fortune (no one knows where this money comes from, it is one of the many mysteries of the chav) "maxing it up" with big wheels, sound systems and a huge "wanker pipe" exhaust. Chavs can be seen in any copy of Max Power magazine proudly displaying their efforts at automotive design - tossers."
..::aRt aNd desigN::..::cONFigURatiON::..::FigHtiNg bORedOM Via cReatiON::..

Ecstasia

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »

Ahhh... equivalent to the American wigger then.  Thanks.  I've heard tons of times, but never really understood what it was.
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Rini Martini

• Myspace
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 01:45:45 PM »

Ahhh... equivalent to the American wigger then.  Thanks.  I've heard tons of times, but never really understood what it was.

Basically a wigger! Certainly in the case of Miss Lady Sovereign, pictured above.

Although, having said that, you certainly don't have to be white to be a chav. You just need to adhere to chav criteria... Wear tracksuits, hoodies, bling, walk like you've got a limp, have a baby by the age of 14.... You get the jist of it.

^^Definitely still a chav.

Oh my God, I found a Punjabi chav!!:

Wowww.....

calanachronism

• MYspace
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 02:22:35 PM »

Oh my God, I found a Punjabi chav!!:

Wowww.....

Just because you said that...and posted that amazing photo of the Punjabi chav...  I had to bring this up...

Off subject...I know...but super entertaining! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0

lashingoutloud

• tramp
  • this text is personal
    • how to survive a horror movie (blog)
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »

A lot of things seem to fall into the category of "emo" for some reason.  I have not been called emo since my  freshman year of college when I was wearing a Bright Eyes shirt and my friend Eric said, "Hey, emo kid, are you feeling okay or is that shirt bringing you down?"

But, in a similar way, I have been asked several times if I was a vegetarian.  More than several times.  And, not in a kind way.  More like, "Oh, well, Danielle, what appetizer should we get -- oh, well, I guess there aren't many options since you're a vegetarian."  Which I'm not.  I wasn't sure what it was in any of the situations (at both of my jobs, out with friends), but when I asked a girl I worked with, she said, "It's that hippie-ness about you.  You know."  But no, I didn't.  I'm not actually a vegetarian (though I hang with a vegan crowd and think nothing wrong with it) and I am not a hippie.  At all, really. 

So, just, I don't know.  It's a strange thing, but a lot of people have very general ideas about "emo" and a lot of people fall right in to those categories.

“We all have ways of coping.  I have sex and awesomeness.”

calanachronism

• MYspace
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »

Back when I was typecasted as a hippie...I had many people think I was vegetarian...still do.  I believe it was mainly because I had long natural blonde hair...wavy at that...  Many of my friends, whether they be punk, metal, grunge, what have you, are vegetarian.  It's another label that is classified under a stereotype.  Hippie equals vegetarian...no.  Black clothing equals goth...no.  Side swept bangs equals emo...no.  Culture in general should not have to have a label put on it...  Wear what you want, eat what you want, be who you want and tell those chavs and other ignorants to educate themselves in something other than 'pop' culture and main stream media.

malcontent

• Taste the wealth of hate in me
    • Myspace
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »

It's an English slang term. 'CHAV' actually stands for 'Council House And Violent', but it's become a much more broadly used term. A chav is basically someone who hangs around in tracksuits, wearing "bling" and listening to "slow jamz".

A prime example:

.....See, imagine trying to explain the difference between Nirvana and Sisters of Mercy to her ^^

You better fucking leave my Lady Sovereign out of this!!!!

She is the sexiest wigger in the world. I want her box.... and I don't mean her beat box.....

"maybe if my heart stops beating it won't hurt this much..."

Jono

• Facebook
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 03:10:18 PM »

I have a freind an he calls everything I lsiten too "emo" or "Depressing suicide music".
I once played him "Boris the Spider" by the Who and he walked off calling it emo!
With people I know the rule is If its not in NME its emo
Quote from: lucyanna
*whispers to jono* this must seem very odd to you - none of this is reeeaallllllll - we're in candy mountain!

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 02:29:09 AM »

Its like the whole tricorn= Pirate.... just because i wear 18th century clothes does not make me a pirate!

@raliel

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 03:03:33 AM »

Its like the whole tricorn= Pirate.... just because i wear 18th century clothes does not make me a pirate!

It doesn´t make you a pirate, it makes you an emo kid.  ;D

jk

SomewhatDamaged

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2008, 04:42:22 AM »

What about the parrot on your shoulder, the eyepatch, the hook for a hand & your habit of saying phrases like "pieces of eight" & "Avast ye scurvey lot"?
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2008, 05:28:52 AM »

Thats a fetish..... He only does that shit during sex.... so my question is how do you know about those things?

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »

Thats a fetish..... He only does that shit during sex.... so my question is how do you know about those things?
Oh that's easy, Whattey was in the Raliel Porn featurette three episodes after the one you did.

He did tell you he streams live on the web, didn't he?

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »

He loves the pirate cock eh. I knew it. I just did it for the money....

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 03:12:55 AM »

thats not what you told me in the morning

@raliel

SomewhatDamaged

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2008, 08:25:01 AM »

Oh that's easy, Whattey was in the Raliel Porn featurette three episodes after the one you did.

He did tell you he streams live on the web, didn't he?

Cee your just jealous that Mr Raliel won't let you Star in one & your still just a fluffer!

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2008, 12:58:35 PM »

A prime example:

This picture makes me laugh. She is all like 'YEAH, THESE ARE MY HOUSE KEYS. I CAN GET INTO MY HOUSE. I'M SO TOUGH.'

But really, I don't get the keys on the chain or anything.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2008, 02:59:05 PM »

What exactly did I say the next morning? Was it something to the effect of.... "Next time I want your hook in another hole"?

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »

Whats a good jealous icon?

malcontent

• Myspace
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »

:knuppel2: ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up