THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 [181]   Go Down

Author Topic: leaving the light on? WKAP secrets..  (Read 292332 times)

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
Re: leaving the light on? WKAP secrets..
« Reply #2700 on: July 24, 2013, 09:58:51 PM »

That looks really interesting! Also wanted to mention that Neil has started some kind of online game/puzzle thing. RSVP here:

The Budd Family, on behalf of esteemed author Neil Gaiman, cordially request your presence at Wayward Manor. RSVP - http://t.opsp.in/i1MVp
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

Shivers

• -&
  • not gonna live my life on one side of an ampersand
« Reply #2701 on: July 24, 2013, 10:33:52 PM »

Ooh! Thank you!

Ugh, now I'll be jumping into/keeping track of at LEAST 3 ARGs now... and I have a bunch of Unfiction thread tabs opened for completed ones to read about everything that happened... *headdesk* Good thing I literally have no responsibilities whatsoever and all the free time in the world. One time I'm thankful that my mental health status has prevented me from getting a job or going back to school or much of anything else. XD
Me elsewhere:
¤Twitter
¤deviantART
¤YouTube (ukulele covers)
¤Tumblr
¤"Gee, Your Nails Look Terrific" (nail art)

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #2702 on: July 25, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »

That looks really interesting! Also wanted to mention that Neil has started some kind of online game/puzzle thing. RSVP here:

The Budd Family, on behalf of esteemed author Neil Gaiman, cordially request your presence at Wayward Manor. RSVP - http://t.opsp.in/i1MVp

It turns out that Neil's producing a computer game (not online) called Wayward Manor which will be released in December. You can pre-order the game (download $10) and get some nice merch in a quasi-kickstarter format.

http://whohauntsneil.com/welcome/
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

Shivers

• -&
  • not gonna live my life on one side of an ampersand
« Reply #2703 on: July 28, 2013, 02:55:37 PM »

Yup, I saw that. :< I'm kinda disappointed, but I'm also REALLY stoked for a game with Neil involved. That can only be awesome news. Pretty much impossible for THAT to be bad XD I do seem to remember reading either on the site or in the email about it that signing up for the mailing list will get you "clues", but that might just be little previews/tidbits about the upcoming game. Trailers, demos, that kind of thing. I'll still be keeping an eye on it, though.

In other news, 77 Days is progressing pretty well, though we're still all scratching our heads about a lot of stuff. The Google Doc link I shared before is read-only, so you can look at the live, publicly editable one here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UamrCTSCj7IleTVnxNn2mCGX7AsLC-AlOGAYghsKZA0/edit#heading=h.iw0bnihkvpoq

That one's good for keeping up because you can watch it be edited/commented on live, which obviously makes for live conversations. Of course it's still a little messy, but people are working on organizing it/moving certain things to the wiki.

Olga's (LAMP) hasn't had any updates, though, and there IS a mailing list, so I don't have to keep such a vigilant eye on it. I think I said this before, but I'm pretty sure it's less an ARG and more an interactive story. Which is technically what an ARG is, but I mean that it doesn't have puzzles or at least not as many as your typical game.

The Latitude has no updates, either. Soooo if any if you are looking to get into an ACTIVE one before it gets too late to jump in, I suggest you start getting into 77 Days/PronunciationBooks like NOW. As vague/confusing as it is this early on, it's still really interesting and fun to speculate.
Me elsewhere:
¤Twitter
¤deviantART
¤YouTube (ukulele covers)
¤Tumblr
¤"Gee, Your Nails Look Terrific" (nail art)
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 180 [181]   Go Up