THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brigade gets a shoutout  (Read 1673 times)

dj50tonhamster

• Shake your booty like Sheik Yerbouti
  • A kindler, gentler machine gun hand
Brigade gets a shoutout
« on: September 12, 2008, 09:04:21 AM »

Hey everyone. I thought you all might like to know that The Brigade got a shoutout in the liner notes for Luminescent Orchestrii's new album, Neptune's Daughter. The Brigade's thanked for "their generosity of spirit." The members really do think The Brigade is wonderful and they're always happy when Brigaders come out to perform or just plain enjoy the show.

Unfortunately, the record won't be sold in stores until January. For now, you'll have to go a show or get in touch with the band. It's $15 but it's worth the money. The record's full of Balkan gypsy-inspired dance numbers, loving odes to food, Yiddish ballads, beatboxing and whatever other weirdness they felt like tossing into the mix. The music's slower than it is at their shows but you can actually hear the individual notes and whatnot.

Later.
"Mommy, will God send fire ants for me someday?"
"Only if you're good and you pray every day, then Jesus sends the bugs for ya. Good night."

Marldance

• Two headed girl
Re: Brigade gets a shoutout
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 04:59:40 PM »

Hey everyone. I thought you all might like to know that The Brigade got a shoutout in the liner notes for Luminescent Orchestrii's new album, Neptune's Daughter. The Brigade's thanked for "their generosity of spirit." The members really do think The Brigade is wonderful and they're always happy when Brigaders come out to perform or just plain enjoy the show.

Unfortunately, the record won't be sold in stores until January. For now, you'll have to go a show or get in touch with the band. It's $15 but it's worth the money. The record's full of Balkan gypsy-inspired dance numbers, loving odes to food, Yiddish ballads, beatboxing and whatever other weirdness they felt like tossing into the mix. The music's slower than it is at their shows but you can actually hear the individual notes and whatnot.

Later.

Ya i noticed that in the cd! (i just went to the show on friday in saratoga springs) I spoke to Sxip and he had the nicest things to say about the dolls, brigaders and things of that nature.

You could write a letter then or, God forbid, come visit me !

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 09:53:33 PM »

Sxip is awesome. He's the only "the awesome person remembered me!" moment I've ever had.  8)

dj50tonhamster

• Shake your booty like Sheik Yerbouti
  • A kindler, gentler machine gun hand
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 10:37:25 PM »

Speaking of Lumi, the CD's being officially released in January but I snagged a couple of copies from them last week. If anybody wants one, get in touch w/ me. They're $15 + shipping, but if you're in the Boston area, we can just meet up at some point.
"Mommy, will God send fire ants for me someday?"
"Only if you're good and you pray every day, then Jesus sends the bugs for ya. Good night."
Pages: [1]   Go Up